breakfast suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• pigoon
    pigoon Posts: 6 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I hate breakfast. It gives me a headache every flippin' day. This is my favorite thing in the entire world nowadays, and saves my life every morning:

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

I see from previous posts that you don't like oatmeal. Neither do I. This is a different animal altogether.

I like to double the recipe to have for a snack later, or if I'm particularly ravenous in the morning. It's like a heavenly cross between chia seed pudding and oatmeal, but the oats aren't the star. I've tried it with milk and yogurt, coconut milk and cream (to replace the yogurt) and every combination thereof. Here's how I do it:

1/2 cup uncooked old fashioned rolled oats
    ~3/4 cup coconut milk (I like the Trader Joe's kind from the can)
    1/2 cup coconut cream in place of yogurt (Also from Trader Joe's in the can. Don't be scared of the high fat, coconut is super good fat and awesome for you)
    3 teaspoons chia seeds
    A handful of almonds or walnuts
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 to 2 tablespoons raspberry jam (I often leave this out until the morning, in case I want a different flavor upon waking. I like St. Dalfour's jam that's sweetened only with fruit juice)
    Any fruit you like. I use raspberries because they're my fave.
    It's also vegan this way.

The flavor combos are endless, and you don't even have to cook it. Just prepare it the night before and leave it in the fridge 'til morning. If it's a little too thick, I just add a little more coconut milk. It keeps me full until lunchtime no questions asked. Give it a go!

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. This morning I made an egg sandwich--an egg, an egg white, cheddar cheese, center cut bacon, and pepper strips on an English muffin.

If I don't have a lot of time, I'll have an apple with some peanut butter and a glass of milk, or a parfait made of Fago 0% Greek yogurt, granola and berries.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I usually have a slice of wholemeal toast, 2 poached eggs and a bit of ham.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts are simple. I have 3 options. (Well actually more if you look close enough, but these are the basics.)

1. Cereal and Milk. (Lots of variety here, I can choose a different cereal and even a different milk each time.)

2. Toast with 1 egg and 1 egg white, or if I'm willing to spend some calories, 2 eggs, and they had better be sunny-side up!

3. Toast with 1 tablespoon of peanutbutter. (Also some variety here, I can swop the peanutbutter for cashew or almond butter, or even Nutella, but that's not advisable because of self-control difficulties. :wink: ) sometimes I also swop it for flavoured low fat cream cheese, or cottage cheese.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    90% of the time it is
    1 egg, 1 egg white, 1 slice of rye bread, and two slices of turkey ham..and coffee.

Good macro fit, and filling.
  • TCO76
    TCO76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    1 cup of egg whites with onion, red bell pepper, and 2 slices of pan fried bacon chopped up in there. Glaze with tapatio.

Burp
  • louiebat
    louiebat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When Im in a rush i just have toast with a little peanut butter and jelly before i go out for a morning walk.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love PB&J for breakfast!

I don't eat cold cereal too often because I don't find it filling, but when I do, I eat spoon sized shredded wheat with milk and fruit.

The shredded wheat is very filling, keeps me satisfied til lunch. And it really keeps things moving smoothly, if you know what I mean. ;)
  • suefairy123
    suefairy123 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wow..I actually have my diary infront of me writing down all your suggestions.. thank you
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I love eggs, but I used to eat too many. Now, if I want a super filling breakfast that lasts me all morning, I will have one scrambled egg with 1 or 2 eggs whites. The calories are much less than three whole eggs so that leaves me room for a low carb wrap, a thin slice of cheese and 1 or 2 slices of precooked bacon. Totally delicious, super filling, portable and easy!
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Mmm I can't wait for breakfast!!!!!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I woke up late so I just finished my breakfast. ...small red potato loaded with a microwave omelet that had 1/2 Oz cheddar, 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites and crimini mushrooms. ..sauced it with 50g plain yogurt mixed with 14g chipotle in adobo.

Also had a trader joes chicken jalapeño sausage on the side. I eat a bigger breakfast and try to get a good protein number to start my day. :D