I started my 1500 calorie a week ago no results

Options
I have started my 1500 calorie diet a week ago and have been drinking only water, is it too soon to weigh in and expect a 1 pound weight loss result? I am eating alot healthier and alot less calories than I used to. and have started some light exercise which Im usually not active at all. Any advice is much appreciated since this is all new to me.

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    One week is not enough time to determine anything. Relax. That being said, you seem like you are new to the process so one thing i highly recommend is weighing food. Most people eat more than what they think without doing so.
  • samivenbutterfly
    samivenbutterfly Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Everybody is different and depends on how much you have to loose. I went 2 weeks recently with no loss, then only 1 lb the next week. BE PATIENT! If you are in a calorie deficit AND weighing your food and exercising, the weight will come off.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    Options
    1. It might be too soon.
    2. It's not a bad idea to increase your activity level.
    3. If you don't start losing weight in the next week or two, you might consider lowering your calorie limit. Many of us here are on 1200/day.
  • mimikins2412
    mimikins2412 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You need to give it more time than one week. Also how did you arrive at the 1500 calories? Measure and log your food diligently, keep increasing your activity and you will get results.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    New exercise routine - expect water retention (also applies to increased intensity in workouts)
    Not weighing food - possibly eating more than you realize
    Weight fluctuates a lot. Which is why it's a good idea to wait a few weeks (I recommend at least 4) before you determine if something is working or not. Also along the lines of fluctuations, don't be surprised if you see a gain around that TOM.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself and find out.

But I would say with all changes like this give it 3-5 weeks then adjust.

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    If you're expecting results that quickly, you may be setting yourself up for a pretty big disappointment... It takes being consistent for months to achieve (many) goals.

And, no, not all of us are doing 1200 calories! I'm doing about te same as you, 1400-1500 most days.
  • Sydking
    Sydking Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    1 week? hahah what a joke

Come back in a few months
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Way too soon. Also, weight fluctuations of a few pounds are normal, so it's best to look at long term weight trends to determine if your current plan is working.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    The-Ring-naomi-watts-32958630-498-274.gif
  • upgradeddiddy
    upgradeddiddy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    If your goal is just to lose weight, then yes too soon. If you are looking to have an overall healthier lifestyle and properly track your diet, then yes you should be checking once every 1-2 weeks.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    If your goal is just to lose weight, then yes too soon. If you are looking to have an overall healthier lifestyle and properly track your diet, then yes you should be checking once every 1-2 weeks.

Can you please explain?

plus what should she be checking?
  • Talareeg
    Talareeg Posts: 2
    Options
    Be patient
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Relax. It is one week. We are talking about a life time. Patience.
  • hhnkhl
    hhnkhl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Well, obviously you are overeating if not maintaining. If you arent going to keep a proper record of your foods...just eat bananas, tofu, tomatoes, beef.
    Thats what I did because I got lazy with the food measuring and I lost over 10 kgs in over a month.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    hhnkhl wrote: »
    Well, obviously you are overeating if not maintaining. If you arent going to keep a proper record of your foods...just eat bananas, tofu, tomatoes, beef.
    Thats what I did because I got lazy with the food measuring and I lost over 10 kgs in over a month.

After one week it could be one of any number of factors. If it continues on for another 2-3 weeks, then we can more definitively say that's the case.
  • aimeelm1605
    Options
    Sydking wrote: »
    1 week? hahah what a joke

Come back in a few months
    Bit harsh! Maybe consider lowering your calorie allowance and just give it more time hun x
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    hhnkhl wrote: »

That doesn't make sense. You could gain weight eating those things if you ate enough of them.

OP - patience is a good thing to develop right now.