Smokin' Hot Green Pepper's 3/11 week 10

Options

Replies

• PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone....

Here's how my fitness test went --
    1.5 mile run... had to do in 18:14 or less to pass ---- I ran it in 14:35.

Push-ups, timed 1 mimute (male push-ups) -- had to do 11 or more to pass, 38 would give me maximum points -- I did 39 and still had time on the clock.

Sit-ups, timed 1 minute -- had to do 24 or more to pass, 40 would give me maximum points -- I did 41 and still had time on the clock.

Abdominal measurement - this is measured level at the iliac crest (not your waist) -- had to do do 35.5 inches or less to pass -- I had 36. That 1/2 inch extra caused me to fail the section.

Fail one section -- it's a failure for the entire test regardless of how well you did on the other sections.

Now, let me state, I didn't practice anything for this test..... Haven't run in easily 6 weeks. When I did it was 1 mile and I didn't time myself. I did not practice sit-ups or push-ups.

And I was aware my measurement wasn't within limits since I measured myself recently.

Am I depressed with my results -- no. Why, if I did well without practice... Heck I DID VERY WELL without practice. Am I sore - nope. Did I finish my sections panting, red face or ready to drop or vomit -- Nope.

I have up to 6 months to retest.
    All I need to do is lose a 1/2 inch... actually 1 inch would be better.....I'm thinking retesting in July. My unit has another person testing in July (6 months after childbirth).

Like I said, I am damn proud of my results w/o any practice.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Well Barb...in my book, my very, very grand book, you passed! You did AMAZING lady! One fine job! WOW, you smoked the push-ups, sit-ups, and the 1.5 mile run!! I am in total ***AWE!!*** :love: The 1/2 inch w/ the abdomen, puh, you will whittle that away, no problem! I believe in you for sure! I am so glad you posted this, cuz I been thinking bout ya and heck yeah, I'm proud of you too! Take a bow darlin'! Gang.... let's all toast Barb!! :drinker:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    I'm very proud of my results despite the failure......
    Especially since I didn't practice for this test.

Working the weekend. Looking forward to my next day off - Saturday 5/21.

Take care.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    exercise for the next week...
    Friday ~ 2 mile outdoor walk, stretch 57 min [x] *treadmill*
    Saturday ~ WATP 3 mile, stretch 73 min [x]
    Sunday ~ 3 mile outdoor walk, Shred 71 min [ ] ** gonna start w/Cindy!! **
    Monday ~ 2 mile treadmill walk/jog, Shred 56 min [ ]
    Tuesday ~ WATP 3 mile, Shred, stretch 99 min [ ]
    Wednesday ~ 2 mile outdoor walk, Shred 56 min [ ]
    Thursday ~ WATP 2 mile, Shred, stretch 83 [ ]
    495 minutes goal
    130 done
    365 remaining

my green's today were all in one meal, salad for supper ~
    cuke & iceberg lettuce

so we went to Pizza Ranch for supper. calories unknown. I tried to keep it light thru out the day and burned 500+ with exercise. ate foods I normally don't eat here at home..pizza, broasted chicken, mashed potatoes, cheese stick w/marinara, macaroni salad and coleslaw. it was very good, and I tried to watch portions. salt will be my enemy the next couple days. looking forward to my Shred workout tomorrow!! Cindy and Jacque, you ready??
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Hi all....

Found out another failed his fitness test by not doing enough sit-ups.

And learned I was asked to help someone with their push-ups. Why, it was brough to his attention I did maximum amount of push-ups easily with no effort. So despite my test failure, I am being asked to mentor others.

So.... all is good.

Got a busy day here... off I go....
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Barb that is great. You are doing wonderful you will pass your next test. :drinker:

Well I did my shred this morning.. I cant say it was easy because it was very hard. but my kitten helped he kept attacking my arms while do the floor exercise with my son laughing in next room I was able to keep going. But now I know I am way out of shape and really will have to do this daily to get back to where I was months ago. How sad is that. I know I will do this so with my alarm set for 4:45AM tomorrow will be another day. I may have to hold off on walking on lunch so I dont get too sore or maybe do 15 min walks but will add them back next week.

