Called a DILF!!!

Options

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Lol. Good work on your loss and progress.

The bagger at the grocery store yesterday called me "miss" instead of "ma'am" and I gave myself a mental high five. I'm under no impression that he thought I was young enough to default to "miss" status but it was nice to hear anyway. There's nothing wrong with enjoying a compliment (or "compliment".)
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    OP keep it in your pants, it's hard to maintain a diet in the slammer.
  • curt40
    curt40 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Its an expression, its not about actually F'ing.

Relax.
  • curt40
    Options

You got that right. Apparently with the weight loss, Id be too hot make it in prison! :wink:

• almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Good grief.

I think we should just let the OP be happy with his compliment :) I'm 20 and I don't think it's that weird. Like whatever floats people's boats.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    curt40 wrote: »

You got that right. Apparently with the weight loss, Id be too hot make it in prison! :wink:
    Hahahaha. Glad you have a sense of humor with this thread. Congrats on your progress so far.
  • curt40
    Options
    Thanks! Life is too short to see the glass half empty day after day.
  • curt40
    Options
    Good grief.

I think we should just let the OP be happy with his compliment :) I'm 20 and I don't think it's that weird. Like whatever floats people's boats.

Thanks!!!

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Travis_2 wrote: »
    OP this is probably not the best way to express your success....

it comes off a little strange....

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be called a DILF.
    But denying that you want to be an actual DILF.

I mean. It's not about the F.

if its not about the F then why use the world "DILF"

could of just said my daughters friend said I look good because I have been losing weight...

just a strange way to put it, IMO

Well, it sounds like the girl used that word and OP was just quoting her, and was maybe just flattered.

Yes, it says more about the girl. Classy acronym to use in the guy's own house right in front of his daughter.

Lol, well, also, sometimes people use acronyms without really thinking about what they mean. Like MILF gets used a lot and it's a little softer than the whole phrase spelled out.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

could of just said my daughters friend said I look good because I have been losing weight...

Well, it sounds like the girl used that word and OP was just quoting her, and was maybe just flattered.

Yes, it says more about the girl. Classy acronym to use in the guy's own house right in front of his daughter.

Lol, well, also, sometimes people use acronyms without really thinking about what they mean. Like MILF gets used a lot and it's a little softer than the whole phrase spelled out.

This. And also, friends say stuff to each other that they wouldn't say to other people. NBD to me.

And why wouldn't it be a success? It's nice to feel like you are looking good, especially if it's been awhile since anybody has said that about you.

• curt40
    Options

jemhh wrote: »

This. And also, friends say stuff to each other that they wouldn't say to other people. NBD to me.

And why wouldn't it be a success? It's nice to feel like you are looking good, especially if it's been awhile since anybody has said that about you.

Exactly, its an expression, and was meant as a compliment without ANY thought to the F.

Sheesh, how do people go through life with ZERO sense of humor?
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I think the point we are missing here is a conversation between a man and his daughter's 20 year old friend.

EDTA : In a man's house in front of his daughter. The whole dynamics would further change if person is married or in a steady relationship that this friend knows about. I so apologize for this question. I just cannot fathom the idea of it being a success. But please again this is just me.
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it was a lighthearted compliment as "DILF" and "MILF" have become synonymous with finding an older person attractive.
  • curt40
    Options
    There was no "conversation" It was a comment, nothing more. There will be no F'ing of any kind in any way.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »

I think the point we are missing here is a conversation between a man and his daughter's 20 year old friend.

For some reason I thought that the daughter had just passed along the comment. Either way, though, still doesn't bother me. I might feel differently if he had said "she called me a DILF so I asked her out and we are meeting for drinks this Friday and after that..." But he didn't.

Same. Doesn't sound like OP is exactly Joey Buttafuoco.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

nods.

Also interesting thumbnail picture- that exact picture is hanging up in a building I visit quiescently.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'd also like to go back and say- if this was a 16 year old boy- talking about 30-40 year old woman- no one would be surprised a boy would say that. She probably wouldn't overtly say something about being proud of it- but no one would be shocked if a boy of that age said oh yeah check out that MILF.
  • curt40
    Options

For some reason I thought that the daughter had just passed along the comment. Either way, though, still doesn't bother me. I might feel differently if he had said "she called me a DILF so I asked her out and we are meeting for drinks this Friday and after that..." But he didn't.

Same. Doesn't sound like OP is exactly Joey Buttafuoco.

Haha thanks!! Dont worry I threw out my zumba pants weeks ago! :wink:

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to agree with those who say that the situation was probably innocent enough but the report of said comment or complement was the issue. I don't think we would be having this conversation right now if you just said that your daughter's friend thought you looked good for an older man.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options

EDTA : In a man's house in front of his daughter. The whole dynamics would further change if person is married or in a steady relationship that this friend knows about. I so apologize for this question. I just cannot fathom the idea of it being a success. But please again this is just me.
    I see nothing wrong with it. A young woman...and a 20 year old IS a woman, that she is his daughter's friend is irrelevant, every woman is someone's daughter after all....expressed to a man who had lost weight that he is looking good.

OF COURSE, he is happy about that. Anybody would be. Is a compliment not a compliment regardless of who it comes from? Even when men I have absolutely no interest in compliment me, I am always at least flattered...even if they say it in not the smoothest most PC way. We all like to look good and be thought of as attractive...nothing wrong with that.

She used the phrase, not him. And frankly, terms like that are frequently casually used just to express that an older person (compared to the person using the phrase) is attractive.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!