Jawbone UP24 Tracker _ NOT SENDING DATA to MFP

Options
Have a new Jawbone UP24 Wireless bracelet that works great and with no problems with my android phone UP application.

Problem is:
Up Jawbone app and MFP are supposed to transfer data on steps, calories and food. I have worked within UP to connect and sync the applications and I get all the right responses...but no activity, calories or food ever gets posted to my MFP on my Motorola G android phone or the website here.

Question for MFP: Are you aware of this large user group syncing problem. Their User support claims they are talking to you and trying to fix the problem. Is there a Problem (and its NOT me doing something wrong)? Are You indeed working on it? Any fedback on your commitment and prognosis for having this fixed?

Its a WONDERFUL FEATURE...many users waiting for the integration.

Thanks

Suzzie

Replies

• willies_girl
    willies_girl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    omg, i thought i was a total idiot. it used to work GREAT and recently just stopped!!! help!!!
  • longshadows17
    longshadows17 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Mine stopped syncing sometime Saturday morning. Awaiting a fix too!
  • mommamisty823
    Options
    mine also stopped syncing.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling (it should save your data). Mine is working fine, have a Samsung Galaxy 4 android.
  • longshadows17
    longshadows17 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Uninstalled and reinstalled and still not syncing :(
  • cchierighini
    cchierighini Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mine won't sync either only got it today! :(
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    MFP has a Jawbone UP Bracelet group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/13420-jawbone-up-bracelet

Do not log any step-based activity. Your UP is already tracking it for you.

Log non-step exercise (like biking or swimming) in UP—never MFP.

Log food & drink (including water) in MFP.

Enable negative calorie adjustments: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

Set your activity level to sedentary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided & set your goal to .5 lb. per week for each 25 lbs. you need to lose.

Follow your MFP goal, eating back your UP adjustments.

Your UP total burn is your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure). If you follow my instructions you'll be eating at TDEE minus an appropriate deficit. I lost the weight & have maintained for 6 months using these settings.
  • b_morales1
    Options
    I have a similar problem. Just today, my calorie data won't sync to my Jawbone UP app. I uninstalled MFP and reinstalled it. Both MFP and Jawbone say they are linked, but I can't get it to work. It just stopped. IT worked perfectly fine for the past few weeks, and now it has stopped. What can I do to get it to work again? Thanks.
  • gmbonafilia
    gmbonafilia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I tried all the same steps you did with no success. I'm hoping it's just a temporary server issue that will be resolved soon.
  • Jrojomartinez
    Jrojomartinez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here the same. Installed MyFitnessPal some days ago. Connected today with UP, UP is receiving the food logs from MFP, but MFP will not update any food I log in UP.
    Is there an issue or something I can do to fix it?
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    UP is receiving the food logs from MFP, but MFP will not update any food I log in UP.
    Is there an issue or something I can do to fix it?

Food only syncs one way—from MFP to UP.
  • Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My food is syncing from MFP to the jawbone, but none of my steps are making it back from my jawbone to mfp. It's incredibly frustrating. Help?
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    Odiliawine wrote: »
    My food is syncing from MFP to the jawbone, but none of my steps are making it back from my jawbone to mfp. It's incredibly frustrating. Help?

MFP posted two days ago that the Jawbone sync is broken. They said they'd post updates, but nothing yet: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1983451--jawbone-syncing-issues-
  • jmdonovan3
    jmdonovan3 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I can't get my steps to sync from my Fitbit to MFP?
  • Jaharr88
    Jaharr88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    Odiliawine wrote: »

MFP posted two days ago that the Jawbone sync is broken. They said they'd post updates, but nothing yet: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1983451--jawbone-syncing-issues-

I hope that someone will post when a fix is out.
  • SpideRaY
    SpideRaY Posts: 12 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    This link you have given is dead as is the support from both camps.

