Important Advise from an Oregonian!

Options
Annr
Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
*clears throat to yell politely* LOSING WEIGHT ISN'T THE KEY TO HAPPINESS......HAPPINESS IS THE KEY TO LOSING WEIGHT........(((((Sunday hugs))))))) 5 hugs a day now......and hugging someone five times doesn't count... :-) Enjoy the day all!

Replies

• trailrunner81
    trailrunner81 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Does hugging myself count for at least 1? LOL, great advice.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I love it, but will you help me with bail money? The stranger I just hugged had me arrested for assault!! :disappointed_relieved:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    *clears throat to yell politely* LOSING WEIGHT ISN'T THE KEY TO HAPPINESS......HAPPINESS IS THE KEY TO LOSING WEIGHT........(((((Sunday hugs))))))) 5 hugs a day now......and hugging someone five times doesn't count... :-) Enjoy the day all!

tumblr_m8vug94qVv1qedhpm.gif
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow Oregonian!

A friend of mine was teasing me the other day and saying that the only reason I dance is so that I can hug lots of men. Hey...it works!

Is that your imaginary weight on the chalk scale?
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Pssst...just so you know, the word you are looking for is adviCe. It's a noun.

To adviSe is a verb.
  • globug68
    globug68 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well put my friend if we don't love ourselves and are not happy within how can we treat ourselves great
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh, I thought this was going to be about pot.

I kid, I kid.

By the way, happiness has never helped me to lose weight. CICO has. But sure, a little happiness can only be a good thing. So smile...but also be smart about what you're putting into your mouth. A little advice from a Californian. :)
  • Annr
    Options
    Oh yesssss hugging yourself DOES count!! hahahaha,
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »

I kid, I kid.

That's Washington...and Colorado. It won't be legal here for a while.
  • Annr
    Options
    Yep that is my goal weight on me chalk scale....it helps me to visualize :-)
  • LAWoman72
    Options

I kid, I kid.

That's Washington...and Colorado. It won't be legal here for a while.

Oh, sorry, LOL.

Got to get my pot facts straight, I guess.

• Annr
    Options
    Oregonians are more than pot...hahahaha
  • Annr
    Options
    even though we are HELLAH green.....and we rust more than we tan.
  • Annr
    Options

I kid, I kid.

By the way, happiness has never helped me to lose weight. CICO has. But sure, a little happiness can only be a good thing. So smile...but also be smart about what you're putting into your mouth. A little advice from a Californian. :)

hmmm can I be smart AND huggy? Oh and I can identify with you...I am a displaced Californian in Oregon.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Aren't you actually from California?

*side eye*

You have to rust for many years before you can really call yourself an Oregonian.
  • LAWoman72
    edited March 2015
    Options

Well in that case, hugging oneself can be helpful but how about hugging a tree? If you walk to go find the tree you'll be burning calories. Bonus: try lifting the tree out of the ground. That will REALLY help tip your CICO equation. Be sure to wear a back brace, though.

"Rust more than tan," LOL!

Actually, my husband and I are always talking about moving to Oregon, me being a tree-hugging freak and all. We are considering Ashland.

Not that this has anything to do with the original post, LOL.
    hmmm can I be smart AND huggy? Oh and I can identify with you...I am a displaced Californian in Oregon.

Certainly! Just be sure to read Nietzsche with one hand while hugging the tree with the other.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options

*side eye*

You have to rust for many years before you can really call yourself an Oregonian.

I'm from Oregon but live in California, even after 16 years here I've still got my layer of rust!
  • Annr
    Options

*side eye*

I'm from Oregon but live in California, even after 16 years here I've still got my layer of rust!

Well....I grew up in Boring Oregon, and married a sailor. So have returned to the fold so to speak, but lost my love to run in the rain. I miss the sunny days of California...but like the elk in my yard, and the sound of rain.
  • LAWoman72
    edited March 2015
    Options

*side eye*

I'm a Californian but originally from New Jersey. It's taken me a while to get huggy.

But now I'll hug anything.

Come here...

Sorry, though, I ran out of pot in, hm....1984.

• Annr
    Options

Well in that case, hugging oneself can be helpful but how about hugging a tree? If you walk to go find the tree you'll be burning calories. Bonus: try lifting the tree out of the ground. That will REALLY help tip your CICO equation. Be sure to wear a back brace, though.

"Rust more than tan," LOL!

Actually, my husband and I are always talking about moving to Oregon, me being a tree-hugging freak and all. We are considering Ashland.

Not that this has anything to do with the original post, LOL.

Certainly! Just be sure to read Nietzsche with one hand while hugging the tree with the other.

Hugging a tree????? Oh my....I am terrified of bugs, so that is all I see....my arms just freeways for the critters to get to MEEEEE...... Ok googling Nietzsche.....:-)