11 pounds lost and thighs are still huge

Options

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Unfortunately life does not consist of all positive, otherwise it would be only rainbows and ponies, with no rain or pony poop.....
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    Unfortunately life does not consist of all positive, otherwise it would be only rainbows and ponies, with no rain or pony poop.....

I don't really understand what you're trying to say with this.

I'm saying that a standard that can't be met is a bad standard.
  • astrampe
    Options
    My tummy still resembles something pouchy, regardless what words you use to describe it.....Calling it "feminine or soft" would not make it look like visible abs, would it? Life has positive and negative, and refusing to use any word that might have a negative connotation is just silly.....
    To some women, even the "nice " word "soft" would be an insult......
  • tomatoey
    Options
    Maybe not everyone can get visible abs without making sacrifices that don't make sense in their lives. Maybe the best thing, to do in that case, is accept it and try to see it as something that's not awful.
  • astrampe
    Options
    So a standard that I can't meet, like running a 5km in under 25 minutes, is a bad standard? For everybody? Does not make any sense.....
  • tomatoey
    Options
    Yeah, it's a bad standard for you, in that case.

If a lot of women can't meet the ideal of super sleek thighs with thigh gap and and a 6 pack, yeah that's a bad standard for most women.
  • tomatoey
    Options
    Obviously, if someone can do it without hurting herself, takes it as a goal and is willing to dedicate herself to it, that's something different. But if it compromises your health, or takes over everything else in your life, or makes you feel really bad about yourself, bad standard.
  • astrampe
    Options
    It is not a "bad" standard, you are using a negative word to describe a standard that is a perfectly easy one for my friend.....Calling her standards bad just because I can't is mean, isn't it? I can lift twice as much as she can, so its ok for her to call my standard bad then?

The world is made up out of millions of people with different dna, talents and looks. Classifying standards as bad or good is silly, recognizing who and what you can achieve or look like is knowledge....
  • tomatoey
    edited March 2015
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    It is not a "bad" standard, you are using a negative word to describe a standard that is a perfectly easy one for my friend.....Calling her standards bad just because I can't is mean, isn't it? I can lift twice as much as she can, so its ok for her to call my standard bad then?

The world is made up out of millions of people with different dna, talents and looks. Classifying standards as bad or good is silly, recognizing who and what you can achieve or look like is knowledge....

Ok well fine, it's ok for your friend, then. I'm just saying, thigh fat is typically something that both really bothers women and is really, really hard to get rid of. So it's more helpful to try to see it as not a bad thing.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Your thighs aren't huge. Come over here, I'll show you some huge thighs. Anyway, I once lost 50 pounds, got to my goal weight, and the last thing to show a big loss were my thighs. Even my butt responded before my thighs did, and even at my goal weight, they were larger than I'd have liked.
  • cherellenjohnson9
    cherellenjohnson9 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    What if I introduced long distance running into my workout routine? Would I still be able to lift heavy and lean out my thighs?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
  • CitrusEscape
    CitrusEscape Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Your thighs are the exact same as mine. I'm 5'6, 131lbs and I'm pear shaped. My thighs have slimmed down by losing weight all over my body. For example, every 2 inches I lose from my waist, I lose 1 inch from my hips and .25 inches from my thighs. If you're afraid that really heavy strength training is bulking up your thighs, then reduce the weight your lifting or just use your body weight.
    I write down my body measurements weekly so this way I know if I'm making progress.
    Good luck!
  • Mapalicious
    Mapalicious Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Girl - you are never going to have spindly sticks. You know how people say "dress for your body shape." I think when you're as trim and fit as you are, you have to work out for your shape, and not try to squish it into something that is not you. Your thighs are hot. My man LOVES my big thighs - which are way larger than yours (as do kitties, puppies, and children). You work them out, and they'll become FIRMER which is sexy also...maybe not smaller.
  • Milotic2015
    Milotic2015 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look fine and your thighs are perfect. I wish my thighs were like that. Countinue lifting girl.
  • krystlestar00
    krystlestar00 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5' and even when I was 135 lbs with abs showing and defined muscles all over my body, I still had big thighs. That's just the way I'm shaped. I've always had wide hips, big thighs, and a big butt, even before having kids.
  • kpw818
    kpw818 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I've struggled with this myself, because while I am fairly petite, I am also curvy petite. My thighs are muscular--this is what you want! If you are lifting/biking/running/etc. it is much better to have legs that can power you through.

Does make finding clothing interesting though. Muscular thighs and calves don't really fit into petite sizing, but I'm too short for regular length :/
  • adcini
    adcini Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Your thighs look great, I wish mine looked like that!

Do you have any of your old clothes from when your weight was higher? Or a measurement of how big your thighs used to be? It might help you visually compare the change, if you're having a hard time seeing it. I know sometimes it's hard to see a difference in yourself, even when it's right in front of you!

I wouldn't stop lifting though. Just keep lifting and moving, and keep up the calorie deficit. If there's any fat left on them, it'll go away eventually. You just need patience.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Seriously, if you think your thighs are fat, tune into the World figure skating Championships this week. That is some serious thigherpower.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I don't think your thighs are huge at all. As many have mentioned you may want to strength train and continue to build muscle. In the process of doing this, the muscle underneath may make your thighs look bigger (temporarily), but once the remaining fat around your thighs come off they'll look lean. If you have been working out your thighs, then this could be very well why you feel this way. But again, I don't personally see them big at all, they seem well proportioned and athletic.