7--- 18.05mi
    8--- 6mi --- (Weekly total: 56.3 miles)
    9--- REST DAY
    10--- 10mi
    11--- 8mi
    12--- 8mi
    13--- 7mi
    14--- 20mi
    15--- 7mi --- (Weekly total: 60.0 miles)
    16--- REST DAY
    17--- 8mi
    18--- 7 mi
    19--- 8 mi
    20--- 7mi
    21--- 14.4mi
    22--- 6mi --- (Weekly total: 50.4 miles)
    23--- REST DAY
    24--- 10mi
    25--- 8mi

Done: 190.7/200mi goal
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    @fabnine‌ - hope you had a nice break! From your profile picture I am guessing that winter isn't quite finished with you yet even though the stars say it is now spring! There have been a lot of updates and good discussions going on - more than I can keep up with at times!
    @dennie24‌ - I could not run with a migraine. I do know that I get relief from stress related headaches with running but never a migraine. Awesome that you made it through 2.5 at a decent pace (doesn't matter what MFP says)!
    @Elise4270‌ - I have 3 nails in the process of coming off or growing back. Not happy with it at all :( it is the one part of running I really dislike!
  • nulife9727
    Options
    exercise.png

2 Mar - 4.13
    3 Mar - 4.11
    5 Mar - 4.17
    6 Mar - 3.67
    7 Mar - 3.6
    11 Mar - 3.5
    12 Mar - 3.5
    13 Mar - 2.0
    18 Mar - 3.45
    19 Mar - 3.65
    20 Mar - 3.65
    22 Mar - 1.5 (walk)
    23 Mar - 4.1
    24 Mar - 4.11
    25 Mar - 4.2
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    I have 3 nails in the process of coming off or growing back. Not happy with it at all :( it is the one part of running I really dislike!
    Oh my! I haven't heard of this before. I don't think I want to know!

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    I have 3 nails in the process of coming off or growing back. Not happy with it at all :( it is the one part of running I really dislike!

Lol! Its a rite of passage! I'm anxious to lose mine. I saw where someone had a gross necklace made of ones lost.

Click if u dare! Ew. I'm NOT keeping mine should it fall off.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_E1tEsdn7gHE/ReycOz8dMgI/AAAAAAAAAIM/vB6IW_5AZpw/s1600-h/toenail_necklace_labeled.jpg
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Lol! Its a rite of passage! I'm anxious to lose mine. I saw where someone had a gross necklace made of ones lost.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_E1tEsdn7gHE/ReycOz8dMgI/AAAAAAAAAIM/vB6IW_5AZpw/s1600-h/toenail_necklace_labeled.jpg

I paint my toenails funky colors. I'll never forget looking down one morning in the shower after a long run and realizing that one of the ten toes had lost its nail polish ... nope ... the whole nail was gone - was in my sock. Freaky. It didn't hurt, which was even freakier. But that's the only time that's happened to me, thank goodness. I like my toenails. (I will not be opening that link, btw, lol.)
  • Elise4270
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »

I paint my toenails funky colors. I'll never forget looking down one morning in the shower after a long run and realizing that one of the ten toes had lost its nail polish ... nope ... the whole nail was gone - was in my sock. Freaky. It didn't hurt, which was even freakier. But that's the only time that's happened to me, thank goodness. I like my toenails. (I will not be opening that link, btw, lol.)

Lol! It is about as gross as smokeless tobacco spit in a cup! Urp! Do not blame you!

My husband had one last October training for a HM. It never fell off, was loose and apparently reseated once he quit running.
  • dfnewcombe
    dfnewcombe Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Goal 60
    Date……Miles.…Total..Miles to go
    March 3….3.4 .……. 3.4…56.6
    March 4….2.0………5.4....54.6
    March 5…..6.2……11.6…..48.4
    March 7…..1.4…….13.0….47.0
    March 9…...3.0..….16.0….44.0
    March 10….4.0......20.0.…40.0
    March 11.…5.0…….25.0.…35.0
    March 12….8.0……33.0.....27.0
    March 15…..3.1…..36.1…..23.9
    March 16…..3.1…..39.2…..20.8
    March 17……3.1…..42.3….17.7
    March 19……9.0…..51.3……8.7
    March 23……1.5…..52.8…..7.2
    March 24…….2.6…..55.4….4.6
    March 25…….2.2……57.6…2.4
    Ugh, I should be done….. having serious shin splints and can’t do anything right now….. 

exercise.png
  • SBRRepeat
    SBRRepeat Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Proud to say I have yet to lose or blacken a toenail.
    Maybe that means I'm not trying hard enough... :(

Alright guys, I know you were waiting with bated breath to hear this: I finally went back and figured out my mileage for this month. Best I can figure, based on my sloppy reporting methods, I'm at 90.2/100 for the month.
    That includes tonight's 3.8 mile run around the neighborhood after a few days off. I've been knocked out of commission by an astoundingly awful head cold that I picked up on that Frontier flying cesspool.

Makes me a little nervous, because I'm running my next half marathon in 3 days... Run the Bluegrass at Keeneland Racetrack!
  • Elise4270
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @dfnewcombe‌ ow, I do too. Takes so long for it to heal. I changed shoes and it helped for a while. Seems I get medial pain if I'm logging more than 10 miles a week. And forget the treadmill, half mile on it and I'm done. I have compression sleeves, but forget them routinely.

