blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol!

Options
I want to be able to party, but not gain back all the weight I've lost during the week. What drinks do you order to have a good time, but not ruin your entire week of healthy eating??? Then, when your guards are down after the alcohol, how do you refrain from a late night diner excursion? Help!! Thanks!

Replies

• greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Stay away from mix drinks, cocktails & beer! Shots or wine are ok I think but only a couple
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    rum and diet coke
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    rum n diet coke, shots... the other night i did mostly that but i did have a long island as well...
  • nickyb632
    nickyb632 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i love beer so i usually work out enough to leave plenty of calories for the beer... other wise jack & diet.... stay away from anything juice for sure! And as far as eating, that part is hard, usually i can just skip but the one night i came home & made toast w/ laughing cow light cheese wedge! haha
  • WarriorWomanMaxine
    WarriorWomanMaxine Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Always remember alcohol is empty calories full of sugar :(
  • cptino
    cptino Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Skinnygirl? 100 calorie margaritas!
  • snoopybing
    snoopybing Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandyfeet10,

Check out this website, I found it just the other day and it compares calorie to alcohol ratio for hundreds of drinks:

http://getdrunknotfat.com/

SB x
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    mojitos are yummy and 150 calories each
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Hi Sandyfeet10,

Check out this website, I found it just the other day and it compares calorie to alcohol ratio for hundreds of drinks:

SB x

:laugh: NICE - I like how you can also have the list re-arrange to Get Drunk Not Broke, from Get Drunk Not Fat, by clicking on the 'Price per 3oz' column!
  • mimi1924
    mimi1924 Posts: 14
    Options
    Yeah I know how that is, especially with summer around the corner. Whatever you are drinking try to have a glass of water in between each glass of wine, bottle of beer, etc. It will help you stay hydrated and slows down the "buzz". In the end just remember it's only one day so get back on track the next day and really think "is it worth undoing everything you've done for the week". I know because I refrained from partying for 3 weeks straight, did my workouts faithfully, used mfp and in one of those weeks I lost 2.6lbs. I don't want to undo that kind of success anymore. It's not worth it to me so when I do have an event, I plan ahead and get myself mentally prepared. Good Luck!!! (Love partying too)
  • amyakj
    amyakj Posts: 21
    Options
    since i have started if i know i am going to eat something or drink something that is not so healthy. I will work out extra hard that day to build up my calories and just make sure you are maintaining your water intake. I ALWAYS alternate a drink with water or a shot with water.
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    Hi Sandyfeet10,

SB x
    OMG this is great info, thanks! xo
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options

i did....thought it was kind of bitter!! i bought thinking i would love it, but i didn't!! :( do you just drink it on the rocks or do you mix it with anything?
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    if i know i am going to drink i try to have a drink then a glass of water and alternate them so i still drinking but limits how much - and also watch for the snack items when out and drinking they can kill you calorie wise too
  • kennysrush
    kennysrush Posts: 124
    Options
    Whiskey is 1/2 the calories of beer. I'm partial to whiskey and Coke Zero. I keep reading that the ideal limit for drinks is one per day for women and two per day for men. It's ok to let it rip a little once in a while, but realize that you'll need to do some calorie burn in the days to follow to make it up.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    The problem isn't just the booze it's the affect the alcohol has on your blood sugar. I love beer but i limit my drinking to one night a week. When i get drunk i get loose in every perspective lol including food. When i've got a good beer buzz on, I'm going to give into eating not so good things namely fat, salty junk foods. Drinking excessively is just 1/2 of the issue when it comes to putting on weight. The food effect after does as well. So yeah you can drink but just like what you eat it must be in moderation for successful weight loss. Everything counts.
  • JulyHummingbird
    JulyHummingbird Posts: 106 Member
    Options

i did....thought it was kind of bitter!! i bought thinking i would love it, but i didn't!! :( do you just drink it on the rocks or do you mix it with anything?

I didn't care for it that much, either. I'd rather have a nice tequila with some fresh squeezed lime. Maybe it's better with food?
  • Waynes_World
    Waynes_World Posts: 333
    Options
    I like Vodka and Tea myself.. It is around 70 calories ;}

I dont drink to often though.. My weight loss is more important to me
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    I love my wine, but......after trying for several months to both have some wine AND lose weight. Nope. Wasn't happening. I have quit until I hit goal again .(another 25 lbs) Sigh.....some people can, I just couldn't.
  • Mtsidad
    Mtsidad Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I account for alcohol as part of my calorie intake. I plan for the extra calories from the mixed drinks. I drink water alongside my fun drink.

One of the places I go to provides free bottled water, so I get a cold bottle of spring water along with my 151 or Jack and OJ. I generally try to eat before I go out so that my stomach has something in it to slow down the alcohol.

Some people tell me that alcohol is "empty calories" - but I consider it as something that's part of my intake. I account for it, I eat good things in moderation, and I enjoy life. I don't need alcohol to enjoy life, but I also don't need to restrict it to enjoy life.

The places I go to serve free snacks. I used to eat them but I learned - quickly! - that these were high in salt and fat. So I don't eat them. If I'm really hungry I'll take out a fiberbar and eat that. But just drinking at a moderate pace usually means I'm not starving.

The other night after being out I came home, showered, and then had an apple for a snack. I felt pretty good, even though I knew I had to be up in 2 hours to go to work. ;)