Craving Sweets......Help

124»

Replies

• TwistedLeopard
    TwistedLeopard Posts: 11 Member
    Skinny Cow Frozen Greek Yogurt Bars; Cherry Cheesecake and Salted Caramel are SOO yummy!
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,862 Member
    I get an Angel Food cake from the grocery store deli and have a small slice as a snack at night. That takes care of my sweet craving.
  • Oddly enough, what satisfies me is a small bowl of cereal with a little milk, not sure why it works, but it does for me. If I cave and have something like candy, I totally binge
  • dogbydog123
    dogbydog123 Posts: 30 Member
    A bit of dark chocolate, a tablespoon of peanut butter or a prptein shake.

OR I make Aztec hot chocolate: 1 T cocoa powder, 2 pkgs stevia, a few dashes of cayene pepper and boiling water to fill the mug. 5 calories. It's my survival food when I feel the urge to illegally snack.
  • sandrasnell1966
    sandrasnell1966 Posts: 1 Member
    "Oh Yea!" protein bar, the Chocolate and Caramel one tastes exactly like a Baby Ruth! There is another one that is similar to a payday. The best part, is it doesn't taste like a protein bar...it actually tastes like a candy bar! sweet cravings fulfilled!
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    ctrolley wrote: »
    Oddly enough, what satisfies me is a small bowl of cereal with a little milk, not sure why it works, but it does for me. If I cave and have something like candy, I totally binge

Omg, I know! Cereal is like ambrosia lately - when I have it for breakfast its just kinda Meh but when I have the exact same cereal for dessert its like the most amazing thing ever! (I'm eating a bowl right now lol)
  • sandralang12327
    sandralang12327 Posts: 12 Member
    chocolate oatmeal..... mix in 2 tsp hershey cocoa and either 1 tsp sugar or sweetner. Yummy.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,839 Member
    Frozen fruit. I am often sated by a smoothie made with a banana, 1 cup unsweetened soy milk, and some cinnamon.

Also, I need to avoid artificial sweeteners because they made me crave more sweets. This is true of some of us but not others. I'm much more in control of my sweets cravings since I quit all artificial or calorie-free natural sweeteners.