Iam sick of living

Options

Replies

• gatoklar
    gatoklar Posts: 3
    Options
    All the advice that has been posted comes from the heart of people that have also been challenged, and "yes" it is an old cliche "better said than done" but they are right! I just started on my journey recently (notice I call it a journey)... and it is challenging at times...

But your goal is your goal, whether it's to be healthy, or pain free from body aches that comes from being overweight or from depression, know that you have good-encouraging support from others that are traveling on that same road your on...
    just look to the right or the left and you will see us there... so stay encouraged!
    listen to up lifting music!

I constantly find myself praying and asking God for his strength during my personal letdowns.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Someone who writes a post captioned "I am sick of living" either needs urgent psychiatric care or is a drama queen. In either case, pep talks aren't the answer.
  • MynameisJerryB
    MynameisJerryB Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Someone who writes a post captioned "I am sick of living" either needs urgent psychiatric care or is a drama queen. In either case, pep talks aren't the answer.

That's a pretty heartless response (I won't say what I'm really thinking because I don't think you could handle it) Maybe she is just looking for support and encouragement.

• techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options

That's a pretty heartless response (I won't say what I'm really thinking because I don't think you could handle it) Maybe she is just looking for support and encouragement.

Yeah, already flagged.
  • MynameisJerryB
    Options
    Thanks for having my back Techgal :D
  • dreamsless90
    dreamsless90 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Iam getting so much support from all of u. All of u made my day. I just randomly dwnlded this app, without knowing whats in it.
    Thanks all of u.. Now whenever i feel low.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options

Neither is making irresponsible assumptions about people you don't know.

Dreamsless90 ... make small, attainable goals in all areas of your life, work hard for them, and then *reach* them - and be proud of yourself for what you accomplish. As you get stronger, you will strengthen others, and they'll be so grateful for YOU. xo
  • dreamsless90
    Options
    Iam in love being queen bee but not drama queen.
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Iam in love being queen bee but not drama queen.

Buahaha. I like you. :smiley:
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I've been there. Things spiral out of control and it feels like you're swirling down the toilet of life. We'll take a step back, organize and make achievable goals. You can do this, you will do this. I look at this one day at a time and try to make little changes. And most of the above...excellent advice. Best of luck to you!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Just do it! Think of counting calories as a temporary fix until you get to your goal, then you can do maintenance, yay! As long as you keep your calories in check and exercise just a little, it will happen. Slowly, maybe, but it WILL happen. Just today someone (after losing nearly 20 pounds) asked me if I was losing weight. Wow, was I thrilled! It takes about 20 to 25 pounds to notice a difference, and this usually takes three or four months. But when compared to how long it took you to gain it? It's a snap!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Many of us feel that way starting out but even if you keep taking baby steps forward you WILL get there. Read other's success stories and you will see that they have been where you are or much worse and yet they got it together and that helps you see you will too. It won't happen tomorrow, or next week but it will happen.
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    @Dreamless90 -- Hang in there! It's said that the journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step. You didn't get to where you are overnight, the solution won't be an overnight fix either, but YOU CAN DO IT! Take small steps and soon you'll look back and see progress.
  • maggiebrost
    maggiebrost Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How's this for reverse psychology. I also just started a week ago, and have gained 2 pounds! But I'll get the hang of it. I love this app. So far every single thing I've barcoded is in the app. Way better than weight watchers.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Oh honey, please don't say you are sick of living. Life is a precious gift! A gift many take for granted. You are so young and have a full life ahead of you.

I'll be honest with you… weight loss is hard. It is physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausting. Take it one step at a time. Don't try to do too much at once or you will get overwhelmed. The key is slow and steady. Keep at it and you will reach your goals.

I recommend:
    • Logging your food on MFP honestly and consistently. Consistency is key
    • Purchasing a food scale if you don't have one already. Measuring cups/spoons aren't accurate, except for liquids.
    • Setting a reasonable and realistic calorie goal.
    • Getting some form of physical activity each day… even if it is just 15 minutes! Whenever I workout, I always feel better.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I have just joined MFP.its like i need motivation every day.i failed every day by eating something that is not suppoesd to.when my sis tells me dont eat this n that, u can do it, then its something that someone belives me..

Tell your sister to zip it. This is YOUR journey- not hers.

As long as you have no medical conditions, you can eat whatever your heart desires. But you have to eat in moderation and use portion control. Remember, you will slip up. You will overeat. You will binge. It's part of the process. It gets easier.
  • LouiseHappy
    LouiseHappy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This is definitely a journey, some days are better than others. There is a free meditation challenge online by Deepak Chopra and Oprah, if u r familiar with them. I use meditation to balance moods when I am low, and it does happen once and a while, less and less as I grow older. Beautiful body is not about external validation or opinions of others , but it is always only about internal balance. Otherwise change is harder than it should be. As soon as you make small changes in your perception of yourself in the world, your world will become more and more kinder and exciting to live in. This is your life, your mind, and your body, so you are the boss! :-)
  • MynameisJerryB
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Dreamsless90, are you still with us? Don't give up
  • dreamsless90
    Options
    :(
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options