What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    We have a new health and wellness program being promoted at work, and they were looking for people to talk about their personal life in health and how it's made an impact in their life. They wanted to pick people as leaders to help kickstart the workplace. I applied thinking I'd be rejected due to well..not exactly looking athletic. To my pleasant surprise, I just got an email that I was picked! :D:D
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    As of today I've been with MFP for one year! I haven't always logged food everyday but I have logged in.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I have two today!

My dog (a wolfhound) wears out on our walks now quicker than I do. He now needs to take a break about half way through! Poor old man doesn't know what's going on with all these walks.

The second was always an embarrassment to me (even if I was the only one who noticed). The ticket gate barriers in Melbourne's train network aren't exactly narrow, but my thighs on both sides would touch the barriers as I walked through them, unless I went through the extra wide disabled barriers. I've noticed now that I can breeze through them without doing a quick sidestep ^_^
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I was way over on calories yesterday (hmmmm pastrami and cabbage and chocolate!). But I killed it strength training today! The extra calories went somewhere useful :)
  • UrnAsh_
    UrnAsh_ Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I went dress shopping over the weekend and over estimated my size. I came home with sun dresses a size smaller.
    It felt great.
  • lieajane
    lieajane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Slightly scale relayed but my BMI is in the healthy range today. Hard to believe eight weeks ago I was closer to obese than healthy. :D
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    despite my 4lb weight gain since last week... ugh! I am pretty happy about my arms filling out.

IMG_3550.JPG
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I just posted this on my profile, but figured I may as well share here too: I've just discovered one of the best feelings, being able to wear an 'over-sized' style top without looking like I'm just trying to 'hide my fat', i.e. it's a floaty top and I still have a visible waist! It's all worth it just for that, haha. I'm not toned at all so I have lots of wobbly bits, naked me is quite scary lol, but in clothes at least I actually have figure definition. Yay!

udq86eodkn4l.jpg
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The weather was nice enough to go hiking on Sunday afternoon. I went to my favorite park and hit the trails marked "challenging" just like I did last year. Last year I struggled on the hills. First time out this year the hills were no problem. I even ran up a couple of them.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    A friend I haven't seen in years met with myself and another friend for a St Pat's meet up.

He was heavier than last I saw him. He was always skinny.

The first words out of his mouth were, "Damn you look good."

My other friend's statement was, "You found the weight he lost."
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I just posted this on my profile, but figured I may as well share here too: I've just discovered one of the best feelings, being able to wear an 'over-sized' style top without looking like I'm just trying to 'hide my fat', i.e. it's a floaty top and I still have a visible waist! It's all worth it just for that, haha. I'm not toned at all so I have lots of wobbly bits, naked me is quite scary lol, but in clothes at least I actually have figure definition. Yay!

udq86eodkn4l.jpg
    You look great!
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Ceci_O_K wrote: »
    You look great!

<3
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Went shopping today because it's fun to do that now. And I bought all Mediums and size 12s! This is a big change from the 2XLs and 18/20s I was buying when I started this process.
  • akoullias
    akoullias Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Not a huge victory but from spring break 2014 to spring break 2015 my bathing suit fits prettyy differently... My love handles are always a trouble spot

st3sislsbzza.jpg
  • tmove2015
    tmove2015 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I bought a nice jacket last summer for my birthday in the fall. I could always toss it on but couldn't zip it up over my belly. So I tried just for laughs to see if it would zip up today, and it DID :smiley:
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    akoullias wrote: »
    Not a huge victory but from spring break 2014 to spring break 2015 my bathing suit fits prettyy differently... My love handles are always a trouble spot

st3sislsbzza.jpg

Impressive difference!!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is an NSV or a scale victory... but my son (oldest child) turns 19 today, and I have finally lost the baby weight!! Only took 18.75 years o:)
  • RobynSeabrook
    RobynSeabrook Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Went on a uni trip to Portugal and every time someone took a photo of/with me I was thinking 'please no', then when the photos went up on facebook I thought 'oh, I actually look much slimmer than I thought I would'.
  • WitchofWashington
    WitchofWashington Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I made it all the way through my yoga even though I fell a couple of times. Also, I did moves that I had way more trouble doing before. :D
  • Esabettie
    Esabettie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    despite my 4lb weight gain since last week... ugh! I am pretty happy about my arms filling out.

IMG_3550.JPG

I would love to have those arms!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!