• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Yes, it does.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Bookwitch wrote: »
    Calorie counting never worked for me. I count my carbs. I find that the difference between the calorie number and the carb number is so different, but if you look at the smaller number which would be the carb count then you are more apt to feel better about yourself then looking at the bigger number which is the calorie count. My dietician told me that if you keep track of the carbs, your calories will take care of themselves.

Great if that's working for you but to me that seems as dangerous as weight watchers no points on fruits and veg policy.

Are you not going to find a food that is low in carbs? How many carbs is your limit?

Going off the only food in arms reach. A protein bar, is 35g carbs high or low? Cause for 35 carb I could eat 10 of the bars for 2000 cal which for a lot would be maintenance or above.

For me calories is the main number the most important and the most logical to monitor.
  • Merkavar
    Options
    hhnkhl wrote: »
    Whenever, I end up eating something out of my regular diet plan...I tack on 2000 calories just for the hell of it. This enables me to get back on track and try to becareful.

Do you mean add 2k to your cal budget or to the food?

Say you have some pizza do you record it as 1000 for the pizza plus 2000 for the hell of it?

Punishing yourself or making some foods more costly?

I'm confused. 2000 seems like a lot.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure that it works for everyone that does it correctly.
  • HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Feel better, look better, stronger, sleep better, no meds, no diabetes, better mental health, better sex drive, better relationships with friends, family, and co-workers, no fatigue......yup.
  • nopotofgold
    nopotofgold Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    It makes me go ut to eat less. :persevere:
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    if calorie counting worked 4 me, it should work 4 u

Thanks to counting calories, I weigh less now than I did in middle school. Speak with your doctor if you are sure you're logging everything correctly (as in weighing solids) and not losing.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    It works if you are honest logging your intake.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    For how many this app is working to loose weight?

Hail ya!
  • clubbybear
    clubbybear Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes, down 26 pounds since January 1st counting calories.
  • Merkavar
    Options
    clubbybear wrote: »
    Yes, down 26 pounds since January 1st counting calories.

This jan 1st?

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I've lost nearly 80 pounds since last August, so yes. :) The key is to weigh and measure EVERYTHING, and make sure you are using correct database entries. Usually when people say calorie counting doesn't work for them, it's because they are doing one of those wrong. Also, don't restrict. Fit what you love into your calories.
  • hhnkhl
    hhnkhl Posts: 231 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Whenever, I end up eating something out of my regular diet plan...I tack on 2000 calories just for the hell of it. This enables me to get back on track and try to becareful. Anyway, I have lost 22 lbs in the past 30 days. There were 4 or 5 days where I probably went over 2500 calories, but I think what I ate was the important factor.
    The 4 or 5 random binge days, I ate smoked salmon, burgers without sauce, unsalted fries, fried chicken without skin...etc. However, I went back to my regular diet plan without the urge to eat greasy foods.

Anyway, I dont really count calories since I have a fixed diet plan I follow.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Yup, lost 58 lbs, gained a healthy pregnancy weight and now 9 weeks postpartum I'm 5 lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight.
  • andreamulhall
    andreamulhall Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Works for me
  • alicaramik2
    alicaramik2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    16 lbs. down in just over two months without feeling overly hungry or depriving myself. So, yes, I'd say it works.

• NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options

I was only able to lose about 200 pounds with this app....LOL

73641431.png
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »

I was only able to lose about 200 pounds with this app....LOL

73641431.png

Clearly it's not working for you. Nope. Not one bit.
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I don't count cals I count the macronutrients which will add up to the Cals that I need for the day
  • catcountscals
    Options
    I am starting again after a long absence. Three days in and I appreciate all your posts, which I find inspiring. I resisted calorie counting for years. Now, I find it really eye-opening to see how quickly the sugar number accumulates and it's making me think harder about what I put in my mouth. I think MFP is terrific.