Options

Replies

• MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • kmatschke
    Options
    I did Dr. Oz 3 day cleanse, no significant weight loss but it helped me quit smoking! So I agree with the toxins cleanse and I felt more energized. Great way to start a diet.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    kmatschke wrote: »
    I did Dr. Oz 3 day cleanse, no significant weight loss but it helped me quit smoking! So I agree with the toxins cleanse and I felt more energized. Great way to start a diet.

People will never learn.

Oh well.

Day 1 of the Peeps Cleanse! Who's with me? I need support and motivation to help me rid my body of all these toxinz!
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

People will never learn.

Oh well.

Day 1 of the Peeps Cleanse! Who's with me? I need support and motivation to help me rid my body of all these toxinz!

You cannot start yet. I haven't received payment in any form. I put the (TM) out there, so y'all can't just go peep cleansing without sending me a check.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    When you juice you lose the fiber from the veggies/fruits, fiber is not only great for you digestive track but is also what helps you stay fuller longer and helps curb hunger. I would suggest doing smoothies instead. I find green grapes and pineapple as great at masking the taste. I make smoothies every morning. In fact when you chew food you absorb around 15-25% of the nutrients but when you make blended smoothies you absorb up to 95% of the nutrients. But if you are not getting enough fruit and veggie servings per day then juicing would be a good place to start.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

People will never learn.

Oh well.

You cannot start yet. I haven't received payment in any form. I put the (TM) out there, so y'all can't just go peep cleansing without sending me a check.

I'm doing a modified Peeps Cleanse. I'm replacing two of my meals with Peeps and then a balanced dinner of Cadbury Eggs and Nutella.

Someone blogged that the original Peeps cleanse was a scam and that they had figured out how to do it without spending a fortune on the original Master Peeps Cleanse (TM).

I did my research!
  • gaurdgoose
    gaurdgoose Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I prefer green smoothies veggies and berries mixed together with all the fiber
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I like making a juice of mostly vegetables in the afternoon as a pick me up instead of turning to coffee. But I could never drink one as a meal replacement - I'd be too hungry. But that's just me.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

People will never learn.

Oh well.

I'm doing a modified Peeps Cleanse. I'm replacing two of my meals with Peeps and then a balanced dinner of Cadbury Eggs and Nutella.

Someone blogged that the original Peeps cleanse was a scam and that they had figured out how to do it without spending a fortune on the original Master Peeps Cleanse (TM).

I did my research!

hlkng.gif
  • almondbutterbay
    almondbutterbay Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I juice but I don't do it for meals. I just like drinking one or two 10 oz of green juice a day because it helps my skin problems
  • teenytinii
    teenytinii Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Juicing changed my life.. I watched Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead, bought a juicer and juiced for a long time. It gave me the "reset" I need physically and MENTALLY, since then (over two years), I have changed my emotional relationship with food, I no longer eat meat and dairy (for a number of reasons both health and ethical) and I have learned to be mindful of what I put in my body as far as the quality of food. Juicing can be great, it's definitely not going to hurt but it's not a quick magical fix. I feel that if you drink your veggies that's a heck of a lot better than not getting any at all, which was very much the case for me. Good Luck :)
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options

People will never learn.

Oh well.

I did my research!

hlkng.gif

He had the "Green Peeps" Cleanse
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Is the Fat Sick Nearly Dead commercial on the bingo card? I thought it used to be but can't seem to find it.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I think supplementing your diet is probably a better idea than the "reboot" or "cleanse" or whatever that people are doing. Sustainability really hinges on what you put in the juice though. My first batch was really good - apples, blueberries, mustard greens, spinach, asparagus and carrots. I drank it everyday and loved it. I struggle to get enough veggies otherwise so it works for me. However, my last batch was not so good and I struggle to make myself drink it. (too much celery, I hate the taste of celery). So, I'd say make sure you like the taste or you won't do it... but I felt great and I loved the idea that I was finally getting all my vitamins without snacking on veggies all day. As for the pulp, I formulated a "veggie protein brownie" that I used the veggie pulp in and eat for breakfast and it keeps me full all morning :smile:
  • robinxhope
    robinxhope Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Juicing vegetables is a great way to pack nutrients into a normal portioned diet. People are in general malnourished for many many reasons. Fiber is good but only to an extent. Too much can be irritating to your GI tract and Ileocecal valve. Be careful with fruits and some veggies and juicing as they are packed with sugar (although not refined can still cause a spike in your blood stream despite being slower released. Your body still has to process it. See glycemic index. Too much sugar is not good for you). Whether or not your body is able to absorb the nutrients is another story. Why not give it the chance though? There are *so* many benefits to being better nourished such as healthier skin, potentially increased immunity, feeling less hungry in general, and increased energy.
  • lauries8888
    lauries8888 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm too lazy to "dejuice" vegs and I am allergic to most fruits so I have replaced my lunch at work with a large low sodium V-8 and a couple of cheese sticks. I add a few pretzels throughout the day if I start feeling drained. The bonus is that, because I can drink/eat this at my desk (only drinks and finger-food allowed at desks here), I can walk for half an hour on my lunch break now.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I like to chew my food.

I always wondered what our teeth were for. ;)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    I like to chew my food.

Mastication is always fun, specifically with others.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Serah87 wrote: »
    I like to chew my food.

Mastication is always fun, specifically with others.

Just try not to masticate too loudly. That ish is gross, and you should be ashamed.