Over 40 crowd

Options

Replies

• jasonbunya
    jasonbunya Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Could use a friend/ looking to be supportive for others as well as perhaps have others be supportive of my endeavor to get fit, and achieve a better me...

No Regrets No Apologies!
  • Laharv3
    Laharv3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm over 40(49) and I have 8 more pounds to lose to reach my goal of 63lbs. :)
  • keef1972
    keef1972 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Over 40, and always game for new friends.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    45 at the beginning of March. Started again here in January just because I needed to hold myself accountable for what I was eating and tired of being fat. Still have a long way to go, so here we all go!!
  • nicolekstrand
    nicolekstrand Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 last year and that was tough for me. I felt like my life had slipped past me somehow. My kids are all almost teenagers. My youngest turns 12 in a couple of weeks and my oldest is graduating next year. I would like to be more fit and healthy not to look a certain way but just to be more healthy and have a better quality of life. I will probably have grandchildren in the next 5-10 years and I want to enjoy them. Looking to lose about 60 lbs before I turn 45.
  • modmom1
    modmom1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    45 in April and have struggled with being some degree of overweight nearly all my life (from pudgy to 60lbs overweight). Started clean eating 3 years ago and saw great results but I'm trying to lose the 10lbs of jiggle and fluff that came back on when I stopped logging and lifting for the past year (damn those salty, crunchy snacks!). Love yoga too. Will gladly give and receive support
  • muatham
    muatham Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 40. Over the last 18 months I have lost 18 kgs and gained 13 of them back again. I was eating right and training dilligently for about 10 months and then just lost motivation. The training went from 10 hours a week to 3 hours. And I stopped eating healthy completely. Now I am trying so hard to get back into it. To be that motivated and disciplined person I was for those 10 months. Then I started a few days ago eating healthy and training twice a day again. I want to look and feel good about myself again and I do not want the Hbp to resurface. Please I need help staying motivated.
  • Gzuschick
    Gzuschick Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Btbeam wrote: »
    Welcome! I have lost 121 lbs with 129 to go feel free to add me for additional support. Good Luck with your journey

Holy Weight Loss Batman!!!! Inspirational!!!
  • kareneastwood865
    kareneastwood865 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm 49. Love the support I've gained here. It has kept me on track and motivates me to do even more!
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I lost 108 pounds with PCOS at age 45! I am proof it can be done after 40! :)
  • Gzuschick
    Gzuschick Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Cindyangotti...what is PCOS?
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    lost 40 lbs in my 40s. Add me, always wanting more friends my age with similar lifestyle and time commitments.
  • thismamarox
    thismamarox Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    43 here. Lost 25 pounds, need to lose 30 more. I am always down for new friends :)
  • shawna357
    shawna357 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 last year and that was tough for me. I felt like my life had slipped past me somehow. My kids are all almost teenagers. My youngest turns 12 in a couple of weeks and my oldest is graduating next year. I would like to be more fit and healthy not to look a certain way but just to be more healthy and have a better quality of life. I will probably have grandchildren in the next 5-10 years and I want to enjoy them. Looking to lose about 60 lbs before I turn 45.

I turned forty this Feb and started reflecting over my life of what I haven't accomplished. Usually age does not matter to me but 40 hit me hard. lol I have four children and my youngest turns 15 in Oct. My two oldest (24 in June, and 21 in April) are married and my soon to be 24 year old has already made me a grandma. I was a little disappointed that he didn't wait until I was 40 but they are a blessing. My third child graduates next year, so pretty soon it will just be me, my husband, and my youngest who will only have four years left. Time goes by so fast and I just hate that I have wasted some much of it. Good luck on your journey. I am hoping to lose 50 lbs by Nov of this year. Lord willing. : )

• shawna357
    shawna357 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 in Feb and am looking for friends who will support, encourage, and hold me accountable. I believe if I am held accountable I will push myself that much harder. Good luck with everyone's journey and God Bless.
  • Looby47
    Looby47 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 48, have lost 1st 10 and want to lose another 2st 8lbs. Have totally changed my lifestyle and finally got addicted to exercise (but easily distracted by minor set backs such as having a cold or sprained ankle). Been seeing a PT at the gym which has totally increased my confidence.

Feeling very positive still and just looking for a few new friends to exchange ideas/encouragement/congratulations as some of my longer term ones on MFP seem to have dwindled.

I don't like going on the forums as don't like the mindless negative or flippant comments that an be annoying or upsetting.

Please post a few lines about yourself if you send a friend request. You can see my profile I think. Look forward to hearing your story !!!

Looby
  • bignyash
    bignyash Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Gzuschick wrote: »

Cindyangotti...what is PCOS?

Hey I have PCOS too and am struggling!!! Can I ask what kind of diet plan/exercise regime you followed?
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I will be 48 in a couple of months. Lost 118lbs six years ago and now maintaining and trying to improve fitness. Please feel free to add me, I log everyday. Good luck Jules xx
  • davidcliff
    davidcliff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Turned 40 last year and am really working it this time to get to 165. I'm coming out of retirement and will be starting in a Masters Swim program in April. The more I can drop before then the better. Fell free to add me.
  • wysie218
    wysie218 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I'm 42, recently lost nearly 70 pounds, and looking to lose 50 more. Please feel free to add me. Looking for friends and support in this journey. God bless!