How often do you weigh?

Options
I weigh myself almost every day, but only record my weight on MFP once a week. I was pleasantly surprised this morning to be 2lb lighter than my last recorded weigh-in just 2 days ago! Hope I'm still the same when it comes to logging it this Friday as this would be my best ever loss.

Replies

• MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday. I log my friday morning weigh in. Thinking about making a graph of my daily weigh ins for fun.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. I used to weigh every day but that just messed with my psyche too much.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Try to about once a week.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week and record that number. I take measurements and a picture once a month. It is enough information for me.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Usually daily now to better see the fluctuations. The last few days my weight hasn't changed much despite eatingn 100 calories fewer than I was, but I'm guessing there is water retention (especially since I've been way more sore the last week with DOMS).

Weekly logged weight on MFP.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Weigh daily, log every week or two.
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and my weight is logged automatically.
  • punkuate
    punkuate Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Weigh daily, log on the libra app and onlu update my fitness pal on a Sunday.
  • PharmGirl522
    PharmGirl522 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. I used to weigh every day but it was not healthy for me; the number on the scale began to dictate the kind of mood I would be in. Weighing once a week is plenty for me.
  • Sophsmother
    Sophsmother Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Once a week at my dietician's office. I may jump on the scale at home before that if I feel bloated or like I may have put on weight. But I only log it once a week.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day. I track my fluctuations on my own spread sheet. I usually only log my losses on MFP so I can see a constant downward trend. However recently I tracked a gain because I needed to recommit myself to MFP and get back on track.
    Recommitting worked to re-motivate me.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and log it on the Hapoy scale app. I log on MFP once a week. I like seeing the fluctuations in reference to workouts, what I eat and TOM. By doing this I know when I ovulate I gain 2 pounds for two days and I gain 7 pounds the day before my period (and it takes 5 days for that to drop off). By knowing this I also know which days my weekly weigh ins are going to be off due to fluctuations and the numbers don't get me down if my weekly isn't what I expected it to be.
  • amdied47
    amdied47 Posts: 10
    Options
    Once a week. My dietician doesn't want me to weigh every day. I measure every 4 weeks.
  • richcres
    richcres Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every day, but only record my weight on MFP once a week.

Same here, I do the daily weighing only to make sure something isn't going wrong. I'd rather fix a negative issue after a day instead of after a week. I log my weight the same day once a week and that is what I gauge my progress against.
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but log my weight every friday, fluctuations don't worry me as I am learning to see what affects my weight. Once I've worked out what affects me and why then I guess I'll start weighing myself less.
  • bfrance
    bfrance Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Only when I feel like I've lost weight.
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and input every weight into the MyWeight app (love it!). And i log losses whenever they occur on mfp. I love seeing the fluctuations daily and the little graph myweight app gives me. On weeks im feeling down about not losing, i can look at that graph and see that it is a downward trend. Ups and downs are normal and i don't overreact too them. Although i cant lie. If im not losing or if its staying up for awhile, it is discouraging. But i dont let it ruin my day, and looking at that graph, i can see that its happened before and i survived. Usually a period of no changes is followed by a drastic loss. And that feeling is amazing!
    If i weighed only weekly, id worry that id miss my bigger drops, if that one day happened to be a heavier day.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Weigh every morning, log weight every Friday. I measure my waist and hips once per month.
  • samanthalynn84
    Options
    I officially weigh and log one day a week (Tuesdays). Sometimes I will step on the scale another day but I don't log it.
  • aemw93
    aemw93 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I will usually step on the scales when I feel like I've lost weight but try to do it once a week regardless :)