10 pounds lighter and tighter by April - Support thread!

Replies

• jlkermode
    jlkermode Posts: 82 Member
    huango wrote: »
    Aw poopie.
    78days of no night-time snacking streak ended today. (Darn work). Was working (when I should have gone to bed) when DH came home from a Revolutions (NEngland soccer) PR event with goodies: big fat chocolate chip cookies and chocolate-covered pretzels. --- Tomorrow's another day.

Darn it, I was hoping to reward myself with a Stella/Dots necklace charm on Day 100.

@jlkermode‌:
    You're on a roll!
    Keep up the good job!

Amanda

After 78 days- you deserve a break!! Nice job making it so far!

• SDB210
    SDB210 Posts: 100 Member
    I'm 23 pounds down! I'm feeling so proud this is the first time I've ever actually stuck to a food plan and succeeded! Still got another 11 to go till I reach my goal.
    qdjfdjbm1x0o.jpg
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    @stepherz84‌
    You look fantastic!
    WTG!
    Keep up the great hard work!
  • jlkermode
    Wow- a wk left until April!! I can't believe how supportive and awesome being a part of this group has been! Looking forward to keeping it going! I'll save my final weigh in numbers for next wk, but I had a great NSV this morning.

Two years ago (yup two whole years!) when I was 30 lbs heavier, I bought a super nice Calvin Klein pencil skirt for work. I have no idea why I bought it- it was SO TIGHT I couldn't even sit down. Worse, it's white, so every roll and thigh dimple showed! I never wore it and I actually forgot I even had it... Until today! Just on a whim, I found it in the back of my closet and tried it on and it fit perfectly!! It was even a little loose! I wore it proudly and got comments on how nice it was all day :)

Just a reminder that, no matter what the scale says, trust the process!!
  • LilMissTucknRoll
    LilMissTucknRoll Posts: 105 Member
    Wow! Everyone is doing so well!! We are almost done. These are the changes seen as of the 12th. f179b17tmefy.jpg
  • I want to push myself to drop last ten pounds before I go on holiday April 30th !! Gonna be tough !!!!!! But so determined :wink:
  • faelight
    faelight Posts: 58 Member
    @faelight‌ hope you are feeling better! It is never fun to have the tummy bug, and even worse with dehydration. Get better before anything else!

@jlkermode‌ awesome work! Patience is a virtue, huh?!

Ladies GAME ON!

Thank you and also everyone who sent me your well wishes!! The second half of this month really took a toll on me!! I lost 7lbs due to severe food poisoning!

I have since gained a pound or two back now that I'm eating normal food again...and just 3 lbs away from meeting my "10lb lighter" goal! It's hard to really hold myself to it since my eating and activity was so skewed for 10 days of being so ill...

I'd love to keep our support group going strong together for whatever our goals end up being and evolving to as we cross the April 1 date... Any suggestions? Maybe I can make a new thread, the Lighter and Tighter folks...Having a shared goal was wonderful though and I'd like to just provide the space for us to share together however it works for you. I know I'll be continuing on, with the goals of being more active and losing maybe 5lb!

I'm proud of everyone here for your accomplishments!!! :smile:
  • jlkermode
    Hi all- so I love Chalene Johnson and have her PiYo DVD and follow her on IG. She is starting a 7 day Eat Clean & Train Mean challenge! Get the free ebook here:
    - https://teamjohnson.infusionsoft.com/app/linkClick/8829/fd664b395fefbdcf/51027798/f14979067a3cb459

It's free, people! And it has recipes too! I'm gonna do this and would love for our Lighter & Tighter community to try it out too! Let me know if you do it and we can keep each going for the next wk!
  • jgrabowski33
    jgrabowski33 Posts: 19 Member
    @faelight definitely make another thread! Or maybe a group, but I'm not sure how that works.

This week has been rough- super busy at work, and I didn't work out as much as I would have liked. That being said, I'm down two more pounds despite it! That brings me to 10 pounds lost during this challenge, just in time for April! Looking forward, I would like to lose another 10 by the end of May before our vacation to the Outer Banks!
  • sellerskennington
    sellerskennington Posts: 77 Member
    @faelight‌ we could just keep on this group and update ourselves the info or start a new group...10 by June 10...so glad you are back on your feet!