Good luck ladies do what you can. in 30 days we shall see how many inches or pounds I loose. I will complete this for me :drinker:
  • kelly_a
    Options
    will get chart posted soon.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    Sunday ~ 3 mile outdoor walk, Shred 71 min [x] ** gonna start w/Cindy!! ** added 2 min>walk
    Monday ~ 2 mile treadmill walk/jog, Shred 56 min [ ]
    495 minutes goal
    203 done
    294 remaining

Happy day all! I decided to do my walk first, so my body/muscles were good and warm when I *attempted* D1L1 of JM Shred. WOW! I really have to take it slow and be careful b/c of my shoulder. Do NOT want an injury. It was a good workout and I noticed when I entered my time and calories to the exercise log here, I was only 9 calories less than the last time I did it. Not sure how good of shape I was in or if it was a 'no effort workout'. Still might get in some kind of activity later...just to help with upcoming soreness! Like Cindy, eager to get to day 30!

Hope you're having a good work day Barb. How's Dave doing? I have to say, I admire you and your push-up abilities!! I struggle doing the girly ones! even more of a challenge post surgery!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    Options
    Thanks for asking about him. About 430am, Dave had a panic attack - worst one I ever saw him in. If he didn't have such a tight grip on my hands, I would have called 911. Once he calmed down, and I was able to free my hands. I took his blood pressue & saw that was in normal range. Decided if his blood pressue was normal, he's breathing regular now, he's talking, ambulatory that the worst had passed. I felt bad leaving him to go to work but when I'm wearing the uniform - not able to stay home.

Last night I fell asleep reading my book - and he fell asleep watching tv. Since I was asleep in my glider & he was asleep in bed, neither one of us took our night meds. I think his panic attack was due to missing his night time meds.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    after lunch, dh fell asleep on the couch and both boys took some items to oldest son's house he will be living in the next year. I went outside and pulled some weeds out of my flower garden. thought it would go a lot better than it did....was hoping with our almost 1 inch rain they would have come out easier, but 3/4 of them broke off. job not finished. dh grilled pork chops and cod for supper and I made party potatoes and corn on the cob. I had one bite of the potatoes and a small salad with my corn and cod. Then the evening kinda felt like 'grade school' years again. Tomorrow is 1st day of work for Tanner, working w/Scott. Are my steel toed shoes in the basement? Where's my cooler? What time do I need to get up? When are we leaving? If I don't have to stay all day, can you (ME) come get me? What can I take for lunch? geez!! Then I cleaned up supper and finished the laundry. I am tired...and beginning to feel stiff. A hot bath is calling...I had planned to eat some popcorn and have a protein shake, but I am just too tired, and really not hungry. will be short on calories today.

Barb ~ how scary for Dave/you with his panic attack. Having you there while it was happening was reassuring I bet. Long day for you tho...That is the best thing for me...just having someone ( anyone ) to talk to me, hold my hand, tell me it is going to be ok. I used to scare myself so badly years ago. I really hated those moments. I was sure I was going to die. Does he ever talk about it after it is over? I hope he gets well enough to someday get over them, or that they will occur less and less. hang in there..
  • kelly_a
    Options
    513.png
    here's to a week of success ladies! plan your meals and activity! let's take it up a notch and get serious!!
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Morning Pepper's,
    Very busy at work. Completed my Day 2 Shred and went for a little walk 15 min so far today. Will try to get green veggies in. I will check back after lunch.
  • kelly_a
    Options
    very bad sleeping...2 nites in a row now at bedtime I feel jittery inside, my legs feel squirmy, have to get up and walk around..head feels like it does when Dr wanted me to increase Bupropion. slept most of the nite on the couch then got in bed when dh got up for work. Did get my popcorn in lastnite and maybe it was too close to bedtime?? Feels anxiety related...

my greens yesterday were ~ lunch : garden spinach and vegetable tortilla, cuke and iceberg lettuce. supper : pepper, romaine lettuce and celery.

