LEAN IT UP! (Memorial Day 2015 Challenge)

Options

Replies

• kathers01
    kathers01 Posts: 164 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ok I am joining. Baby is now 6 weeks old and it's time to lose the baby weight :) Can't wait to get back into working out!

SW 174
    GW 160
  • lycheenmango
    lycheenmango Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Welcome @kathers01!
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    unhgoose wrote: »
    ha, well I'm not off to a good start- 159.6 which is up about half a lb. But I've been good this week so I'm pretty sure I've just got some water weight hanging on from high sodium corn beef and cabbage I had a few times this week.

I need to get back into the habit of working out every morning too. I've fallen off the wagon since daylight savings. For me to exercise I need to get up by 5:30 so I really need to stop hitting the snooze.

that's what I love about this challenge. I was 130 a few weeks ago and I kept gaining and I was like, shrug shoulders. but now that I see the number up there in the spreadsheet it's more motivating. I fell off the wagon too and my dr wants me to exercise more too. fitting it in will help me too. good luck :)
  • kateraichu
    kateraichu Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Was just looking for something Memorial-day based and happy that I found this. I'm starting at 116 (I got down to 110, got cocky, and ballooned up again).

On Memorial Day weekend, I'm traveling with my family and some friends to a campsite where we frequently swim, so my goal is to look great in this new swimsuit I got. I'm determined to get to 108 or 109! (Also, don't freak out—I'm really short.)

This is great motivation that we have the spreadsheet for everyone. Thank you for making this.
  • KIsBlessed
    KIsBlessed Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! How do I join this challenge?
    Hola!

There are almost 11 weeks to go until May 25 and as I love the MFP challenges I am creating this one to keep me focused on my goal to lose 21 pounds by summer.

All of you are welcome to join the challenge. I have created a spreadsheet (link below) -
    Why I like spreadsheets is that it's easier to see your and other's progress in one glance to keep you motivated!! Trying this for the first time so any feedback to tweak the spreadsheet is most welcome!

Link:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SYfzNug2x4MrBa6wYKWdI8MEI56JnJcujV92koBl6yg/edit?usp=sharing

I am super psyched and hope you are too! We can use this thread to exchange recipes, highs, lows, our frustrations, help with motivation and workout suggestions :)

-A

• bhealthy1516
    bhealthy1516 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm going to gracefully bow our this time, good luck to everyone maybe I'll join the next one maybe I'll be a little further along.
    I weigh more then a lot of the people on the thread and I can't access that spreadsheet and maybe next time
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Well, I already joined a 20 pound Memorial Day challenge and have since lost five pounds, so I have 15 more to go. :) Anyone who wants can feel free to send me a friend request. Please I'm not perfect so don't judge me. Lol.

Btw, here's the group I joined before. I'm sure they wouldn't mind having new members. :)

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103717-20-lbs-by-memorial-day-may-25-2015
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I'm going to gracefully bow our this time, good luck to everyone maybe I'll join the next one maybe I'll be a little further along.
    I weigh more then a lot of the people on the thread and I can't access that spreadsheet and maybe next time
    I can't fix the spreadsheet either so if you want to do it the OP has been adding me when I post here. if you change your mind I'll be here!
  • lycheenmango
    Options
    That's weird that some people are not able to access the spreadsheet. Just post your stats here... and I can add them for you :)
  • lycheenmango
    Options
    For those who cant access or edit the spreadsheet, here is a screenshot for your information :) I will do my best to update it for some who cant edit it.

yy363pd04bjg.png

• lycheenmango
    Options
    Damn ... not sure why I am not able to display full size!
  • lycheenmango
    Options
    Hello ... how was everyone's weekend? I am almost done with my moving so gonna get back to weekday workouts starting tomorrow.

I hope I am able to lose about a pounds this week!
  • kathers01
    kathers01 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend. Just did a two mile walk with the baby, hubs and dogs. Hoping I can get cleared at my Dr appointment this week and return to full workouts. Ready to lose this baby weight :)
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    LogicalDaydreamer Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hey all - I've been quietly lurking on MFP for months, and have been very successful in my weight loss goals so far! But I'm finding myself in need of a push for those last 20-or-so pounds, and I'm hoping that finally posting on the boards and participating in this challenge will help to motivate me toward that end!
  • unhgoose
    unhgoose Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I did a 5k on Saturday (in the snow!- stupid New England), and I am wicked sore. I guess I'm in worse shape than I thought. So I did yoga yesterday and a Jillian Michaels dvd this morning and hopefully I'll loosen up some.

I also fell off the wagon a little yesterday and had an extra beer and some cookies, but I'm back to my carrots and celery today.

Hope we all have a good week!
  • amymcd
    amymcd Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    May I join? I added my info to the SS. 5'8", 54yrs, for this challange goal: 168, ultimate goal: 147#.
  • lycheenmango
    Options
    Friendly reminder to all ... tomorrow is our check-in day :)

How was everyone's week? Please share your ups and downs!

I had a good week - lot of exercise in the form of walking and just setting up the new place. Nutrition wise I am very proud of myself this week as I stuck to a healthy diet and just had 1 hershey chocolate bar as a cheat meal :)
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    hi! i'd like to join if i still can? i think i added my info correctly on the spreadsheet. Let me know if I didn't.

I'm 30 y/o, 5'1" (very short!), not looking for too much weight loss, just about 4-5 lbs to bring my running times down. so CW: 108.4 lbs., would like to make it to 104.4 lbs by memorial day.
  • unhgoose
    unhgoose Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've been doing great with my food and have kept up my new exercise plan.

I think I freaked out my body a little though. My weight's been up a few pounds since I started though, and I've been sore from the exercising. I'm assuming it's water retention from muscles that are a little shocked at all the work I'm making them do.

I'm glad this challenge has a nice distant goal because it's taking me a little bit to get into the groove in terms of water weight and adjusting to regular (more challenging) exercise.

Last year this time I was easily doing these same DVDs, but apparently I slacked off more than I'd realized since last fall. It's crazy to me how challenging they are right now.