Peanut butter ??

Options

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Here we all are rambling on, and the op hasn't bothered to come back...
  • LookAWalrus
    LookAWalrus Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I had a pb&j sandwich for dinner and now I want another. :( So tasty
  • taylormoooon
    taylormoooon Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I wish we had Pb2 here. I tried the "natural" low salt/sugar PB the other week, it was bloody disgusting! I threw the whole jar in the trash :cry:
    I wish we had Pb2 here. I tried the "natural" low salt/sugar PB the other week, it was bloody disgusting! I threw the whole jar in the trash :cry:

i did the same thing ! yuck! ... order the good stuff on line :) i believe i saw it on amazon

I always get it there! It's cheaper than buying it in the store too I think! You should try it OP :)
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Yeah, but our rambling is about Peanut Butter. There's few topics more worthy.
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options

Natural PB is an acquired taste. I had to cut out as much sugar as possible when I was pregnant a few years ago and got accustomed to it then. But I remember thinking the whole first jar was pretty blegh, then I was neutral on the second jar, by the time I got threw the third jar it was good. (obviously over the course of several months) Now I strongly prefer it! Even my 4 year old calls it the yummy peanut butter.. lol Only my husband still eats the other kind.

I love the one where the only ingredient is peanuts..

I should go back and give it a try. Stick it out this time.
    Admittedly I didn't even try it on bread. I ate it straight out the jar, and was not impressed. It probably would taste better on toast with butter.

My favorite was on apples with a little bit of drizzled honey.. Though, I'll eat it on a spoon out of the jar.. lol

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I usually do almond or cashew butter but I make peanut butter for my kids and they love it. Our favorite snack is a peanut butter spoon!!
  • Christine_72
    Options
    exwilson wrote: »
    Yeah, but our rambling is about Peanut Butter. There's few topics more worthy.

Haha this is true.
    This thread has also made me have a few tablespoons of it every time I walk in the kitchen :confounded::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Cuz peanut butter and apples!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I have PB pretty much every morning for breakfast.
    (Because I don't like to think when I'm not really awake, and PB on a slice of bread, with a
    glass of skim milk, a banana, and sometimes yogurt, is easy & quick, takes no thought.)
    I really should have a larger breakfast (closer to 600-700 calories, instead of 400), but I'm
    usually not hungry first thing.
  • Astharteea
    Astharteea Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Try and buy the peanut butter from the health store. The ones where you go and put the fresh peanuts in the machine, push the button and peanut butter comes out. It is usually dirt cheap too. I prefer to do that instead of reading 7000 labels.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    slucki01 wrote: »
    it tastes great, has lots of protein and good fat, and you get a big bang for your buck with 1-2 tablespoons. If you like it, you can make it fit in your macros

2 tablespoons (weighed out on a food scale!) for 190 calories is not a bang for my buck. lol. It is a minuscule amount of food for almost 200 calories.
  • WahachankaKicin
    Options
    i loooooooooove peanut butter.

i use the PB2 for my fix though - im not willing to sacrifice that many calories usually for the real stuff, most times LOLOL

But if I were going to eat, say a PB & J sammich..... it'd be the real stuff! LOL!

PB2 Is Not Whole Real Food When I talk about the foods I eat, I tell people I want to choose the most nutrient dense foods on the planet and PB2 is just not one of them. The beauty of a peanut is that it contains all of the nutrients nature intended. It has a healthy dose of fat, protein and vitamins. PB2 extracts almost all of the essential monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, leaching the vitamin E content which is fat soluble, therefore reducing the nutritional content of the whole food. The fat is what keeps you satisfied and reduces cravings making just a tablespoon of real peanut butter so satisfying. This powdered form looks pretty clean when you review the ingredients, but it’s just another way for manufacturers to trick you into thinking less calories is better for you. They have to add a mixture of sugar and salt into the powder to make it taste better without the fat. I know I’d rather have the fat vs. the sugar and salt!

