When did you start lifting?

Options
2»

Replies

• capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I go to school and they have a lift class three-four times a week that I planned on attending atleast once a week in the beginning. Crazy difficult, but still. I have too much of body fat and strength training seems like the only thing that would help.
  • nicoleromine
    nicoleromine Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was completely inactive when I started my journey, but knew I wanted to lift weights. In preparation of that, I did bodyweight exercises until I felt comfortable with the form of the movements. I've been lifting heavy since October, and I love it! Still, I attribute my success to taking it slow and doing it right. If you're interested in slowly transitioning to lifting heavy with bodyweight exercises, this was my favorite resource: http://www.nerdfitness.com/bodyweight-training-resources/
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    Initially many years ago...on and of course off. This time I did nine months of cardio and then started lifting again.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Too late....
  • orlandodenise
    orlandodenise Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    After 70 pounds I joined a gym and started cardio and swimming every day. After 6 weeks I felt comfortable to try lifting. Now I train for 15 mins most days on the machines and lifting heavier and heavier. Im noticing my body shape changing ! Its amazing how much stronger I am. I can even hang on and support my own bodyweight. I used to last 1 second. Now its 15 lol. Its a gradual thing - I enjoy it and building up slowly :)