FITBIT what counters do you have??? what do u think of SURGE!??

2»

Replies

• Lacipeanut
    Lacipeanut Posts: 28 Member
    Misfit shine. Tracked my swimming and cycling without any problems. Water proof and I put it in my bra most of the time. Works well. Like it better than Fitbit, pivotal living, lifetrak, omron, and a few others.
  • 32sami
    32sami Posts: 380 Member
    I have a charge
  • snowy0wl
    snowy0wl Posts: 179 Member
    I recently acquired an amiigo. I'm a avid tester of activity trackers and in the last 75 days I've lost 14lbs with the aid of MFP and my trackers. Feel free to ask any questions.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    nutty192 wrote: »
    I am thinking about the misfit, because it is the only one suitable for swimming. Anyone know ifit works and is useful?

You can swim with the polar loop. It is water proof up to 20 meters. And you can sync it with a polar f7 or h7 chest hrm.
  • weatherlover1
    weatherlover1 Posts: 17 Member
    I have the polar m400 and like it a lot. I have been swimming with it and it's waterproof. It counts things as active minutes it's a little different than how the Fitbit works, but it still counts steps as well. I do miss the fact that polar does not integrate with a lot of 3rd party apps, but the tracker is great very comfortable and good battery life. It does not have the heart rate monitor on the watch but a separate one you wear on your chest which I think works well. For swimming and cycling the v800 I believe does a better job but for me the m400 is perfect.
  • snowy0wl
    snowy0wl Posts: 179 Member
    I can echo what I've heard about the surge, and say it has it's place and works decently. It has limitations so don't swim with it. The screen is outdated, the smart display is a nice plus. The display doesn't suit everyone (it's quite large). The GPS works well and the wrist base pulse is a bonus. I personally I feel it's a cheaper alternative to the higher end polar and garmin products but it uses the 'older' waist straps that have traditionally being used. IT should be said that if you like social competition the fitbit environment is very nice for that. I find fitbit too simple for my tastes but I'm a data junkie.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    snowy0wl wrote: »
    I recently acquired an amiigo. ]I'm a avid tester of activity trackers [/b]and in the last 75 days I've lost 14lbs with the aid of MFP and my trackers. Feel free to ask any questions.

what do you think of the fitbit zip @snowy0wl ? All I'm after is steps taken and calories burned.
    I've had the zip for 2ish weeks . It's the first tracker I've ever used, so have got nothing to compare it to
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    I just order SURGE!! i cant wait to try it!! I hope i like it..
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Thanks so much!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Hi all i dont have Fitbit counter but i want one soon. I was thinking Surge!! what do you think?? which fB counters are the best out there?

You can learn more in the Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

I lost the weight & have maintained for ten months thanks to MFP + Fitbit. Which model you choose is entirely a matter of personal preference. They all calculate your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure, aka your maintenance calories), and they all sync with MFP. Some track your sleep. Some have a heart rate monitor. I could never get one that clips to your clothes—I just know I'd forget to wear it and/or put it in the laundry. But some people can't wear a wristband at work.

There's a comparison chart at http://www.fitbit.com/compare#. Choose the Fitbit that fits your needs & budget, keep the receipt, and return it if you don't like it.