All calories are not created equal

Options
13»

Replies

• dpgalbreath
    dpgalbreath Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    not sure if you are willing to, but if you open diary you might get some more precise advice

• dpgalbreath
    Options
    ?
  • dpgalbreath
    Options
    My diary is open
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    My diary is open

No sure if it is public or private viewing..unless MFP has totally changed on me
  • dpgalbreath
    Options
    My diary is open

No sure if it is public or private viewing..unless MFP has totally changed on me
    My diary is open

My diary is open

• dpgalbreath
    Options
    So sorry it was set on private. But I fixed it.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I have noticed when my carb count is above 30% on any given day my weight loss stops. Just counting calories isn't the only deciding factor for success in my weight loss.
    I'm sure if I were more active that the carbs would burn off quickly and not affect the weight loss as much.
    So now that the weather is clearing up the dogs and I are going to be
    Out there pouring on the steam and it is back to spinach salads and chicken breast, boiled eggs, and grapefruit and less bread and potatoes.
    Even though my calorie count has been 100-300 lower Than suggested before any activity has been calculated everyday my weight loss stopped, and it is way to early in the game for that to be happening.

While all of the above may be true, your conclusion that all calories are not the same is false. Please stop spreading misinformation.
  • dpgalbreath
    Options
    I have noticed when my carb count is above 30% on any given day my weight loss stops. Just counting calories isn't the only deciding factor for success in my weight loss.
    I'm sure if I were more active that the carbs would burn off quickly and not affect the weight loss as much.
    So now that the weather is clearing up the dogs and I are going to be
    Out there pouring on the steam and it is back to spinach salads and chicken breast, boiled eggs, and grapefruit and less bread and potatoes.
    Even though my calorie count has been 100-300 lower Than suggested before any activity has been calculated everyday my weight loss stopped, and it is way to early in the game for that to be happening.

While all of the above may be true, your conclusion that all calories are not the same is false. Please stop spreading misinformation.

• dpgalbreath
    Options
    It is not false. It is not information it is merely a personal observation. Nothing more nothing less. Stop reading something into what was stated.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    my goal was to target fat loss, so I continued eating carbs as normal but at an overall calorie defecit.
    Now I'm 127lb 15-18% body fat and stuffed full of carbs and water and pumped up with glycogen.
    I don't mind carrying that kind of weight- it's the fat I wanted rid of.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Your diary is packed with unweighted entries, some quick adds, and pre-made foods whose entries are clearly guesses.

I am confident you are eating more than you think.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    It is not false. It is not information it is merely a personal observation. Nothing more nothing less. Stop reading something into what was stated.

hicpilvjtj9k.jpg
    A calorie is a unit of measurement which is why he said your statement is false.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

It is false. And while you may find you like to be lower in carb intake it is necessary for weight loss. You made a post claiming all calories are not equal. Then claimed you don't lose weight by eating higher carbs. But that's not true. A calorie is a calorie. Whether you experienced water retention (as mentioned earlier) has yet to be seen and that's fine. Eat lower carbs, that's your preference.

The distribution of calories be it protein, fat, Fiber, carbs is based on health and personal preference. Some people enjoy low carbs, some high. The difference is personal and one does not trump the others (medical conditions aside).

I love my carbs and I lost all my weight eating a decently high carb. It's just what I prefer.

Perhaps you should have titled your post to reflect your intention of posting a personal observation and not claim something that isn't true.