Today I found that putting more of my weight on the inside of my foot (from heel to big toe, rather than heel to 3- 4th metatarsal) helped some.

Have you found anything that helps you?

@SBRRepeat‌ maybe you just have an even strike, your doing something right! Nice mileage! Good luck on the HM.
  • dfnewcombe
    Options
    @Elise4270‌ It just started Monday, and I knew better. I work nights every weekend. I never run after working a night, but one of the nurses I work with wanted to run after work. I thought it would be fun to run with someone as I usually go alone. We only went a mile and a half, but it ached then. I went home and slept. I work with a trainer and she has had me roll and trigger point.

I am about ready for new shoes, so I will go get them. It will at least make me happy, if not make me feel better. Who doesn't like new running shoes?

I am getting ready for a half-marathon May 2nd. While I have been upping the miles, I am also doing strength training which I thought until now had me the most comfortable I had been in getting ready for a half. I am a very late bloomer to this whole running thing- I learn more as I go and in the early days, I had no idea how to prevent the common injuries- and have had all the "just rest and wait it out" aches and pains. Fortunately, I have had nothing permanent.

Since I am at 10 miles, I am so hoping that this turns around quickly so that I can continue getting ready for the half. Keeping my fingers crossed..... Any other suggestions??
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    SBRRepeat wrote: »

Alright guys, I know you were waiting with bated breath to hear this: I finally went back and figured out my mileage for this month. Best I can figure, based on my sloppy reporting methods, I'm at 90.2/100 for the month.
    That includes tonight's 3.8 mile run around the neighborhood after a few days off. I've been knocked out of commission by an astoundingly awful head cold that I picked up on that Frontier flying cesspool.

Makes me a little nervous, because I'm running my next half marathon in 3 days... Run the Bluegrass at Keeneland Racetrack!

I'll be there too :)
  • SBRRepeat
    Options
    SBRRepeat wrote: »

I'll be there too :)

Awesome! I've never run it before, but I'm looking forward to the course- have you ever run it?
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options

exercise.png

3 mile -1mile pickups
  • SBRRepeat
    Options
    @Elise4270‌ I'm actually a pretty solid heel striker. I've shifted more to a mid foot strike as my running developed, but I still slip into my natural gait when fatigue sets in. It's ungainly and arguably bad for me, but at least I still have my toenails!
    And, thanks!
  • johnsonnelly
    johnsonnelly Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    March 1 -Rest
    March 2 - 4 miles
    March 3 - 5.1 miles (furthest run to date)
    March 4-6th - Rest arches, I pulled them jumping rope.
    March 7 - 4 miles OUTSIDE!!! It was so warm here, I was surprised!
    March 8 - 4 miles (plus a hike on the mountain)
    March 9 - 3.1 miles (5k OUTSIDE!!, plus a 2 mile walk and weight training)
    March 10 - 2.25 miles (It was hard to run tonight....)
    March 11 - 3.1 miles (5k)
    March 12 - 3.1 miles (5k, outside and the pace was MUCH different than on the treadmill. It was 9:47 mpm versus the almost 12 that I get on the machine)
    March 13 - 2 miles (night before first 5k race)
    March 14 - 3.1 miles (5k) I feel great about most of my first race! I ran my fastest mile time so far (8:56 mpm) and was on track to *maybe* place but ended up with a side stitch right in the middle that slowed me way down for about 1/2 mile (I need to fine tune what I should eat on race mornings) so my finish time was right at 30 minutes. I *think* this is a decent time for a first 5k race?? :)
    March 15 - 4 miles
    March 16 - 3.1 miles (5k)
    March 17 - 3.1 miles (5k)
    March 18 - 22 Traveling and horrible stomach flu
    March 23 - 2 miles (Wanted to make sure my stomach could handle it)
    March 24 - 4 miles
    March 25 - 3.1 miles (5k)

exercise.png
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    4 treadmill miles
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    4 treadmill miles.
    exercise.png
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    @dfnewcombe‌ and @Elise4270‌ - I used to have shin splints too and the doctor told me 2 things - 1) I needed to replace my shoes (at the time they had close to 600 miles on them) and 2) Apply ice multiple times a day. I found making little ice cups (in paper dixie cups) worked best as I could tear down the paper, still have part to hold onto and be able to really rub the ice into my shin where the pain was. It took time but it definitely helped and I haven't had them since. I also replace my shoes much more frequently now too.

@ddmom0811‌, @SBRRepeat‌, @Elise4270‌, @4leighbee‌ - I had one nail turn black after my 1st half and after that I bought shoes a 1/2 size larger and never had a problem. When I had to switch away from my favorite Asics, the fit on the Altras I replaced them with was different and I damaged the 3 I have lost or losing now... It also could have had something to do with the hilly halfs I ran... I would never ever keep the nails - that is too gross to even think about and no I am not opening that link either!
  • dfnewcombe
    Options
    Thanks @shanaber‌ I will get new shoes~ I am usually pretty good about that, but these may be getting up in miles if I am really almost half ready.... After my short sore run today, I went to my trainer and got stretched and rolled- hurt so good kind of a thing- had an arm workout and then a 20minute not too terribly aggressive stationery bike ride. Took a walk this evening which did not bother anything. Hoping it all settles down. Getting the ice out now!