Those last 15 pounds

Options

Replies

• jenr6482
    jenr6482 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great meal ideas thanks.you can do this. I blew it over the weekend but have lost that weight and moving forward.
    becs3578 wrote: »
    You guys are rocking this challenge. I just checked out the spreadsheet. Amazing!!!

Ok I have several quick "GO TO" meals that I eat. Lunch ( a lot of the time) 5oz of rotisserie chicken breast and 6 oz of steamed carrots with 1/2 tablespoon of butter and season to taste. Dinner .... Steamed broccoli, or pan seared fresh Brussel sprouts, (I love and can't do without ziploc steamer bags. Works great steaming all my veggies) 1/2 tablespoon butter and a little parm cheese with some protein (rotiserrie chicken breast, grilled shrimp or scallops... Because they cook really fast and I can keep them in the freezer and just take out what I need).

Snacks as of late.... Beef jerky (hi in protein and easy to take with me), fresh pineapple and or apples (but apples I need to eat with peanut butter and I am gonna try to cut peanut butter for the rest of the challenge).

I have had a good week. Still not doing all the extra abs/booty/arms work at home. By the end of the night I am exhausted so I think I need to start doing it in the morning. Toning while losing it a big part of my goal. I am definitely down from last week but my official weigh is tomorrow. Hoping for 132 but we have to wait and see.

Not really sure I can lose the remaining 12.5 by the end of this challenge but if I can get down atleast anothet 8.6.... I will be thrilled and will only have 4 more to go before my beach vaca in July. That is now my my goal.

Just need to stay focused and I have to try to NOT let the stresses of life knock me off course like "old me" use too.
  • jenr6482
    Options
    When I told my doctor I wanted to lose 30 lbs he told me to eat 1500 cal/day and take 2 years to lose the weight. It will become a lifestyle change after two years. Good luck and welcome aboard
    huango wrote: »
    I'd like to join please.

I'm finally taking control of my eating: "abs are revealed in the kitchen".
    I'd like to lose 5# by summer and another 5# before Christmas.
    This is a lifestyle change, so I'm taking it really slow, aiming for less than 1 pound loss per month. Really aiming for body fat loss.

Amanda
    42yrs old
    4'11"
    SW 128.5
    CW 121.2 (as of 2/4/15; I need to weigh myself this week)
    GW 116
    UGW 109

I've added myself to the Googledoc.
  • SuperSonique1
    SuperSonique1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bgail2022 wrote: »

I have been loving my slow cooker. I make a batch of beef or chicken with some stewed tomatoes and that's a few dinners. For lunches I buy precut lettuce and make 2 or 3 lunches on Sunday. Or boil a bunch of eggs to have on hand.

It requires work - do your best and good luck. :)
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Today is my weekly weigh in day.

Last Wednesday - 133.8
    Today - 132.2

1.6 lb loss. (2.2 lb loss since beginning of challenge)

Now back to work!!! :)
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    ^^ WTG!!!
  • becs3578
    Options
    ^^ WTG!!!

Thank you!!!
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All,
    I do my weigh ins on tues... down 1 lb. checking out the spreadsheet- looks like most are doing good !!!! I am finding you have to be very disciplined on calories for these last few pounds...
    I snack on bitohoneys in the evenings and not sending me over. sometimes days later I will remember some food I forgot to track but I usually have a cushion for it.
    Sorry I don't have any quick meal ideas, I do like to roast a pan of different veggies tho..yum
    Keep up the good work all, colleen
  • rushfive
    Options
    Loving the warmer weather !!!
    So nice to be able to finally walk/jog (wog) outside again !!!
  • jenr6482
    Options
    Way to go!
    becs3578 wrote: »
    Today is my weekly weigh in day.

Last Wednesday - 133.8
    Today - 132.2

1.6 lb loss. (2.2 lb loss since beginning of challenge)

Now back to work!!! :)

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,449 Member
    Options
    This week has been great so far. Weigh in on Sunday should be really good!! Off work today...DH and I will help out in DD's first grade classroom! Fun! Everyone is doing great!

Have a terrific Thursday!

Chris
  • vbird2014
    vbird2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this i started this app in January and started zumba I was 11stone ..I've lost a whole stone in 8 weeks but now its stopped.. I want another half stone at least to go but I'm stuck ... Losing the will to carry on now
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,449 Member
    Options
    This week has been great so far. Weigh in on Sunday should be really good!! Off work today...DD is a first grade teacher and DH and I will help out in her classroom today! Fun!

