Options
13»

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    OMG can the people encouraging this woman take a look at her diary?? She is starving herself, and here you all are encouraging her after that has already been pointed out. Most days she's already under 50g of carbs, and often under 10g of fat.

Ouch

Ha, yeah, might have come on a bit strong. I'd just gotten in from a 10km walk and I was hungry :p. But, still, when it's already been pointed out that someone is severely restricting their calorie intake...(yeah, I know, a lot of people just read the first post and add their 2 cents worth without reading the rest of the thread, that irks me too!).
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    OMG can the people encouraging this woman take a look at her diary?? She is starving herself, and here you all are encouraging her after that has already been pointed out. Most days she's already under 50g of carbs, and often under 10g of fat.

cxWOuBz.gif

Context is very important when discussing matters of nutrition and fitness.

• Nony_Mouse
    Options

Ouch

Ha, yeah, might have come on a bit strong. I'd just gotten in from a 10km walk and I was hungry :p. But, still, when it's already been pointed out that someone is severely restricting their calorie intake...(yeah, I know, a lot of people just read the first post and add their 2 cents worth without reading the rest of the thread, that irks me too!).

I wasn't saying you came on strong. Ouch to the number of calories.

Oh, whew :). And yeah, it's pretty scary isn't it :\.

Lauren, I really do hope you take my advice.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options

What do you recommend then? When you've been so big before your scared of putting it all back on.

As mentioned "seeing your doctor first, and arranging appointments with a dietician and a therapist through them." By Nony_Mouse.

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/

Also being consistent with your logging to see where you are struggling and also be sure you are consuming the correct amount of calories and nutrients.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/819055/setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets/p1

• laurengilbert08
    laurengilbert08 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Ouch

Take a look at my dairy for today and the rest of the week, I have took what you said on board and researched a lot!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

Ouch

Take a look at my dairy for today and the rest of the week, I have took what you said on board and researched a lot!

Under 1000 calories for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday is what I see, with Wednesday only 600 and something. Please, get help.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Use the whole egg not just egg whites, most of the nutrition is in the yolk.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Mistizoom wrote: »
    OP, if you are interested in talking to others who eat low carb, please join us in the Low Carber Daily Forum: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

As for the benefits re: neurological issues, the book Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar--Your Brain's Silent Killers by Dr. David Perlmutter addresses those issues pretty well. There is a reason why Alzheimer's is called "type 3 diabetes".

Grain Brain? Are you serious?
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

Ouch

Under 1000 calories for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday is what I see, with Wednesday only 600 and something. Please, get help.

This. I had my concerns just on the first post alone ("It takes over your life" is very disordered thinking) and am so grateful to Nony_Mouse for catching the documented undereating.

OP. Stop thinking about weightloss altogether. You need to focus on your health, which right now means finding a therapist trained in the treatment of Eating Disorders.
  • Amy512tx
    Amy512tx Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm trying to do low carb high protien/ fat. Is this the best way for weight loss? What are the best macros???

I lost over 120 lbs by just cutting my carbs and exercising. However, I've hit a plateau now and am starting to count calories.
  • laurengilbert08
    laurengilbert08 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Amy512tx wrote: »
    I'm trying to do low carb high protien/ fat. Is this the best way for weight loss? What are the best macros???

I lost over 120 lbs by just cutting my carbs and exercising. However, I've hit a plateau now and am starting to count calories.
    That's great! Congrats! You look amazing