What's your "trigger" food?

Options
I'm all about eating the foods you love in moderation but do any of you have a food you try to avoid or don't keep in the house because you just can't seem to control how much you have? For me, I just cannot buy Cheetos (chips). I mean, I do but it never ends well. I love the hell out of some Cheetos, boooy. If they are puffs, GAME OVER. Must have the whole bag. MUST! I don't care. Another one from the top my head is ready to bake chocolate chip cookies. I can't. Hide them from me.

Replies

• MamaJ1974
    MamaJ1974 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Homemade chex mix. I can eat anything else in moderation.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I like chewy granola bars when I'm up in my stand.
  • brighton_up
    brighton_up Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Muesli cereal clusters.. they just go when i buy them and I don't know how.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds - like crack they are.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    for sure ANY kind of chip or cheeto or cheese itz..mmm cheese. or fun fetti cake. omg. its my dudes favorite and i always make it with toasted coconut on the outside. EVERYTIME i become a human who has never consumed food for it and don't even chew. haha!
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    If I buy a big box of candy, it will not survive the day.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, at least if it's salty. I'll keep eating it until it's gone. (I don't avoid it, but I keep that in mind.) Naan at an Indian restaurant when I have curry to dip it in, or fries or tortilla chips, quite often, if I eat them off of a shared plate.

A co-worker brought in this fancy kettle corn with different toppings like chocolate and that was really hard for me to stop once I started, too.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Laura Secord Chocolate Hazelnut Spread... it's so good, it's evil!
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Popcorn, at least if it's salty. I'll keep eating it until it's gone. (I don't avoid it, but I keep that in mind.) Naan at an Indian restaurant when I have curry to dip it in, or fries or tortilla chips, quite often, if I eat them off of a shared plate.

A co-worker brought in this fancy kettle corn with different toppings like chocolate and that was really hard for me to stop once I started, too.

Popcorn! Kettle corn flavor to be exact. Like crack to me.
  • graciiekim
    graciiekim Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Honey bunches of oats oh my goodness
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Fresh tortilla chips and salsa.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I've found, for me, that refined sugars and the more processed carbs can make me want more and more and more.

I know sugars are all supposed to be the same, but I have found I'm much more successful eating portion appropriate amounts of naturally occurring sugars like fruit than I am eating candy.

I had to stop pasta for awhile because I would keep eating it allllll, but now I have some occasionally.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options

4xuqweqovsr0.jpg
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

4xuqweqovsr0.jpg

Sweet, sweet torture.
  • Improve1
    Improve1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Fries, gotta always finish them. Deep-fried salty evil.
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    added sugar and bread (wheat in general, but bread most of all). I just never bring them into my home...problem solved.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I've found, for me, that refined sugars and the more processed carbs can make me want more and more and more.

I know sugars are all supposed to be the same, but I have found I'm much more successful eating portion appropriate amounts of naturally occurring sugars like fruit than I am eating candy.

I had to stop pasta for awhile because I would keep eating it allllll, but now I have some occasionally.

For me the biggest theme tends to be salty plus unlimited (or lots) available rather than a specific serving size. If I have some tortilla chips on my plate as part of a dinner I'll be fine and not particularly want more, but if they are sitting out in a big bowl (especially in advance of dinner), I will eat and eat unless I really force myself to take one serving on my plate and not take more (and if others are continuing to eat of course that's hard).

Similarly, I don't care that much about pasta (the sauce, on the other hand...), and if I give myself one serving I am happy. Take me to an Italian restaurant that has 3-4x a proper serving, though, and I can keep eating if I don't force myself to think in advance that one third is all I should eat. I keep eating because it's tasty and my mind tends to interpret food being available and tasty as me needing to eat more, but for me at least it's NOT that eating that particular food makes me want more.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Homemade chocolate cake.