Replies

• Newhannahrain
    Newhannahrain Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep it up! :)
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Well done. I'm sorry you had to struggle with something like this while being young and impressionable, but am proud that you are such an amazingly strong individual to work to get healthy. Good for you! You look awesome and so very happy. :smiley:
  • BlazingBella
    BlazingBella Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Man, you're awesome. I'm so glad that you chose to share this. It's such a brave and courageous thing to fight such a beast, but to be willing to be vulnerable enough to share your story is even more incredible. I was with my best friend as she went through this battle, and it breaks my heart that it is so much tougher as a man. There's so much misunderstanding with this disorder, and I am so proud of you for speaking out and helping people understand. Incredible job, friend. Keep climbing mountains and tearing down walls.
  • vvallentyne
    vvallentyne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic!
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic !and handsome and happy !thanks for sharing your story...well done keep up your good work your doing great
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Dude, you look great and this definitely took some courage to post. Kudos to you and keep up the good work.
  • BackbeattheFire
    BackbeattheFire Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You're such a strong person! I'm glad you were able to find that strength and come out on the other side healthy. You look amazing be proud of yourself <3.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    You are doing really well. And you should be proud that you got through it on your own (not to say that those who seek professional help should not be proud). Keep the healthy attitude about yourself and your body. You've got this.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I should also add that it's a great thing for you to tell your story and to continue to tell your story, because anorexia can strike males too as you are proof of that. Females often are more likely to suffer from it, but guys can have it too of course. People also don't realize how incredibly deadly eating disorders are. As many as 10-15% of people diagnosed die from them. They are deadly and should be taken extremely seriously, so those who joke about it and call people anorexic because they are thin should stop doing that.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I will say that when I first clicked to read the post, I thought it was going to be a story about a young woman in her late teens or 20's but I was amazed that it was a young mans story. Totally incredible story and very brave and this shows total confidence in your self.. and being a young man who has been through this secretly, telling the world with your openness is more than awesome.

WAY TO GO and keep up the good work. Your story will and has already helped someone else I promise....
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I bet your parents are really proud of you

:like:
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that you shared. I'm very impressed that you were able to recognize unhealthiness in yourself and make a positive change. I hope you are able to continue working on keeping your mind and body healthy.
  • time4kim2014
    time4kim2014 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story, I hope you continue to fight for your health and stay strong, healthy and happy.
  • Buffalo_19
    Buffalo_19 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • LaPeshaa
    LaPeshaa Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    This is an amazing story. You look great and thanks for sharing!
  • CW101
    CW101 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. You've done an amazing job and it's great to see you looking so happy and healthy now!
  • Megoondas
    Megoondas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You deserve a standing ovation. Thank you for sharing your story! Keep on the path to healthful behaviors :)
  • kennaj0912
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that's really awesome and congrats on overcoming a trial you look so happy
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    this is so inspiring. you just look so happy.
  • JediMaster_intraining
    JediMaster_intraining Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    awesome victory! :) inspiring indeed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!