Quest Bars : What's the Hype?

Options

Replies

• AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I second the microwaving for 10-15 seconds. My favorites are the cookie dough, double chocolate chunk, and cookies and cream (haven't nuked this one). GNC has them buy 3 get 1 free right now, so you can get a variety. That's what I did when I first tired them.

Did you need the GNC membership to get the buy 3 get 1 free deal?

Nope :) anyone can get 3 + 1 deal.
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I have found them at GNC and publix (my gym actually sells them at the counter too) and the hype is the fact that they are delicious! Raspberry white chocolate!!
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked on the Quest Chips. Didn't like them at first and the texture took a minute to get used to but I can't stop eating them now.

Still not used to the texture, but the salt and vinegar flavor is grade A!!
  • aryseespieces
    aryseespieces Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have found them at GNC and publix (my gym actually sells them at the counter too) and the hype is the fact that they are delicious! Raspberry white chocolate!!

We don't have a publix in the Midwest- and my gym counter serves red bull and monster for some atrocious reason
  • Tatarataa
    Tatarataa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    HEB grocery market sells them (2 for 5 Dollar), also Sprouts Farmer's market and some of the gyms and sport equipment shops like Authority sports.
    But attention-they can become addictive :O)....
  • Tatarataa
    Tatarataa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    They taste great to my opinion.
  • HappyLifting89
    HappyLifting89 Posts: 17
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I def have enjoyed the ones I tried. A friend of mine said " take these, try em out, they are delicious". So i took her word for it. I found that I thoroughly enjoyed the cookies & cream and raspberry white choc one and cookie dough. Didn't so much enjoy the double choc one, because I am a huge choc fan and choc should taste one way and one way only. MOUTH WATERING. They are pricey but GNC does deals on them sometimes and I think it's cheaper if you order them. Amazon carries them too i believe. It's def an acquired taste to eat them, but they are satisfying and filling.
  • Joyeuxbelle
    Joyeuxbelle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Omg, Quest bars are the best protein bars I've come across thus far. Cookies and Cream is my ultimate flavour. Unfortunately for me, I'm going through some digestive issues at the moment, and the Quest bars may be exacerbating the situation :(

I'm in Aus, so my source won't be of any help to you whatsoever, but if you buy a box online you can save some cash. Maybe have a pal chip in? Some flavours are a bit blah, but you'll find ones you love.

They're highly regarded as, unlike some other protein bars, aren't completely packed full of sugar and unnecessary ingredients. As always, they should be eaten in moderation, or in accordance with your training plan, and not as a meal replacement. They're quite calorie-friendly, however proceed with a bit of caution, and perhaps use as a 'treat', rather than a go-to food, depending on your goals.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,938 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    A highly processed candy bar, yum. Make one yourself, because cheaper.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    My advice is to find a place that sells them individually and try some that way. I don't personally care for most of them and I know some people can't stomach them at all. The best flavors imo are chocolate chip cookie dough and the cookies and creme. They have a lot of fiber and low calories compared to other protein bars, but there's a lawsuit pending regarding the accuracy of the label and whether they under-report calories and over-report fiber so keep that in mind.

Personally I prefer Think Thin. They taste a lot less like artificial sweetener imo. More calories, but worth it to me.
  • lisafrancis888
    lisafrancis888 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Anybody in the UK know where I can get a single bar rather than a 12 pack off Amazon? Thought I would try one out first! Thanks.
  • aryseespieces
    aryseespieces Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Omg, Quest bars are the best protein bars I've come across thus far. Cookies and Cream is my ultimate flavour. Unfortunately for me, I'm going through some digestive issues at the moment, and the Quest bars may be exacerbating the situation :(

I'm in Aus, so my source won't be of any help to you whatsoever, but if you buy a box online you can save some cash. Maybe have a pal chip in? Some flavours are a bit blah, but you'll find ones you love.

They're highly regarded as, unlike some other protein bars, aren't completely packed full of sugar and unnecessary ingredients. As always, they should be eaten in moderation, or in accordance with your training plan, and not as a meal replacement. They're quite calorie-friendly, however proceed with a bit of caution, and perhaps use as a 'treat', rather than a go-to food, depending on your goals.

Thank you!! I'll definitely be using them as a supplement for after my workouts and not a meal replacement!

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Anybody in the UK know where I can get a single bar rather than a 12 pack off Amazon? Thought I would try one out first! Thanks.

No. I was just about to say Holland & Barrett, but they only sell it by the box as well. I know why you ask. What if you don't like the flavour? This is what puts me off.
  • leannejayne1989
    Options
    Yes! The protein pic and mix are a UK company and you can buy them individually or buy a multi pack of twelve different flavours (the Quest 'not so dirty dozen' bundle) - great if you want to try them to see which ones you like http://www.proteinpickandmix.co.uk/
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I got the variety pack on Amazon. I eat them because I'm supposed to be getting at least 80 grams of protein each day and I can't eat that much food (medical reasons.) One Quest bar has 20 grams of protein.
  • shelties1
    shelties1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Cookies and Cream. Microwaved for a few seconds. Enough said!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Ooh variety pack! I'm sold. Thank you muchness!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Yes! The protein pic and mix are a UK company and you can buy them individually or buy a multi pack of twelve different flavours (the Quest 'not so dirty dozen' bundle) - great if you want to try them to see which ones you like http://www.proteinpickandmix.co.uk/

Sweet bajesus that website is AMAZING! it makes everything look so yummy...
  • rhonderoo
    rhonderoo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    It took me a while to get used to the taffy-like consistency of them, but I've come to like the coconut cashew and the lemon pie, especially. If you microwave, take them out of the package first! (I learned the hard way, lol). The chocolate chunk microwaved for about 10 seconds does taste a lot like a real cookie.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'm hooked on the Quest Chips. Didn't like them at first and the texture took a minute to get used to but I can't stop eating them now.

I saw they had chips!!! I definitely would not eat the serving size on those! :(

I know those feels! If you try them I'd suggest going with BBQ, Sour Cream and/or Sea Salt and Vinegar. Those seem to be the popular flavors and I have to agree with them.