Everyone is doing great! We just need to keep moving and watch what we eat.

Have a terrific Thursday!

Chris
  • Mountainmelody
    Mountainmelody Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Working on the last 15...feel free to add me!
  • rushfive
    Options
    vbird2014 wrote: »
    I'm new to this i started this app in January and started zumba I was 11stone ..I've lost a whole stone in 8 weeks but now its stopped.. I want another half stone at least to go but I'm stuck ... Losing the will to carry on now

Please don't give up.... you may need to adjust the settings ie. pounds want to lose in a week from 2 to 1 or 1/2. (also your new weight). I have found out after getting close to my goal, I switched it to lose 1/2 pd. per week, so I can still eat plenty of food.
    But it still is slow going and very strict on calorie count. also some people experience a plateau which will pass, give it time.
    Good luck !!!!
  • becs3578
    Options
    vbird2014 wrote: »

I find losing my last 15 hard as heck. Especially because I was so close, and let some personal drama bring me back to the dark side. Gained lime 10-12 lbs in 2 months.... I have 7 more to lose of that (regained) weight and then 5 more to reach goal.

SLOW AND STEAD is what I keep telling myself but I know some days I just am so frustrated. WE CAN DO THIS. We just have to keep going.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I find now that I am so close my body loses weight so differently. I won't see a change in the scale, or rather my fluctuations are all over the place, but then in two weeks I will lose two pounds over night. Since I've seen it happen 3+ times now I feel much better about the 'seemingly' lack of progress - just have to wait it out.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    I lost 5.6pounds since 2/4/15 weigh-in (over 5weeks ago).

Wooohooo!
    I've lost all the weight I put all this past Holiday (Halloween-NYE) season, and then some.

THIS is the lightest I've ever been since I hit puberty; lighter than when I KILLED myself for my wedding by working out 10times a week (running 6miles in the morning and 1hr cardio after work) while not eating much.

This IF, 5:2, portion control, weight training and banking calories and moving more is so working for me.
    I don't feel deprived, I'm doing truthful logging and planning, and I get to have pie for pi day. If you told me 10 years ago that I could have delicious pie as part of my diet and still lose weight, I'd say you're lying.

But I'm going to raise my calorie allowance up by 100: I don't want to lose 1pound per week. That's too fast.

Thanks,
    Amanda
  • jenr6482
    Options

I have lost all my pre holiday weight. I'm excited to keep going. Today I weighed less than I was 4 years ago . Thanks to all my friends at MFP who let me think out loud and encourage me not to quit. Headed into another weekend AND spring break so I'll be home more.
    quote="huango;31671291"]I lost 5.6pounds since 2/4/15 weigh-in (over 5weeks ago).

Wooohooo!
    I've lost all the weight I put all this past Holiday (Halloween-NYE) season, and then some.

THIS is the lightest I've ever been since I hit puberty; lighter than when I KILLED myself for my wedding by working out 10times a week (running 6miles in the morning and 1hr cardio after work) while not eating much.

This IF, 5:2, portion control, weight training and banking calories and moving more is so working for me.
    I don't feel deprived, I'm doing truthful logging and planning, and I get to have pie for pi day. If you told me 10 years ago that I could have delicious pie as part of my diet and still lose weight, I'd say you're lying.

But I'm going to raise my calorie allowance up by 100: I don't want to lose 1pound per week. That's too fast.

Thanks,
    Amanda[/quote]

Wooohooo!

Thanks,
    Amanda

Wooohooo!

Thanks,
    Amanda

• jenr6482
    Options
    I went for a walk....as slow as a turtle walking in peanut butter..... No not really but I heard that and it made me laugh. I went for a 25 minute walk. I know it was good for me cause I was puffing when I got back and my legs were telling me I hadn't done that in a while! I'm hoping for a great weigh in tomorrow to make up for last week.
  • JB1443
    JB1443 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 100 pounds and can't seem to stay motivated for the last 10. Seems like my body is holding onto the the extra pounds even though I WANT them gone. If there is anybody that is positive and encouraging, but pushy, that would like a diet partner, please feel free to add me. No one else in my family had the desire to lose weight like I do.