Strawberry Jam/Preserves

Options
JordanRay21
JordanRay21 Posts: 25 Member
Very simple recipe. I put mine on a Wasa cracker and eat as a little snack.

Just get some fresh strawberries and cut them up. Place in a skillet on medium high heat. Depending on how thick or thin you want the consistency just add water accordingly. I would suggest little at a time the strawberries will create their own liquid as they cook. I also add a very little bit of sugarless sugar (Stevia based product) (Optional). I also smash mine a little bit while they cook I am not a fan of the chunks of strawberries but my fiance is haha. Also good with organic Peanut butter for a healthier PB&J.

igc0k0bimidj.jpg

Replies

• jj_steele
    jj_steele Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I think that I'll try this as soon as I use up my current jar of strawberry jam.
    How long does this usually last (stored in the refrigerator)?
  • JordanRay21
    JordanRay21 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Quite a while. I'll make a big enough batch to fill a empty jar that use to have store bought Jam in it. The longest I have had it last is a month (My girl and I eat it all before it has had a chance to go bad). =)
  • jj_steele
    jj_steele Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Quite a while. I'll make a big enough batch to fill a empty jar that use to have store bought Jam in it. The longest I have had it last is a month (My girl and I eat it all before it has had a chance to go bad). =)

Thanks!