Jillian Michael's 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• torifaris
    torifaris Posts: 42
    Options
    I have a huge gap between doing cardio and the shred. I'll do one in the morning and one at night. It's too hard for me to do them back to back!!
  • lynda6184
    lynda6184 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Tried cardio before going straight into the shred today. But think al just stick to doing the cardio at the gym, which is in the evening 2/3 times per week.
    Day 8 level 2 done.
    Come on!!!! :D
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am planning on doing this soon. I need to clear some space in my apartment before I can start. How are you logging it under the exercise?
  • jlbrown1985
    jlbrown1985 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the 30 Day Beginner Shred since 2/27/15. I am now on day 8 of the second round. I actually enjoy working out and look forward to it. I'm disappointed when I don't get my workout squeezed in. I have noticed a difference all over my body. Everything feels more firm. The biggest changes that I have noticed are in my shoulders and back. I really want defined abs but know that that is my hardest area to tone. I'm getting there though. I have the 30 Day Shred and also 6 Week 6 Pack. Not sure which one to do next. Any suggestions?
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the 30 Day Beginner Shred since 2/27/15. I am now on day 8 of the second round. I actually enjoy working out and look forward to it. I'm disappointed when I don't get my workout squeezed in. I have noticed a difference all over my body. Everything feels more firm. The biggest changes that I have noticed are in my shoulders and back. I really want defined abs but know that that is my hardest area to tone. I'm getting there though. I have the 30 Day Shred and also 6 Week 6 Pack. Not sure which one to do next. Any suggestions?

Thats great news!! I am on Day 1 of level 2, although I did level 2 a couple of times during my first 10 days. (I was getting a bit bored) Glad to hear you are noticing results even at the beginning shred-which is what I am doing as well. I wonder how different the non-beginner shred is? Hmmm.. Let me know what you think when you get to it :)
  • torifaris
    Options
    I've been doing the mon beginner shred... I can no longer do it due to my knee. It hurts to walk. I'm going to focus my energy on lower impact workouts. Such a bummer! I was on level 3 day 5.... But I can hardly walk!!!
  • taraphannaford
    taraphannaford Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 5 of level one. It's starting to get easier, but I'm still so happy when it's over. Lol!
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You do the same workout everyday for 10 days until you reach the next level right? So in other words, there's really only 3 different workout videos, correct?
  • jadior
    Options
    Yes, that's it exactly.
  • jadior
    Options
    did level 1, day 1 today :)
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels is an evil witch.

I did Level 1, Day 1 on Tuesday (for the first time since 2012) and I still can't walk right!

Life got in the way last night, but I'm planning to do D2 tonight. Shoot me.
  • jadior
    Options
    Not sure how to delete a post, but I did Level 2, day 1 today. Level 1 is behind me, Thank goodness :wink:
  • hlhutch91
    hlhutch91 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Day 1 level 1 completed!!!! I'm so proud of myself. I'm going to stick with this to see if it works!
  • fionalew
    fionalew Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hlhutch91 wrote: »
    Day 1 level 1 completed!!!! I'm so proud of myself. I'm going to stick with this to see if it works!

You must!! I did level 1 for 9 days and lost one inch from my hips - had 5 days away and came back to it - didn't feel so sore and even upping the stakes and following Natalie on a couple of the manovres!!
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I just did Level 1, Day 1 the night before last. I had completed all three levels of the beginner shred first, and I will say that was a great build-up to the "real" 30DS. It's a lot of the same exercises, just with a higher frequency/more back-to-back. It was a challenge for me, but it was MUCH better than when I tried doing 30DS cold turkey a couple of years ago. If you're nervous about trying it, I'd definitely recommend starting with the Beginner!
  • jadior
    Options
    I did Level 1 Day 17/30. Today is my second day using the 5 lb hand weights. I used 3 lb hand weights the first 15 days. I also modified the push-ups by doing hand release push-ups instead. I'm now able to do 7 hand released push-ups! :smile:

Keep up the good work! Its amazing how we are building up our strength!
  • lynda6184
    lynda6184 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Level 2 finished. Hope level 3 is better which al be starting on Monday.
    Keep going everyone.
  • torifaris
    Options
    Level 3 is way better than 2! Congrats ladies!! Keep it up
  • jadior
    Options
    I'm thinking I'll add cardio today, but wondering if I should do cardio first or this first? My legs were jelly last time I tried this, and I did the dvd first. Any thoughts?
  • torifaris
    Options
    I always did cardio first. But I spread them out due to the shreds intensity