What's your "trigger" food?

Options

Replies

• deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Cookie butter! I've just stood in front of my kitchen cabinet staring and debating if I want to start. lol I can not stop at 1 serving :p

same!!! love the stuff
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Anything really sweet and/or deep fried. Also, pizza. Can't stop at one, two, three or four pieces, I have to eat all of it. Also, when alcohol, I eat so much when I'm drinking. I try to avoid these items for the most part unless I make it myself and only in a single serving size. If I don't make it myself, I try to only buy them on small, single serving sizes.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    My worst of the worst is fresh bakery stuff (donuts, pastries, cookies, etc) ALL sugar. The more I eat it, the more I want it. Bad cycle with that one. I am trying to avoid these all together currently.

Sugary cereal is another big one. I have some here now in the cabinet .. might throw it away though. Me and said cereal had an 'incident' the other night. :neutral_face:

Another would be Trail Mix type stuff, especially with the raisins and M&M candies. I just can't buy that anymore. The word moderation is foreign to me when it comes to trail mix.
  • doingItIn2012
    doingItIn2012 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Any type of sugar then it is downhill from there.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time controlling myself around any kind of cracker. Cheese Nips, Wheat Thins, Chicken in a Biskit, Ritz...
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add Frosted Strawberry Pop-Tarts to my list, but can't edit.
  • las07s
    las07s Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've found, for me, that refined sugars and the more processed carbs can make me want more and more and more.

THIS! I cannot have refined sugar or I will be off the wagon for days! I had pie two weeks ago and I am just now weaning away the cravings it caused. Ugh. I am a mess when it comes to refined sugar. Fruit, on the other hand, I can eat in moderation, and forget about it as soon as I'm done.
  • punkuate
    punkuate Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Any chips (or crisps as we call them). I once ate 6 packs of hula hoops at once.
  • kpw818
    kpw818 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Cereal. Oh man. I love that stuff.

Popcorn (downed a whole bag for lunch last week. Was on a medium run day, so I figure the sodium worked :D)

Maple Almond Butter. I could and would eat half the jar in one sitting. Thankfully it is kind of pricey so I don't buy a lot. I used to do a scoop in my oatmeal, then I found myself grabbing more and more spoonfuls of it. I'm not really watching weight but nutrients, but it could easily get out of hand if I was hungry enough, lol.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Alcohol, particularly O'Mara's Irish Cream. On the rocks, it is absolute calorie bomb heaven. Or at least I have to assume so. I can't find any reliable information at all about the calorie content. Everything is unsourced.
  • KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Talenti gelato.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Basically anything made out of potatoes will be my downfall. Chips, fries, cheesy potato casserole.. You name it.

Since I've been watching my calories again, I allotted myself a dinner of Charley's Ultimate Fries (fries smothered in cheese, ranch and bacon) the other day, but only because I was craving them like crazy. I made sure to eat well the rest of the day though and saved calories for it.
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Cheesy puffs
    Cheesy pasta
    Pizza

Really anything with carbs and cheese. :#
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Went grocery shopping last night and found another one.. Cinnamon Rolls. n521qnej2zmj.jpg
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    for me its foods with a certain texture. smooth, and easy to to eat in a large quantity.

cheddar cheese,kraft singles, fig newtons,pudding/ice cream, Soft cookies, white bread/white rolls, certain pies. Also (randomly) certain crackers. Ie- club crackers, ritz, or saltines(in combination with cheese, look out!). Never triscuits, wheat thins or cheez its.

Im a strange little bird. But I have studied my binge eating closely. ;)
  • dogsarebears
    dogsarebears Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Pizza pizza pizza
  • Rashanti1
    Rashanti1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Fresh tortilla chips and salsa.

4xuqweqovsr0.jpg

yup.
  • scottjeniferl
    scottjeniferl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Chocolate! Chocolate truffles, the ones that melt in your mouth. The dark chocolate truffles that melt in your mouth! Its really bad! I can turn away most any chocolate now, even though my mouth water's like Pavlov's dog, but dark chocolate truffles I have to stay away from. Maybe I'll have one to celebrate my next goal! (Just one, followed by a treadmill session!)
  • mad8604
    mad8604 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Cookie butter! I've just stood in front of my kitchen cabinet staring and debating if I want to start. lol I can not stop at 1 serving :p

Did you cave? :open_mouth:
    Yes
    Potato chips. Anything chippy. Ohgod. I want some now just thinking about it. :'(

chips n salsa gets me all the time
  • mad8604
    mad8604 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Chips, salsa, and queso. Oh and homemade bread. Done. These things don't stand a chance when I'm around.

moes southwest grill/chipotle !