Ladies, advice for fat on thighs

Options
13»

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I HAVE to lose 25 more pounds by summer best luck to you all

Keep your expectations reasonable. With 25 lbs to lose you can expect to lose 1 lb per week. As you get leaner it'll be less and less.
  • heather0709
    heather0709 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Are leg workouts good to do or a waste
    A pound per week would put me at low 130s in June, which is fine
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Compound lifts are the way to go. Less time in the gym, more muscle groups hit, better core muscle use.
  • heather0709
    Options
  • kpw818
    kpw818 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Lifting is great for weight loss, but you can't spot reduce. I have fairly low body fat and still have some fluff on my inner thighs. Your body shape will also matter. I'm petite but curvy, and I will always have either muscular or chunky thighs lol.
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    The reason for the lifting and protein level is to maintain your muscle, so that when that 25 pounds is gone what is left is "toned" and not jiggly mess. You can do it :)
  • erikgoya
    erikgoya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Leg workouts are TOTALLY worth doing. While you can't spot reduce, you'll build strength and tone them up so they look good once you DO lose the fat.

So far as compound weight training goes, Squats and lunges (normal and side) are the way to go; Romanian dead lifts to hit your hammies/lower back too, if you're up to it (just watch your form, ask a PT if you're unsure).

Don't be afraid to add in some upper body exercise too though! Try overhead dumbbell presses and bench press for compound work.
  • heather0709
    Options
    One more question, my husband is now starting next week to work more during the week, so if my sister can't watch my one year old , my other two are in kindergarten and 1st grade so that good!
    Are dumb bells good, I use them before when I lost my 45 pounds and now realizing that is why I didn't have any flab lol. I want maybe 5 or 10 pound each. I lift my baby all time he 20 pounds so I'm looking for 20,
    Any suggestions on what to buy. Cheap of course
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    One more question, my husband is now starting next week to work more during the week, so if my sister can't watch my one year old , my other two are in kindergarten and 1st grade so that good!
    Are dumb bells good, I use them before when I lost my 45 pounds and now realizing that is why I didn't have any flab lol. I want maybe 5 or 10 pound each. I lift my baby all time he 20 pounds so I'm looking for 20,
    Any suggestions on what to buy. Cheap of course

Any chance you could get a weight orientation at your gym? This might help you to develop a complete plan and get some ideas on what to buy for home.

I wish I could give you more concrete ideas. I've been lifting since I was a teenager, but I can't do freeweights because of a back problem, so I've got kind of a limited perspective on things. Lately I've been thinking that I need to revise my plan/approach a bit too.