This article doesn't have a translation for English
    Last Updated: Liquid error: undefined method `in_time_zone' for nil:NilClass

I addition I always seem to get my step data from the Jawbone UP app to MFP app however this only seems to work after I have plugged in my band . The problem I have is that I have is the other way MFP to UP like today. I added my food data for Breakfast and it didn't show up on my Jawbone UP app I waited 3 hours until dinner time and still nothing. So I disconnected to two and reconnected via the main MFP website and bingo 5 mins later the MFP food showed up on the UP app. Now I have another problem I accidentally clicked the red circle remove button as it was showing as Withings Step data and I have now lost yesterdays UP calorie burn adjustment on the MFP app. It's been 18 hrs and still nothing.

I have just cleared the MFP cache on the my Android app an uninstalled and reinstalled logged back in and set up the Jawbone UP in MFP and the step tracking today seems fine however yesterday is still missing so I have had to guesstimate and add this manually which is a bit much as this is surely supposed to do it all for you I wouldn't have removed it if it showed up as UP calorie adjustment I feel that there might be a small bug this needs to be worked out this is the second time that the website is showing different data to the MFP app.

d73yfm0wubkz.png

This is all a bit stressful not conducive to loosing weight come on please sort this out and both companies talk to each other to ensure a happier user community. I have found that the MFP website and the UP app seem to talk to each other better than the MFP app and the UP app do I have done testing on this today after my reinstall of both of these apps and now frustration has defo set in as only the MFP website will send to the UP app this is almost instantaneously whilst the MFP android app refuses to sync to the main website...Arrrrgghhhh............. Seriously are you kidding me ?

I must point out that I found this from MFP in another forum post which is a bit of a get out clause as it's the MFP app and website that seem to now have the problem I add food via the app and hit complete expecting it to show up on the MFP website and is then disappears almost as quick as I have added it. Surely it's not time to clear the cache AGAIN and reinstall the MFP app ??

".... If after trying all these steps, you still do not see a sync, we would recommend waiting 24 hours for any delays to catch up. We usually sync data within 15 minutes of activity, but in some instances there are technical issues that may prevent sync from being immediate. If we are experiencing longer than usual delays, we typically post in the announcement section of our Community Questions area. If there is no indication there that we are experiencing issues and your sync is delayed over 24 hours, please email our team by clicking the "email us" option....

then wait 3 days for MFP to send the standard response please clear cache and reinstall....madness if you ask me just iron out the bugs and keep everyone happy.
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    SpideRaY wrote: »
    I accidentally clicked the red circle remove button as it was showing as Withings Step data and I have now lost yesterdays UP calorie burn adjustment on the MFP app. It's been 18 hrs and still nothing.

Yesterday is still missing so I have had to guesstimate and add this manually which is a bit much as this is surely supposed to do it all for you I wouldn't have removed it if it showed up as UP calorie adjustment I feel that there might be a small bug this needs to be worked out this is the second time that the website is showing different data to the MFP app.

If you delete a previous day's UP
    adjustment, it's gone forever. That's just the way it works.

I'm confused. Are you saying you have both Withings & UP synced to your MFP account at the same time? Or that your UP adjustment randomly said Withings instead?

In the MFP app, go to More > Steps and make sure Jawbone is checked.
  • MrsEdden
    MrsEdden Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Late to this thread but, are users still having problems with the link between MFP and UP? It seems that every single time MFP release an update, it messes something up with sharing from UP - for the past couple of days my calories have not been sharing across from UP, even though the steps have...standard response from MFP re: disconnecting/reconnecting apps and then a very, very patronising statement that I probably hadn't done enough exercise to warrant an adjustment! Getting so sick and tired of these constant problems, which I foresee only getting worse as they try to foist their 'premium' product onto users.
    Any advice gratefully received.
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    MrsEdden wrote: »
    For the past couple of days my calories have not been sharing across from UP, even though the steps have.

Steps are controlled in the app by going to More > Steps and checking Jawbone.

Adjustments are controlled by syncing your accounts at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps/show/97 and enabling negative calorie adjustments: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

A broken sync can often be fixed by disconnecting your accounts and deleting both the UP app and the MFP app from your device. Restart your device, reinstall both apps, connect your accounts, enable negative calorie adjustments, and turn steps back on.