Get rid of a hangover without the junk?

Options
2»

Replies

• hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    A hangover is essentially dehydration. Sweating it out is actually TERRIBLE advice, because you main goal should be to rehydrate as well as possible. Water is great, but gatorade is better, in this situation. However, once you're feeling better, getting out and about and getting your mind off of it can help a lot. I had a hangover a couple of weeks ago and while the first few hours I was awake I essentially wanted to throw up and die, once I managed to get hydrated I felt good enough to stand upright, I took my kids to story time at the local library and practically forgot I was hungover, aside from being ravenous then!
  • jennahaines108
    jennahaines108 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    hrm... I've just noticed that I'm giving hangover advice to a 23 yr old ;) Ignore everything, you're young and not hurting much, suck it up and deal with it! :p

Get back to us in 10-15 yrs when you discover what hangovers are really like ;)

Lol fair
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I make a fake sausage and egg McMuffin. 360 cals and a hot sweet tea 76 cals (depending on how much milk). Paracetamol, water and sleep.
    I'm trying to cut down on the hangovers but the trouble is, after 2 drinks I think I'm invincible!

Sadly, it's going to be all or nothing and I'm not quite ready to give it up

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    For me, the only thing that works is water + time. Sometimes I try to add in a green juice for extra vitamins. But working on with a hangover is not something I can do. It always takes about a day for me to recover and then I feel like I new person.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Water. Next time chase every drink with a glass of water.
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Fresh mango (slices or in a smoothie) does wonders for a hangover. I think it's all of the B vitamins....
  • lalawaterlala
    lalawaterlala Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Drink a lot of water. Your body is dehydrated after drinking alcohol.
    Eat fresh fruit and vegetables!
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Advil and lots and lots of hydration. Fresh fruit instead of the usual greasy food hangover breakfast. Follow that with whatever exercise gives you an endorphin rush...for me it's weights for glutes. (I have friends that swear by running...but that makes me feel worse than a hangover on my best days!)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Water
  • jouttie
    jouttie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    No. It needs greasy, salty food, preferrably fried eggs with buttery and i mean BUTTERY toast. And coffee. And coke. And sleep. And water then in the afternoon sugary, SUGARY cake. And more sleep. And lots of moaning, I am never gonna drink again... etc. etc. No excessive movements. Good luck!
  • Kaylinerst3663
    Kaylinerst3663 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had a very long and interesting St. Pats that lasted a span of several days.... The way I got through it was a can of V8 Energy drink... (lots of vitamins and minerals), ibprofuen, and water before I went to bed.. Suprisingly, it kept me from being super dehydrated and I didnt have the urge to eat lots of greasy food...
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Water water water
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hydration and salt will help, but there is no fast cure. If you want to get both at once try G2 from Gatorade as it is low in calorie.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I don't believe I have ever had a hang over.

The worst I have felt after drinking is about on par to how I would feel if I had only 3 hours sleep.

Or is a hangover really not that bad?

But isn't water the best thing? Your hung over because you are dehydrated.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    A glass of water. A strong coffee. Quest bar. Go. (I'll be good for anything but most likely not squats).