IT could be your last MEAL!

Options

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    I would wind up not eating anything for indecision. There are too many really great dishes from which to choose.

Like, would you go for a comfort food, something nostalgic? Or something decadent/unusual? Would you try to replicate an amazing meal you had once? What if it disappointed? Yeah, I'd probably wind up sitting it out, hungry :/

How about all of them?

And end your life with nausea?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    gavacho661 wrote: »
    and can afford an organic pantry......then that's awesome. And I'm sincerely happy for you. But I like pizza and chips and and beer among other things. All I'm saying is that if your eating little a rabbit and hate it then don't do it. IT could your last MEAL. We were meant to enjoy eating, so eat what you want and work out harder! And longer! And more frequently! That's what I do and I've lost 6 lbs in under two weeks.

If I knew it was my last meal and that I would die shortly after, I would eat chocolate (lots of it), and onion rings (lots of them as well). Well actually I would die if I did this since I'm allergic to both chocolate and onions.....

If THAT were the actual question: regardless of diet, regardless of health IFF I were going to die after this meal?
    Yeah, lots of pizza. As much pizza as I wanted. A big filet mignon. A bottle of really nice sauvignon blanc. And whatever else I craved at that moment.

That said, based on his follow up posts, I don't think that was the oddly worded point of the OP. I think he was getting at: do something you can sustain.

If so, I agree.

I should have been clearer in my comment, in that these are the only things I don't eat (for obvious reasons). Anything else I want I fit in my daily calorie goals, since I'm down 30 pounds and losing 1-2 pounds a week it's working and it's something I find sustainable.

OP: totally fine that it made you laugh, it was meant to be funny
    You're allergic to both? bummer! Glad you've found what works for you!

Yup I'm allergic to both, chocolate causes me to break out in blistering sores (though if I take enough benedryl I can cheat a little bit), however onions cause my airway to swell shut. It's so much fun being out on a first date and eating a hidden onion in your dish ( that happened on the very first date with my husband).
    I bet he is the perfect man for you! Glad you can cheat from time to time with chocolate!

Naaaw :smile:
    A friend of mine was on a first date. She had been constipated for many days beforehand. Long story short, he found her slouched over the toilet seat, having passed out from the massive amount of strain she had to do to pass those gargantuan boulders :noway:
    Sorry, wildly off topic, I know :wink:

Ps, they're married now :+1:

• tomatoey
    Options
    Unless it was set out tapas style, maybe that would work.
  • apple173
    apple173 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I think I would try red meat.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I would wind up not eating anything for indecision. There are too many really great dishes from which to choose.

Like, would you go for a comfort food, something nostalgic? Or something decadent/unusual? Would you try to replicate an amazing meal you had once? What if it disappointed? Yeah, I'd probably wind up sitting it out, hungry :/

How about all of them?

And end your life with nausea?

Would never happen
  • gavacho661
    Options
    I agree that we should eat good and satisfying food.

At the same time, food should not be used as a reward. We are not "treating" ourselves by eating whatever we want, whenever we want--really, that is self-abuse. It's pretty normal in US culture, but it isn't a good thing. If food is a very large percentage of the pleasure that you have in your life, that's something to re-evaluate.

On an entirely unrelated note, I HATE the word Gavacho/a. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Sorry gavacho661...I don't understand why anyone would ever call himself this!

Hmmm.....well, I also didn't like it at first. But to be quite honest it was used as a term of endearment in my case. The same Mexican family I married into had nicknames like Gordo, which you know what that means, yet also a term of endearment within a family. I'm divorced from this woman 5 years ago and currently closer to them than my own blood ties. Still call me that and many peoe have nicknames that at a time were offensive or just didn't like but after time it becomes something many in that situation come embrace nicknames they once hated. Also I been called worse and didn't care. Not sure why you do.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

I was once in a position of being told that I was going to die.

Do tell

Well, to make a very long story short, I had a ruptured brain aneurysm. I had a craniotomy 11 years ago tomorrow. When my neurosurgeon first identified what was going on, he said said "this is likely going to take your life." Ceviche was the first thing that popped into my head. I had lots of deeper thoughts in the minutes that followed, but the first thing was being sad that I had been too busy to eat one of my favorite (healthy) foods.