I have not weighed myself in a bit. I was seriously in a huge black hole and didn't workout or anything. I am pretty sure, and deserve, no change. Now that spring is ALMOST here, maybe I can climb out of this rut. I have begun walking home from work, about 25 blocks, and that has helped some.

@huango‌ it's not about the socialization. it's about the accountability of having someone to show up to for me. I know I lack motivation by myself, so having to meet someone and fear of standing them up keeps me on track.

You ladies and this group have been a great motivator to make sure I track my food. It might not always be the best choices, but at least I am watching the amount. Baby steps to success is always the best.

Happy Friday to all!
    sellers

• huango
    Ditto:
    1. I like this: "start a new group...10 by June 10"
    2. I'm proud of everyone here for your accomplishments!!!

Amanda
  • huango
    I've been a bit distracted.

Here's my distraction:
    We adopted her on 3/24Tuesday.
    - Mei Mei (means little sister in Mandarin)
    - 11weeks old, 11pounds shar pei mix
    - from SPCA Upstate NY, who saved her from a Tennessee kill shelter

She is an incredibly sweet dog.
    I didn't know dogs could be this sweet and loving.
    We had a shar pei just like her for 12years, Ruud Xiao Ping, who passed away from old age 6years ago.

11088450_10206517761128707_3965633398473709530_o.jpg

It's totally like having a newborn again, where I don't get anything done, except during her 2 naps, and nighttime.
    Excited: she slept through the night last night, w/out having to go out to pee. Woohoo!

Sorry, I can go on and on about my new baby girl. :)

Ugh. I haven't been watching my macros at all.
    I really wanted ice cream last night (I was working late, since I didn't get anything done all day), but I held off. So I think I can squeeze in 1/2cup of ice cream today.

Amanda
  • jlkermode
    @huango‌ Mei Mei is soooo cute!! Congrats on the new addition to your fam! :)
  • krdews
    krdews Posts: 124 Member
    @faelight just realized we are just a day away from the end of this challenge you posted on Jan 21 - time flies!!!
  • sellerskennington
    sellerskennington Posts: 77 Member
    @huango‌ mei mei is so cute and looks so soft and lovable!
    @faelight‌ do you want to start the 10 by June 10 page? You had this page rocking and rolling! You did so much for many of us--THANK YOU!

• jlkermode
    @faelight‌ do you want to start the 10 by June 10 page? You had this page rocking and rolling! You did so much for many of us--THANK YOU!

Yay! 10x6/10 challenge! ;)

Can't wait to see everyones weigh ins tomorrow!!
  • jlkermode
    jlkermode wrote: »
    Wow - exactly 2 wks left til April 1!
    SW: 140
    3/2: 138.8
    3/9: 137.6
    CW: 136.8
    GW (for this challenge): 130

Nice work everyone!!

So I realized tomorrow is actually the first of April, but I got too excited and did my final weigh in today!

SW: 140
    CW: 135.6

Woo! Not quite 10 lbs but halfway to my goal, and this challenge helped me to finally break through being stuck at 140 for over a month! Super thankful for everyone's support! Can't wait to get onto our next challenge!
  • SDB210
    SDB210 Posts: 100 Member
    stepherz84 wrote: »
    Can I join in! I'm a bit late but I'm new to posting on the boards.

I started on the 5th jan and have lost 12lbs so far.

Height 5ft 11.5in (the half inch makes all the difference! :wink: )
    SW: 187lbs
    CW: 175lbs
    GW: 153lbs

I'm doing my final weigh in too (I can't see myself losing any more by tomorrow, this pound is being very stubborn!)

So....

SW: 175
    CW: 162

So that's 13 lbs during challenge and 25 lbs overall! Yay I'm very happy with that!

Can't wait to start the next challenge, I need to drop this final 9 lbs to get to my goal!

• territime
    territime Posts: 13 Member
    I only lost 2 lbs (I lost some, fell off track and gained it back, then got back on track), but I am ready to jump into a new challenge!

You all are a great motivation for me :). I love reading and seeing the progress you all are making, and that really encourages me to stay focused.
  • huango
    I'm reading/keeping along this thread.
    not much time to post.

everyone did great on this Challenge.
    I say bring on the next one!

Amanda