Need healthy recipe ideas pleaseee

Options
hey I'm new here started my journey to lose weight I've been stuck eating the same things over and over. Any healthy recipe ideas ?

Replies

• zuccaro
    zuccaro Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I made this recipe tonight and it was so delicious! Easy and so tasty.....

Saucy Shrimp Saute ‹ Hello Healthy http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/saucy-shrimp-saute/
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com takes up far too much of my spare time. Great recipes for all occasions.
  • osteological
    osteological Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Slender Kitchen also has great recipes! (http://www.slenderkitchen.com/)
  • ChristySua
    ChristySua Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Could you all add me please!
  • tinky452
    tinky452 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi hun welcome and good luck x i make a small steak about 100 grams sliced thin add peppers onions a small tspoon of curry pasre and tinned toms its lovely with a little rice or in a glutten free wrap x
  • tinky452
    tinky452 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Also salmon it tin foil with a little garlic ginger and lemon juice with a nice salad ...i find mixing it up helps ...make something hot with something cold something soft with something crunchy etc x
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Veggie Casserole: Here's a veggie casserole I enjoy...Mix together 4 ounces shredded zuchinni, 4 ounces chopped tomato, 1 shredded carrot, 1 ounce chopped turkey or chicken, 1/4 cup quinoa flakes, 2 tbs grated parm cheese, a dash of garlic salt and black pepper. Microwave on high for 4 minutes, or if you are anti microwave, bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes.

Sweet potatoes: Not really a recipe, but a plain baked potato is super nutritious and yummy.

Beans: I usually make a pot of simple beans on the weekend and we add different stuff to it throughout the week to change it up (like chopped veggies, rice, oats, chopped meats, grated cheese, raisins, or just toss them in a salad for added flavor, etc.). Rinse beans (my favs are pink beans and black eyed peas) and soak in water over night. Rinse and put in pot. Add a box of unsalted stock (chicken, veggie, beef, whatever you like), a large can of crushed tomatoes, garlic salt and black pepper. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium and partial cover. Cook for about 30-60 minutes until beans are done but not mushy.

Roast veggies: Gives them lots of flavor. Toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper, spread on a foil lined cookie sheet, and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Turn over the veggies and cook for another 10-15 minutes. I love roasting potatoes, brussel sprouts, beets, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, butternut squash. I also like roasting a whole bag of frozen okra. Turns out crunchy and is a great low-cal snack. You can eat the whole bag for very few calories.

Pumpkin Protein Bars: I usually make a batch of these each week. Mix dry ingredients (2 cups old fashioned oats, 1/4-1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp baking powder, 2 tbs ground flax seed, 1 tsp apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice, and 1/4 tsp ground ginger. Mix wet ingredients (3 cheetah spotted bananas, mashed, 1 1/2 cup milk, 1/4 cup greek yogurt, 4 whole eggs, 1 tsp vanilla. Combine dry and wet ingredients, and still in 1/2 cup - 1 cup chopped walnuts (or whatever nut you like) and 1/2 cup raisins. Pam a baking dish and pour in mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for about 50 minutes. After cooled, cut into 16 squares and wrap in plastic wrap for grab-and-go bars. Portable oatmeal! About 150 cals per bar.

Some other favs of mine...
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    +1 cup pureed pumpkin to those protein bars.
  • Kalona4
    Kalona4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    zuccaro wrote: »
    I made this recipe tonight and it was so delicious! Easy and so tasty.....

Saucy Shrimp Saute ‹ Hello Healthy http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/saucy-shrimp-saute/

This looks YUMMMY! Adding this to my menu for this weekend.
  • Michelletrk
    Michelletrk Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I like Skinny taste. I just made the stuffed poblano Chili's. So good.
  • vmama415
    vmama415 Posts: 1
    Options
    Too many carbs in everything. Eating healthy is hard...maybe I'll go buy a " healthy cook book". Any suggestions???
  • jangus9416
    jangus9416 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've been getting really tired of eating oatmeal for breakfast, so today I made oatmeal pancakes! It's just 1/4c rolled oats, 1 ripe banana, and 1 egg. I topped it with almond butter and it was delicious! You can also blend those ingredients so it's a smoother batter like normal pancakes. Also, if you have a sweet tooth like me, Amyshealthybaking.com has great clean eating desserts! (And normal recipes too)
  • jcariaga91
    Options
    Thank you all for your help. I will be writing these recipes down & giving them a try !!
  • upwehigh
    upwehigh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One of the best books I have ever purchased has been The Dash Diet Weight Loss Solution. It is written by Marla Heller. I have lost 23 pounds since Jan 1st. Its healthy eating. My biggest thing was portion control but I think I have it under control now.
  • kchezelle
    kchezelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options