That was how many calories??? Guess I should check BEFORE I eat. :)

Options

Replies

• Mynce2
    Mynce2 Posts: 1
    Options
    My problem and addiction is coffee creamer and going out and getting a McDonalds Mocha Frappe... The amount of creamer I was using in my coffee was bad... 365 calories... in my cup at home... for a small frappe from McDonalds, it's 400 Calories.. Argh!!! : :s
  • kpw818
    kpw818 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    ccam99 wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    if I'm going to blow 250 calories I'm going to have a good craft beer.

^ This
  • qwikstreet
    qwikstreet Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Five Guys Cheeseburger with toppings hit me for over 1000 calories on my first weekend logging. That didn't include the fries. Good thing I worked out that morning so I was just a hair over my allowed calorie limit. I guess once a week it is ok to splurge.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    ccam99 wrote: »
    I had a BLT for breakfast today from Wawa thinking it may not be that many calories considering the lettuce and tomato but wow when I logged it in it came up to 450 calories. I did add cheese which I never do at home and I guess I should have left it off. Have you eaten anything and then shook your head when you realized how many calories it cost you?
    I love Wawa BLTs :smiley: I eat at least one a week

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Pot pies. I love them, but good grief they're a calorie bomb. I mean, I didn't expect them to be low in calories, but I never realized how high in calories they are either. I guess it's to be expected since most of it is pie crust, lol. I got one at Perkins once. When I checked the nutrition, it was over 1600 calories and 118 grams of fat...not to mention the sodium which was almost 3000. I about fell off my chair.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    qwikstreet wrote: »
    I guess once a week it is ok to splurge.
    I read in an article a while back that even if you eat fast food (or in our case, go over your calories) once per week, you can gain a couple of pounds a year. After 30 years, that can be a lot of weight! It doesn't seem fair at all, does it? :'(

• jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    1 cup of cashews .. which was almost 700 calories ugh.
    THIS. And I LOVE cashews. :(

• deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    I ate a 740-calorie cookie once. ONE COOKIE. No regrets.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I use rice cakes in place
    lindsayh87 wrote: »
    SueInAz wrote: »
    Yeah, I've done this, too many times to count, really. I think one of the things that really surprised me, though, was the fact that two slices of bread or a hamburger roll are usually upwards of 200 calories. It's gotten to the point that I eat lunch meat without bread and a hamburger patty without a bun most of the time. I'd rather use those 200+ calories on something better.

Check out Aunt Millie's light breads! They have whole wheat and oatmeal breads with 35 calories per slice. They also make buns with about 110 calories each! The bread is pretty tasty too!

I use rice cakes in place of bread all the time. The buttered popcorn flavor just adds salt/butter taste and crunch to anything for just 35 calories. I put PBJ with whipped cream on it, hot ham and cheese with bbq sauce, pizza sauce and pepperoni, etc.

ANd bonus for me since I am terrible at grocery shopping - bread molds before I ever get halfway through it (sometimes before I even open it...), but those rice cakes are like styrofoam and last forever so I can just stock up. Luckily I have low standards for food :)
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I just had a glass of chocolate milk. 210 calories.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Naan Bread which is listed as half a bread is a full serving. So for a little pita looking thing is 190 cals for HALF! I was having 2 of those, with butter! Over 800 cals!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    The amount of calories doesn't surprise me anymore...I just try to fit it in my diary...but.... the amazing high numbers of salt kills it for me.

I just cant have that much salt. My BP sky rocket and my body literally blows up for 2 days. Even with a lot of water. Besides that my doc. goes bananas when he sees my excel sheet with food lol

Really a shame because i follow "as long as it fits in my calorie allowance" life style.
    But eat no added salt or added sugars ( for medical reasons)

So when i eat out, on rare occasions, i pay big time for it. Not even worried about the fluctuations or weight when i do, because i know i stay on track all the way. But health wise it is just crazy that restaurants, fast food centers, and ready to go meals use so much salt....well for me that is lol

• spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    When I first started tracking my calories, casually thrown-together salads put me over my limit more than once. How many calories can a few little tidbits have? Quite a few, I found out. Pre-logging has served me well since then.
  • AndiJH
    AndiJH Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My weakness....milkshakes. Most small 12oz milkshakes are upwards of 750-800 calories
  • auntyp147
    auntyp147 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Dry roasted almonds - 1 serve is 8 individual almonds (not even a handful - unless your a toddler! ) 1 serve = 182 calories. :\
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    I always pre log everything to escape that problem. For instance, my dinner, lunch and snacks have already been out in my diary and I haven't even eaten my breakfast yet. It frees up your mind for the day to concentrate on other things besides counting calories.

BUMP!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    jenmovies wrote: »
    qwikstreet wrote: »
    I guess once a week it is ok to splurge.
    I read in an article a while back that even if you eat fast food (or in our case, go over your calories) once per week, you can gain a couple of pounds a year. After 30 years, that can be a lot of weight! It doesn't seem fair at all, does it? :'(

That's totally wrong. Going over your calories once a week is not a big deal at all if your weekly calories are still at or under maintenance.
  • deamacgray
    deamacgray Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I went to Freshii, which looked like a clean-eating, whole foods restaurant for lunch one day and ordered the Metaboost Wrap. I thought I made a great decision because it had spinach, kale, edamame, almonds,field greens, goat cheese (yum!) with a balsamic vinaigrette... Plus the name 'Metaboost' convinced me it was going to recharge my body with super nutrients! Well, it was delicious but it was also 888 calories!!! On a 1200 calorie a day limit, I was devastated when I realized I used my calories for the day!
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    cadbury cream egg mcflurry. My husband thought we deserved a treat and i thought it's soo small, maybe 400-500 calories. I knew it wasn't healthy or low cal. NOPE 800 calories of delicious guiltiness haha. Lesson learned. I generally prelog everything when i can..
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Basically anything from Starbucks. It's my guilty pleasure when we go on roadtrips, we'll always stop and have 'road coffee'.
    I've now become that person who orders a 'skinny cappuccino with sugar free hazelnut syrup'.
    I never thought I'd order skinny ANYTHING, but I'm not wasting ~300 calories on a drink!