Your cheat meal this week

Options
Share your cheat meal/day that you are having this week. What is keeping you motivated to stay on track and save your calories for?

There's a halal food cart that I haven't had in months! I get the lamb and chicken combo over rice with the most delicious white sauce. It's so much food (six bucks with a soda- can't beat it).

Replies

• Vune
    Vune Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    It's not so much a cheat, but I've been sick all weekend, couldn't eat a thing yesterday, and have three appointments today. I stopped at a local bakery on my walk home from the hospital (appt #1 was my biweekly procrit shot), and got a roast beef sub on fresh Portuguese bread, which came with a tiny, single serving bag of original Lay's, and some pastry thing that I had never seen before. I cut both into quarters, and I'm grazing on both all day, along with fruit. I really have to limit my portion sizes, or else my stomach never stops hurting.
  • daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    flexible dieting ftw!! that way your cheat meal cravings dont get out of hand. But hot chips & ice cream are my go to :disagree:
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    My cheat day is Saturday. Buttermilk pancakes for breakfast and going to a friends for dinner she is making homemade chicken potpie and I am having a piece of our homemade cheesecake. Only going 200 cals over for the day . I am so excited!
  • littlebee55
    littlebee55 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I had a cheat day today. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and a cup of tomato basil bisque. I was really sick the past 4 days and was craving fried food something fierce. I only went 172 calories over. I was thrilled :-)
  • Joyeuxbelle
    Joyeuxbelle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I usually have a cheat meal once a week, on a Saturday night and I've got two faves I like to alternate with. One is homemade spaghetti bolognase, with garlic bread (half a loaf haha), and the other is homemade mini pizzas, topped with a variety of vegies, ham, salami, cheese and baked on pita bread - I usually put away three of those. Absolutely worth it! I'll top everything off with an inhumane amount of chocolate afterwards.

On Saturdays and Sundays I usually do a high amount of cardio, so it sort of negates the extra calories, and certainly provides the motivation to do the hard work so I can have a glorious meal at the end of it :)
  • katiejanecollins
    katiejanecollins Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Chinese take out and chocolate for me this Saturday!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Country fried steak and mashed potatoes.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    My cheat meal will be tonight. I'm going to dinner with my friend to a Lebanese restaurant. Its my first time having this type of food. I believe I will still be able to stay within my allotted calories though. Lebanese food seems fairly healthy.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Not cheating if stay in within your daily calories. Its a good thought though.

DO not considered it a cheat, consider it not the normal meal you eat everyday so it is a treat and a cheat!
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    daniebanks wrote: »
    flexible dieting ftw!! that way your cheat meal cravings dont get out of hand. But hot chips & ice cream are my go to :disagree:

+1

Reese's peanut butter pieces in a coconut flour and orange cream whey mixture along with sliced banana later tonight. Probably fit in some peanut butter cups tomorrow.
  • mzjenn2u
    mzjenn2u Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    flexible dieting is amazzzzing.....random goodies here and there and USUALLY fit in my macros and cals....i slack up a bit more on the weekend but also do more cardio so it works out....ive recently become obsessed with frozen yogurt with all the goodies on top :-) and cornbread lol
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a craft beer festival. My cheat is all the stouts and porters that are available to try.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point in decreasing my weekly deficit by 'cheating'. It all seems a bit buzzword trendy to me.

Today is pre-logged. This evening I will be eating a full tub of lick banana and honey froyo with a Reese's nut bar. No cheats.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I don't have cheat meals. The word cheat makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong.

I just work hard to make what I want fit into my day. I had gelato last night.

If I am going somewhere that I know I'll be doing some damage - I just skip lunch and have a light breakfast that day, so I can relax and enjoy myself.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Eh, my cheat meals fit into my calories and leave my deficit intact. I call them cheat meals because they're usually fantastically full of fried food calorie goodness that I have to bank for, which means I don't eat them every day.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I'm not having a cheat meal, but I do have a Cadbury Creme Egg planned for Saturday that I plan to eat and log.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I don't have one. Been enjoying some ice cream, chocolate, burgers, pasta, pastries, donuts and more within my calories.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I don't have one. Been enjoying some ice cream, chocolate, burgers, pasta, pastries, donuts and more within my calories.
    This, although not as much ice cream... maybe because there's still snow outside :/
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat meals and don't even understand the reasoning. I eat what appeals to me while staying under my goal calories.

I have splurged and overeaten on a rare occasion like a family gathering or holiday.

The last time I purposely allowed myself to go off my diet was 24 hours on Christmas.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I don't have a "cheat" day, but I do a weekly refeed day during my cut when I eat up to maintenance calories and don't pay much attention to macros as long as I get at least 100 g protein. Refeed day is Saturday and I plan on having:

Breakfast: McDonalds egg white delight, parfait
    Lunch: Subway oven roasted chicken on herbs & cheese bread with some swiss cheese, spinach, and mustard along with a bag of baked BBQ chips
    Snack: Quest bar with dark chocolate peanut butter
    Dinner: Bellacinos personal pepperoni pizza with parmesan on top
    Dessert: Burger King vanilla ice cream cone

That adds up to 2023 calories (264c/67f/109p). Yeah, not much of an exciting "cheat." If I'm not doing a strict cut, I'll do a monthly fattycake weekend where I eat pretty much whatever I want. It never resulted in a gain, and boy is it fun. I typically go for things like IHOP or Chick-fil-A for breakfast, some type of burger and fries or a huge sub for lunch, Olive Garden or Outback for dinner (and appetizer and dessert), and plenty of delicious treats thrown in between. Donuts, chocolate, and ice cream are favorites of mine. I can usually work smaller portions of these things in on regular weekends, but going all out every so often is just fun.