Morning Motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    following.

for me, setting an alarm clock far away helps most. i saw one that goes off and has wheels, it literally rolls away and you have to find it to shut it off lol

I've also heard of one that is a puzzle and it explodes when it goes off, and you can't shut if off until you've put it back together.

If either of them were in my home, they would be destroyed after the first use.

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I just started doing this. What worked for me was setting my coffee maker on a timer to brew at 5. Lol.

Yep

Also I get up early every week day, whether I'm going out or not. I think that really helped my body get used to the new schedule. I actually really enjoy getting up early now because now I can have me time before I have to go to work. And I also have time to get some things done like laundry and dishes so I don't have to when I get home at night.

I'm so proud of myself lol
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    following.

for me, setting an alarm clock far away helps most. i saw one that goes off and has wheels, it literally rolls away and you have to find it to shut it off lol

I've also heard of one that is a puzzle and it explodes when it goes off, and you can't shut if off until you've put it back together.

If either of them were in my home, they would be destroyed after the first use.

I down loaded a math one- thinking it was going to be like I dunno- 5-12 or something.

No- that bish was like (5*62/7^2)/42.

like- *kitten*.

It was so bad I had to get my fcking calculator out- and then- even THEN when I got it right- it still wouldn't' shut off- was going for like 2 hours.

that got uninstalled promptly.

I use sleep by droid now- and it has basic math- has a shake one (you shake the phone for a specified time/filling up a % essentially) and has one that's like- pick the one sheep with its' eyes open of the 15 that are sleeping (and they move).

It's not to bad- it's been my favorite thus far.
  • brenstar05
    brenstar05 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! These are good tips and I appreciate the encouragement. I have never been a morning person. When I was in college, if a class was only offered at 8am, I took a different class. I just have never been an up-with-the-sun kind of person. But I've noticed that as my life gets more and more hectic with my chosen career, I have less and less energy to workout in the evening. So, then it turns into another day where I didn't work out at all. I appreciate all the input!!

I took some of the advice and moved my alarm clock to the other side of the room, so I would have to actually get up and out of bed. Unfortunately, I didn't sleep well last night so when the alarm went off this morning, I got up and reset the alarm and went back to bed. But hopefully I can keep working at it and make it more of a habit.

Thanks again!! :smiley::heart:
  • cjenkins91
    cjenkins91 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I pack my bag the night before, put my alarm on the other side of the room on the loudest setting and get right up when it goes off. I also disabled the snooze feature. Once you're out of bed it's way easier to go make coffee and head out the door.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely NOT naturally a morning person.

You have to go to bed early every night and get up early every day. After a couple of days of being exhausted all day, you get tired enough to fall asleep earlier.

The thing that gets me out of bed in the morning is knowing that I would have to do it after work otherwise. I always think about all of the other things I want to do after work and decide I had better get it out of the way.

I'm going to look into those puzzle alarm apps. I bought a Ramos alarm clock through their kickstarter campaign a couple years ago but gave it to my daughter. It has a separate keypad, you have to go to the keypad and enter a numerical code that changes every day in order to get the alarm to shut off.
  • abarriere
    abarriere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I meet with my personal trainer at 5 am twice a week. Having an appointment that I can't miss is the best motivation for me. I also have to be in bed by 8:30, asleep by 9:30 the nights before.
  • sirion2
    sirion2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm another that found I had to give up the dream of working out in the mornings. I always considered myself a morning person and watched my father get up and swim 1 mile each weekday for my entire childhood. I assumed I could do this, too. BUT, I found I could not. Since I have switched to working out after work, I find myself going 4-5 (usually 5) week EVERY week this year so far. Sometimes, morning just isn't best.
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Just do it every day until it's a habit. once it's a habit u don't even think about it. It's like having coffee every morning ....you do it without thought. Same with the workout after coffee.