gyms crowding this time of year?

Options
tomatoey
tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I might have to find a new place. Everyone s thinking about summer abs now :(

Things have been getting really busy this week (huge lineups for things busy)

Replies

• tomatoey
    edited March 2015
    Options
    And they are coming in groups of 3-4, talking on the phone all the time, peeing on the toilet seats, and are generally not cool.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Be nice and help them feel welcomed
  • tomatoey
    Options
    Everything s been great since I started here and now it's full of seat sprinklers
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    uhg! Tell me about it...I am pretty shy...I used to have the whole gym to myself some nights....Now its crazy-crowded...I just bought myself a treadmill and getting a free weights and weight bench pretty soon.
  • SciranBG
    SciranBG Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Crowded gyms are a good thing. Congratulations on those people for trying to better themselves.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    It's like the "second New Year" around this time - more people in the gyms, and I've noticed more people posting about questions about all the fad diets and cleanses. Swimsuit season is right around the corner and everyone panics because they either didn't stick with or never started their resolution back in January. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    A lot of colleges were on spring break this week and last--maybe it's the staycation crowd hitting the gym instead of going somewhere warm?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I noticed there are just enough power lifters in my gym who know that Monday is international bench press day, so the squat racks have been more crowded. Guess I'll just have to plan to wait.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    On the contrary, as the weather warms up, mine seems to get emptier - the cardio-only crowd is starting to run/walk outside again.
  • tomatoey
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I noticed there are just enough power lifters in my gym who know that Monday is international bench press day, so the squat racks have been more crowded. Guess I'll just have to plan to wait.

The waiting added an hour to my workout, I'm going to have to find another time to go. I wonder if they did some kind of promotion.
    jodycoady wrote: »
    uhg! Tell me about it...I am pretty shy...I used to have the whole gym to myself some nights....Now its crazy-crowded...I just bought myself a treadmill and getting a free weights and weight bench pretty soon.

Sounds like a good solution! I need to vary cardio options and can't do bodyweight impact so I'm stuck in a gym. Although I was thinking about maybe picking up some kind of sport.

I'm not particularly shy, but before all these people came there was a culture of "everybody mind their own business and be polite about stuff" (except for a couple of dudes). Now there are great numbers of people being very, very assertive about their right to the fitness room, for example, or the bike. Quite a lot of them are interested in doing circuits. Many of them may be new to circuits by the looks of things. I don't know, I feel like, if you're new to a place, maybe you wait and see how things go before you start stomping around and having meetings on your phone and peeing on seats.
    Be nice and help them feel welcomed

They don't need me to do that, they've made themselves right at home, lol
    SciranBG wrote: »
    Crowded gyms are a good thing. Congratulations on those people for trying to better themselves.

Cui bono, friend, cui bono
  • tomatoey
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    A lot of colleges were on spring break this week and last--maybe it's the staycation crowd hitting the gym instead of going somewhere warm?

Maybe!
  • tomatoey
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    On the contrary, as the weather warms up, mine seems to get emptier - the cardio-only crowd is starting to run/walk outside again.

Jelly
  • sammik307
    sammik307 Posts: 19
    Options
    This is seriously the worst ever.. Im glad people want to better themselves but my Gym consists of people NEVER putting weights away so your spending 10 minutes looking for what you want, people sitting on machines talking on their phones and so much more... Abs arent made in a month people.. Agh rant for the day.. Sorry about that
  • tomatoey
    edited March 2015
    Options
    No no, no apologies needed, lol! It's an adjustment, for sure. lol
  • sammik307
    Options
    Maybe i should go back to the gym and take out some of that rage lol.. Its probably empty now
  • tomatoey
    Options
    I thought about sticking around for another hour too, lol. Yeah I might have to go later :/
  • sammik307
    Options
    Haha i wish that was an option but 5 am comes early
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    sammik307 wrote: »
    This is seriously the worst ever.. Im glad people want to better themselves but my Gym consists of people NEVER putting weights away so your spending 10 minutes looking for what you want, people sitting on machines talking on their phones and so much more... Abs arent made in a month people.. Agh rant for the day.. Sorry about that

rar
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Wait, there's a time of year for people peeing on the toilet seat?!
  • tomatoey
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Wait, there's a time of year for people peeing on the toilet seat?!

i don't know who these heathens are :(:(