PB2 Is Not Organic. Conventional peanuts are some of the most heavily sprayed crops ever. The amount of toxic pesticides sprayed on peanuts is suspected to have caused the increase in peanut allergies. As you know, peanuts have a very thin and porous outer layer and shell that allows toxins in easily. These toxins are not something you can wash off. Remember increased exposure to pesticides are linked to birth defects, nerve damage and cancer. The President’s Cancer Panel has urged us not to consume food sprayed with pesticides and doesn’t believe any amount is safe...........
  • arditarose
    Options

i use the PB2 for my fix though - im not willing to sacrifice that many calories usually for the real stuff, most times LOLOL

But if I were going to eat, say a PB & J sammich..... it'd be the real stuff! LOL!

PB2 Is Not Whole Real Food When I talk about the foods I eat, I tell people I want to choose the most nutrient dense foods on the planet and PB2 is just not one of them. The beauty of a peanut is that it contains all of the nutrients nature intended. It has a healthy dose of fat, protein and vitamins. PB2 extracts almost all of the essential monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, leaching the vitamin E content which is fat soluble, therefore reducing the nutritional content of the whole food. The fat is what keeps you satisfied and reduces cravings making just a tablespoon of real peanut butter so satisfying. This powdered form looks pretty clean when you review the ingredients, but it’s just another way for manufacturers to trick you into thinking less calories is better for you. They have to add a mixture of sugar and salt into the powder to make it taste better without the fat. I know I’d rather have the fat vs. the sugar and salt!

PB2 Is Not Organic. Conventional peanuts are some of the most heavily sprayed crops ever. The amount of toxic pesticides sprayed on peanuts is suspected to have caused the increase in peanut allergies. As you know, peanuts have a very thin and porous outer layer and shell that allows toxins in easily. These toxins are not something you can wash off. Remember increased exposure to pesticides are linked to birth defects, nerve damage and cancer. The President’s Cancer Panel has urged us not to consume food sprayed with pesticides and doesn’t believe any amount is safe...........

You feel strongly about peanuts, I see.

I went back through the thread briefly but I didn't see anyone saying that PB2 was clean or organic? Maybe I missed it.
  • WahachankaKicin
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I went back through the thread briefly but I didn't see anyone saying that PB2 was clean or organic? Maybe I missed it.

I want people to be informed on what they are buying, unlike most I care for the health of others It's important people understand that major manufactures are trying to starve all of us by depleting the nutrients from the food we eat..
  • arditarose
    Options

I want people to be informed on what they are buying, unlike most I care for the health of others It's important people understand that major manufactures are trying to starve all of us by depleting the nutrients from the food we eat..

Okay well....Thanks? I like PB2 though.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options

A couple of decades ago, we were advised that saccharine was implicated in causing cancer. Not too long ago, research has apparently suggested (pending further study) that saccharine may be useful in treating aggressive cancers. Margarine was once thought to be better for us than butter. Eggs were supposed to make our cholesterol climb.

My suggestion would be to eat what you think tastes good and not pay attention to the "President's Cancer Panel." I would respectfully suggest that the president is not a physician or a researcher and that people who support any president's position are bound to be biased. (I would also suggest that peanut allergies are like any other allergies and that the recent research that indicates that children who are exposed to peanuts early in life are less likely to develop allergies is on the right track.)
  • WahachankaKicin
    Options

Okay well....Thanks? I like PB2 though.

Well I can only give out the info to people, your decision on how you treat your body...As for me I'll stick with my sugar free, salt free, GMO free Pb :)

• classicalbk
    classicalbk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Make sure your nut butter has no added sugar/corn syrup. Try to develop a taste for nut butter that is only nuts (and perhaps a little salt). That said the weight fell off faster when I quit my daily almond butter and apple snack.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I eat peanut butter cos I love the taste, but not the calories. Nor do I eat it for it's nutritional content. .. which is why I'll go the PB2 route :wink: