Im single because......

Options

Replies

• softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I was supposed to be a size six, spend my time cooking fabulous gourmet meals, constantly looking sexy, tricked out in heels, mini skirt, with flawless mani, pedi, and waxed everywhere. I was also supposed to have an incredible six figure salary, but only work 40 hours a week or less, never go to the gym, clean house and iron in my free time...and be enthusiastic about a vacation to see his Mother in Oklahoma, twice a year, for a week each time.

Being single is a dream compared with that gig.
  • SleeplessInSeattle
    SleeplessInSeattle Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Not through choice
  • SleeplessInSeattle
    SleeplessInSeattle Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    laurielima wrote: »
    apart from the apparent psycho look :joy: ..... I haven't found a man that has made me feel like this again! 7 years is a long time to not feel like that! :sob::heart_eyes:

27g4ye2n4t4d.gif

thats a dangerous bar to hold relationships too...a love movie.

lol I don't... it's the emotions I had when I first met what I thought was the love of my life lol just to feel them feelings again would be amazing ( the laughter the butterflies ) it's more like moths these days :joy:

ps. no idea what the movie is I just picked a gif :joy:

I'll make you feel electricity. Come sleep under the stars with me.

ps. It looks a bit like a scene from "The Notebook"? maybe not.

• determined_ella
    determined_ella Posts: 4,354 Member
    Options
    I lost a wife in child birth. Ive dated... Usually not the right woman. Dated a 23 year old for a time but the 300 texts a day from her drove me nuts. Dated a woman recently but her life was even busier than mine so she just really wanted a FWB and I am worth more than that. So I am prob too picky. I want a woman who loves kids, funny, passionate, adventurous, stable, active, sweet and not crazy. Thats evidently a crap load to ask

sorry to hear about your wife : (
    I know how hard it is to raise a child on your own... and no doubt you are doing an amazing job raising the little one ; )
    seems like you just haven't found the right one, and too right you should be picky! :joy: you have a child to think about and no doubt you want a women that will care as much as you do for your child.. and it takes someone very special to come into an already made family, and make them their own. hopefully you find the descripted lady :wink: she's out there! :agree:
  • determined_ella
    determined_ella Posts: 4,354 Member
    Options
    laurielima wrote: »
    apart from the apparent psycho look :joy: ..... I haven't found a man that has made me feel like this again! 7 years is a long time to not feel like that! :sob::heart_eyes:

27g4ye2n4t4d.gif

thats a dangerous bar to hold relationships too...a love movie.

lol I don't... it's the emotions I had when I first met what I thought was the love of my life lol just to feel them feelings again would be amazing ( the laughter the butterflies ) it's more like moths these days :joy:

ps. no idea what the movie is I just picked a gif :joy:

I'll make you feel electricity. Come sleep under the stars with me.

ps. It looks a bit like a scene from "The Notebook"? maybe not.

:joy: does it!? I'm going to have to watch this film now lol
  • WishesOnTheStar
    WishesOnTheStar Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    No man have been able to pick me up and twirl me around like they mean it. Lol :)

kids-spinning-old-lady-around-swinging-1396610803p.gif
  • Awolkawasaki
    Awolkawasaki Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    In my mind I'm single. Why is it so easy to get stuck in *kitten*?
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I'm just really really badly anti-social. I can't even make friends on here because... I just find it hard to relate to people.
  • Scorpiena
    Scorpiena Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm boring
  • kangakev
    kangakev Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    my therapist has not explained it to me yet
  • cboehm
    cboehm Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Im busy being a mom to 4 amazing boys - divorced and we raise our boys without drama. Life is good could not ask for more:)
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Nobody has asked me out
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    strozman wrote: »
    I didn't communicate better, and ignorantly believed in fairy tale happy endings

Happens to every relationship, whether they stay together or not. Reality is a HUGE slap in the face at some point, but then it makes things easier once you accept it.

• aemech97
    aemech97 Posts: 11
    Options
    I have yet to be able to find someone that can handle all this awesomeness....
  • many_splendored
    many_splendored Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Because the men I want are never the men I should have, and I know this.
  • getaterr
    getaterr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Because I am wildly insecure about my body, and when people ask me out or make moves, I firmly believe it's in jest.

I know I'm not alone out there...

Plus meeting guys at bars is annoying. Let's be real here.
  • many_splendored
    many_splendored Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    getaterr wrote: »
    Because I am wildly insecure about my body, and when people ask me out or make moves, I firmly believe it's in jest.

I know I'm not alone out there...

Plus meeting guys at bars is annoying. Let's be real here.

I'm with you on that one - goin to bars is something I do expressly with my friends, not for meeting people.

• Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I won't settle! Been there, done that!
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Because the men I want are never the men I should have, and I know this.

^^^^This... :(
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    The only people who are attracted to me are the ones who want a mother rather than a wife and I will NOT be a woman who takes charge of everything. My Mom was that kind of wife and I saw what it did to my Dad over their 50 year marriage.

I am very content with myself and who I am. I don't need another for validation, although I do get lonely sometimes.