will be cleaning and doing house chores today. have a good one ladies.
  • jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    Good morning,
    Well Saturday was a good day. Ate my greens for lunch and dinner. Walked a couple of miles and was in a great mood. DD came home and we actually had a stress free day. All was good. Sunday side hurt and a little tired after Saturday. Mostly laid around and did laundry and clean the refrigerator which I hate cauese my kiddos are sooo messy. Side started hurting more as the day went on. Then realized it was an abcess coming in. Ate good. Had my greens at lunch, and had a small dinner was feelin worse by this time.So all in all a good weekend minus the pain. DD even did my shopping for me, I don't know maybe her moving out was a good thing. Even so I miss her tons!! DS got a job he starts Saturday, I am proud of him.
    So goals today:
    Water
    greens
    a walk ( wont be able to do shred til abcess goes down)
    barb- Great job on the physical portion of your test!!!
    Cindy-So proud of you doing the shred will be right there with as soon as I can.
    Kelly-Good job on the shred and the greens. Youre doing good girlie!!
    Erica- Hope you r well?
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Afternoon Pepper's,
    Got a 15 min walk in, chicken salad wrap (half) for lunch. Still no greens yet. Will be having them for supper. I sit most of the day and my legs are cramping up. will have to stretch and stand some of today to keep the cramping away. Other than that feel good.

Jacque dont worry the point is getting some exercise. you can do the shred when it is good for you. Walking is a great exercise and I lost my 20 pounds with just that.
    Kelly you are doing great. Keep it up and those pounds will just fall off. 28 more days :bigsmile:

Vita miss you, hope you are doing well :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • jacque509
    Options
    So far so good, logged in my food for today this morning, and as of 3:45 pm have not strayed so I am so happy about that! :smile: Hope to get a walk in tonight so I won't be over in calories just in case LOl:laugh: naw as it stand i have 23 calories left over without walking. Did take a little walk at lunch time but decided not to count it for it was only 10 mins.
    Hope everyone has a good afternoon
  • kelly_a
    Options
    shgp's you are doing such a great job!! I am so very proud of you!! let's keep it up!!

Jacque...hope your sore heals quickly and you feel better soon. I am so glad you made the suggestion to eat 'greens'. wow, I didn't realize how much I was NOT getting them in my diet. don't they suggest 3-5 servings a day of fruit/veggies?? I am always good on fruit, but veggies were almost nil. I think mostly b/c of the prep time. If I have a salad every day, that helps me to get in other veggies. ***THANK YOU*** :heart: hey, good job on the walk!! don't you feel better? :smile: every step counts!

Cindy...you're doing good, and keeping me motivated!! it really helps when we all get involved!! I'm not too sore today, but there are many areas in the shred where I cannot do the correct move or keep with their time. I guess that gives me all the more reason to stick with it and improve!

Vita!! Girl, you've lost 50 lbs!! Holy Guacamole! Geez!! you must be at 180lbs?? Almost to your goal sweety! I am so proud of you!! Are you in your new place now...was it Seattle? Take care and when you get time, give us an update! We MISS YOU!!:heart:

Barb ~ HI!! hope you had a good evening!:wink:

greens were celery at lunch and broccoli for supper. g'nite gang!
    Sunday ~ 3 mile outdoor walk, Shred 71 min [x] ** gonna start w/Cindy!! ** added 2 min>walk
    Monday ~ 2 mile treadmill walk/jog, Shred 56 min [x]
    495 minutes goal
    238 remaining
  • jacque509
    Options
    Well I didnt get my walk in tonight but for the first time in a long time I logged all food and was under calories YEAH!!!!!! no cheating either. Had s small salad for lunch and then had a salad with chicken for dinner so got the greens in. Got my water in and logged. so 3 out of 4 I am proud of myself
    Erica!!! yay!!! u r doing sooooo good.!!!
    Good night all
  • jacque509
    Options
    Good Morning all,
    Well I logged my food for today and plan to follow it to a T. So last night I was makin dinner and I got home late so I was more than ready to eat. As I was makin my chicken for my salad I so wanted to put more chicken in it... But I was strong and immediatly gave it to my son so I wouldnt eat it. He tought it was sooo funny cause he said that my face was showing my thoughts.
    So everyone ok ?
  • jacque509
    Options
    HAHAHAHA forgot to list my goals for today
    Water!!!
    logged food and keep to it
    Eat my greens
    Walk
    Hope to do 4 out of 4 today