Replies

• gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options
    = ) What a gent!!
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    That's a sweet reminder ....I do believe in being my worst critic sometimes...I shall remember this when I weigh-in today:smile:
  • teresaq1
    teresaq1 Posts: 53
    Options
    As I get older I find I don"t need compliments to make me feel good about myself. I hate seeing women berate and put themselves down on this website. I try to help pick them up as much as I can. I work with children and find that self esteem can be damaged at a very young age. I had this 6 year old that was very heavy for her age. She had her hair hanging in her face and was doing poorly in school. So I decided to see if I could do something to help her out. So every morning I would tell her how nice she looked that day, and every afternoon I would tell her how smart she was. After about 3 months of this I noticed her hair was brushed, she was standing a little taller and her grades went from dismal to great. Words are very powerful. They can be used for good or evil. Light or dark. Light someones candle, brighten their life.
  • dnthaveasn
    dnthaveasn Posts: 113
    Options
    Very sweet thing to say...thank you :blushing:
  • NHGirl23
    NHGirl23 Posts: 2,657 Member
    Options
    What nice thing to say, and a nice thread. People on this site are really great!!
  • teasha43
    teasha43 Posts: 101
    Options
    As I get older I find I don"t need compliments to make me feel good about myself. I hate seeing women berate and put themselves down on this website. I try to help pick them up as much as I can. I work with children and find that self esteem can be damaged at a very young age. I had this 6 year old that was very heavy for her age. She had her hair hanging in her face and was doing poorly in school. So I decided to see if I could do something to help her out. So every morning I would tell her how nice she looked that day, and every afternoon I would tell her how smart she was. After about 3 months of this I noticed her hair was brushed, she was standing a little taller and her grades went from dismal to great. Words are very powerful. They can be used for good or evil. Light or dark. Light someones candle, brighten their life.

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME:))) God Bless you for that!!! Brought a tear to my eyes.
  • Elise1931
    Elise1931 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    awww...this is so sweet and you're so nice. Thank you copperdave. :blushing:
  • niavalentino
    niavalentino Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    A very sweet thing to say! I am definitely my own worst critic, but it doesn't help also when you have your mother breathing down her own expectations down your neck. So, its nice to see such a darling thing every once in awhile (especially if its not coming from my boyfriend).