What real women look like

Options
Has anyone else had a look at their size on mybodygallery.com. If so what did they think? I was pleasantly surprised by putting in my figures. I still want to lose weight, but it made me realise my figure is not as bad as I think it is.

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I've actually contributed to it. It's a great project!

It has confirmed that my current weight, and goal weight, are perfectly reasonable. I often have people tell me that my goal should be as much as 50 pounds below where it is. Nope!
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'd never heard of it but just had a look. I'm not to bad for an old bird!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I appear to be unique and my search produced no results :(
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I do not really understand what this site proves? That people of similar weight, height and body type look more or less the same? Isn't it like looking in the mirror?
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So, apparently I'm different because there were three pictures that showed up for the height/age/weight I am, and all said pant sizes that were at least a couple smaller sizes than me. Good to know I must be bigger than most people who weigh what I weigh.

Gonna have to give this website a :-1:
  • kmccann357
    kmccann357 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ugh, It just makes me feel worse about myself. 5ft 7in, 150lbs section (the only one that showed an image despite me being 155), 34 hips, small top... only a few photo's.. need to lose a lot more weight!
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    I do not really understand what this site proves? That people of similar weight, height and body type look more or less the same? Isn't it like looking in the mirror?

In theory, yes, you can just look in the mirror. For me, having lost a fair amount of weight, it becomes difficult to see yourself as others see you.

Sometimes I catch a glimpse of myself and see someone who is obese. Other times I can see myself and think I look amazing. It depends on my mood on that particular day. Really seeing yourself as others do is difficult for some of us, so to look at someone else who is close to our age and size , it gives us an idea of what others see when they look at us.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    That website is just to show different body yes and is not intended to make us feel bad about ourselves if we don't fit in.
    kmccann357 wrote: »
    Ugh, It just makes me feel worse about myself. 5ft 7in, 150lbs section (the only one that showed an image despite me being 155), 34 hips, small top... only a few photo's.. need to lose a lot more weight!

No you don't.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    kmccann357 wrote: »

@kmccann357‌

5'7", 150#, 36"-ish hips
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Interestingly enough, I do get lots of women who basically look like me when I put my stats in...which is reassuring, because usually when I put my height and weight into things they tell me I'm underweight. But, the women I'm seeing on this site with my stats don't look any more underweight than I think I do (with maybe one exception), which somewhat reassures me that I have a reasonable self-concept of my own body size.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

SNORT!
  • azraelena
    Options
    I like the page, I actually have no one I could compare to elsewise. Friends are either not in the same weight category or not the same height, celebrity stats on the internet are just a guess, so it´s really nice to see that the body I think is attractive is only 5 kg less away from my body weight and not some unreachable goal out of the land of narnia.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    What a great idea! I looked up my current size and also where I want to end up.
  • SLLRunner
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The women who are in their early 50's, are 5 ft 4.5 to 5 inches tall, and weigh 139/140 pounds look terrific, but most of them wear size ten pants and size medium shirts. One lady in with my stats wears a 4. I wear a 4 to 6 pants and small shirts, but I also do some heavy weight lifting.
  • Drewlssix
    Drewlssix Posts: 272 Member
    Options

Contribute?
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    Well, rabbits are unique, didn't you know? :D

I also have a dear friend named Rabbit, and here she is to say hi:

9b79edca8fc2fe9c7c402f9c13169f7e.jpg

• azulvioleta6
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So, apparently I'm different because there were three pictures that showed up for the height/age/weight I am, and all said pant sizes that were at least a couple smaller sizes than me. Good to know I must be bigger than most people who weigh what I weigh.

Gonna have to give this website a :-1:

You probably have less muscle/more fat.

That's actually a good piece of information that could help inform your workout plan. Do you need to start lifting or to lift heavier?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Well, rabbits are unique, didn't you know? :D

I also have a dear friend named Rabbit, and here she is to say hi:

9b79edca8fc2fe9c7c402f9c13169f7e.jpg

The-Rarely-Seen-Crazy-Bunny-Meme.jpg
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    The idea is to look at possible goal weights, not necessarily at your current weight. It's also to get some idea of what real, non-photoshopped, non-model bodies actually look like.

I am much taller than most women, so I have nobody to compare with in real life.

I contributed a photo when I was at 220. Most people would hear that number and expect someone who looked awful--but I did not. Height makes a big difference.
  • Metruis
    Metruis Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You should put yourself in then!

And the site just made me feel bad about myself. Yeesh. Yeah, screw my 135 goal, I need to get down to like 110 to look good... ergh... so that's like 115 more pounds to go. Although I lift weights so chances are 135 will look fine.