Insight tips to eat less and eat healthy

Options
as you can see from my diary , I eat like a mouse in the day and a long at night . It's been a habit for the past few months but surprisingly I have been losing lots of weight but I know I am getting really sick inside and I would love to have a insight of your diary to motivate me to have healthier choice of food

Replies

• skinnygeebb
    skinnygeebb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    **king
  • sirion2
    sirion2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You can check my diary out. I have been doing pretty well recently.

This is a journey, not a destination. Can you make a small goal for yourself, like eat 7 servings of fruit or vegetables a day? Or eat 20% of your calorie goal by 1 PM to help you?
  • sirion2
    sirion2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    By the way, your diary is not public, so I couldn't look at your choices. :neutral_face:
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i tried to curtail my night time eating by eating bigger breakfasts and lunches, and having a small dinner. but it didn't work. i like having big meals at night.

i do eat a little less at night, but i still eat large portions. i don't use big plates any more, i use small bowls or dishes for my dinners, to "trick" myself into believing i'm eating more.

i kinda graze all day, just kinda having a snack or a mid sized meal. it works for me.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    as you can see from my diary

No.

We can't.

It's set to Private.

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat, so if you're losing, what's the problem? If it's what you're eating, we can't see your diary as the others have said.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    as you can see from my diary , I eat like a mouse in the day and a long at night . It's been a habit for the past few months but surprisingly I have been losing lots of weight but I know I am getting really sick inside and I would love to have a insight of your diary to motivate me to have healthier choice of food

Why is this a problem? It really doesn't matter when you eat the most calories.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I eat close to 40% of my calories after 5pm. I personally do find benefits in eating a decent breakfast, so I do that. I try to keep my lunches small unless I have a big workout in the evening. I just sit at a desk all day, so I don't have access to eat food outside what I bring. And even if I eat a big lunch, I still want my 600 some calories for dinner.

As long as you are in a calorie deficit you will shed some pounds.

To eat healthy, find the stuff you like and keep plenty of it around. You have to find the motivation in you somewhere to make those choices. Everyone is different.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Choice of foods and meal timing are two entirely different things. Only choice of foods can affect health. Meal timing may affect energy levels and coherence to diet.

If you are losing weight, you shouldn't eat less than you already are.

How do you know you are getting sick inside, and what exactly do you mean by that?

What is your definition of healthy food?

You are free to check out my diary even though I can't see yours. It's mostly in Norwegian, but there is always Google translate.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

but I know I am getting really sick inside

I would agree except for the bolded. OP, what does that mean? Are you truly feeling sick or do you just think you are damaging your body by eating the way you do? If it's the latter, why not explore intermittent fasting?
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    What the hell is wrong with eating at night? Why do so many people seem to fear eating later on in the day when we're basically designed to work during the day and refuel after? Eat whenever you dang well want to eat, whatever works for you. Food doesn't become bad because it's a bit darker outside. And your body doesn't check the time and think "That's it, I'm done burning calories, goodnight." The best thing anyone can do when it comes to improving their lifestyle and how they eat is read up and learn about all the BS involved when it comes to dieting. And then avoid it.
  • skinnygeebb
    edited March 2015
    Options
    sirion2 wrote: »
    You can check my diary out. I have been doing pretty well recently.

This is a journey, not a destination. Can you make a small goal for yourself, like eat 7 servings of fruit or vegetables a day? Or eat 20% of your calorie goal by 1 PM to help you?

Thank you :)
  • skinnygeebb
    Options

No.

We can't.

It's set to Private.

still rather new using this app . Already set it to public .
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I also eat more in the evenings. I think for me I don't like to use my allowance too early in case I get hungry later and have no calories left. That way, if I'm hungry I eat, and if I'm not I can still have a treat and a deficit
  • skinnygeebb
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

I would agree except for the bolded. OP, what does that mean? Are you truly feeling sick or do you just think you are damaging your body by eating the way you do? If it's the latter, why not explore intermittent fasting?

I know it's damaging to my body . I can see signs of it already such as dizziness , not being able to focus , cold , and anorexia thoughts.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

I know it's damaging to my body . I can see signs of it already such as dizziness , not being able to focus , cold , and anorexia thoughts.

Eating at night doesn't cause this...

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

No.

We can't.

It's set to Private.

still rather new using this app . Already set it to public .

as i suspected- lots of quick add calories, and a lot of under eating.

that's what is causing the dizziness, the lack of focus, etc etc
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    If you are prone to being obsessive, concentrate that obsession on hitting your calorie target. Set MFP up correctly with all your stats and it will give you a recommended daily number of calories to consume.

Challenge yourself to get as close to the number as possible. Hopefully that will stop you from under eating. If you don't want to eat a certain volume of food, the challenge is to find calorie dense foods.