I wasn't allowed to eat again for the next 12 days. It was several months before I got my ceviche.
  • Christine_72
    Options

Do tell

Well, to make a very long story short, I had a ruptured brain aneurysm. I had a craniotomy 11 years ago tomorrow. When my neurosurgeon first identified what was going on, he said said "this is likely going to take your life." Ceviche was the first thing that popped into my head. I had lots of deeper thoughts in the minutes that followed, but the first thing was being sad that I had been too busy to eat one of my favorite (healthy) foods.

I wasn't allowed to eat again for the next 12 days. It was several months before I got my ceviche.

:heart: xx :heart: xx

• tomatoey
    Options

Do tell

Jesus! Thank something you made it! Thank something they caught it!
  • ncboiler89
    Options

Do tell

Wow. I can't even imagine.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    gavacho661 wrote: »
    and can afford an organic pantry......then that's awesome. And I'm sincerely happy for you. But I like pizza and chips and and beer among other things. All I'm saying is that if your eating little a rabbit and hate it then don't do it. IT could your last MEAL. We were meant to enjoy eating, so eat what you want and work out harder! And longer! And more frequently! That's what I do and I've lost 6 lbs in under two weeks.

If I knew it was my last meal and that I would die shortly after, I would eat chocolate (lots of it), and onion rings (lots of them as well). Well actually I would die if I did this since I'm allergic to both chocolate and onions.....

If THAT were the actual question: regardless of diet, regardless of health IFF I were going to die after this meal?
    Yeah, lots of pizza. As much pizza as I wanted. A big filet mignon. A bottle of really nice sauvignon blanc. And whatever else I craved at that moment.

That said, based on his follow up posts, I don't think that was the oddly worded point of the OP. I think he was getting at: do something you can sustain.

If so, I agree.

I should have been clearer in my comment, in that these are the only things I don't eat (for obvious reasons). Anything else I want I fit in my daily calorie goals, since I'm down 30 pounds and losing 1-2 pounds a week it's working and it's something I find sustainable.

OP: totally fine that it made you laugh, it was meant to be funny
    You're allergic to both? bummer! Glad you've found what works for you!

Yup I'm allergic to both, chocolate causes me to break out in blistering sores (though if I take enough benedryl I can cheat a little bit), however onions cause my airway to swell shut. It's so much fun being out on a first date and eating a hidden onion in your dish ( that happened on the very first date with my husband).
    I bet he is the perfect man for you! Glad you can cheat from time to time with chocolate!

Naaaw :smile:
    A friend of mine was on a first date. She had been constipated for many days beforehand. Long story short, he found her slouched over the toilet seat, having passed out from the massive amount of strain she had to do to pass those gargantuan boulders :noway:
    Sorry, wildly off topic, I know :wink:

Ps, they're married now :+1:

Things like that either make or break the romance. My hubby does not handle a medical crisis well and freaked. The manager of the restaurant called 911. I don't remember much detail (thankfully) though I do know the had to put in a breathing tube in the ambulance. I figured we would work out when he was in the ER when I woke up. He always (even 18 years later) asks the waiter at least twice to make sure there are no onions on my food
  • apple173
    Options

Do tell

Thank goodness it was caught early.
  • SonofNorthernDarkness
    Options
    does it even really matter?
  • BeardedStudWarrior
    BeardedStudWarrior Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I gotta start drinking more
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    I gotta start drinking more

Way ahead of you
  • BeardedStudWarrior
    Options
    See, booze as a last meal is the way to go. I have no idea WTF else was posted in this topic. IT made my brain go numb.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    You are all up way past your bed times heh? I'm in Australia and I usually hate this time of day because the forums are so quiet. I wanted to thank y'all for keeping me entertained :smile:
  • BeardedStudWarrior
    Options
    Its after midnight in Texas. I have no beer!
  • apple173
    Options
    You are all up way past your bed times heh? I'm in Australia and I usually hate this time of day because the forums are so quiet. I wanted to thank y'all for keeping me entertained :smile:

I'm the same. It's usually quiet-ish.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    Its after midnight in Texas. I have no beer!

But you have to have guns right?