Does anyone ELSE have a hard time seeing a 20lb difference o

Options

Replies

• greenemoe
    greenemoe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's funny that you ask this because I am saying the same thing to my self. I have lost a total of 28lbs but cant see it. My face looks a bit smaller maybe, but that is about it. I guess for me I am very heavy n family cant tell the difference.

I am grateful that the scale is showing the results. Congrats on your progress!!!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference.. you look great! I lost 41 lbs so far and I still feel like I look the same sometimes.. I can tell the difference cause of my clothes and when I see myself in before pics but I think its cause I still have a ways to go (50 lbs)
  • JenInAustin
    JenInAustin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're just lucky and hide your extra pounds better :)

I think it makes a big difference where on your body you gain weight. I have friends that are overweight but their faces never change. My cheeks, chin...and additional chins.. are quick indicators for me if I'm gaining weight.
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Your belly button is so different between those pics! In the first one it's a frowny face, but in the last one it's a perky belly button!

It helps when someone close to you really notices the difference. In previous weight-loss success for me, it's been a huge encouragement when my boyfriend says he can feel the difference when he cuddles me, or the way my pants fit or something. BELIEVE people when they say you look good - why would they lie?!
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Hey, it does help if you take picture's the same way all the time ( angle/distance/place ) you tend to see difrences faster if your pictures ''look the same'' rather then having 1 from 3 feet away and 1 from 5 feet away etc.

A side from that your body decides where to take of the fat reservers so dont focus on your belly to much at first in 9 / 10 cases thats where your body's fat reserves will be burned up last because your body will try to hold on to those in case you starve.

You can see the difrence on your picture's and its awesome you lost 20 pounds ! But try to do your next 10 lbs picture the same way / distance as you did your first one that should help a lot when looking at yourself I know it does for me !

Keep it up ! =)
  • Sarah_Carmen
    Options
    I'm the same way...I've lost 32lbs and can only tell a little in my face. Nobody is even telling me I look like I've lost so atleast you have that going for ya! I can tell in your love handle area the most! Keep up the good work It'll only become more and more noticeable. I think were definitely our own toughest critics.

6445204.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • stacimusmax
    stacimusmax Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Ok Girlie! You and I started at about the same weight. I see in your stomach same features that I see in mine. I know what you don't like. You have a huge advantage over me.....AGE! You are 16 and I am 40. You skin is still elastic. Trust me the more you lose the tighter and firmer it is going to get. I have lost 25lbs since March (roughly the same, I started at 190). I have lost a little in my chest. I have gained collar bones so have you. I can now wear clothes that I haven't worn in years. When I go out, It is AWESOME! Guys look my way. I came out of the gym the other night on my way to a club and heads turned. I smiled! It was nice to be the pretty girl, not just the pretty friend.
  • emmajane_2288
    emmajane_2288 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Not all your weight is lost from the tummy though, you may have lost weight on your thighs and arms as well!

I can tell from these pics, you are doing a great job!

Instead of stepping on the scales, try measuring yourself too, I bet you would find that you have lost a few inches!

xx
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    I can see a difference in the stomach area deffos! I've lost 16lbs and cant see a difference - people tell me ive lost it and i look better but I just dont see it - and if i dont see the scale moving or the clothes size go down....I wouldn't know myself.

Keep up the good work! Your doing great and if you need support feel free to add me
  • bkthomas2004
    bkthomas2004 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've lost 35 lbs and counting, and I sometimes feel as if I haven't lost anything, yet my clothes and other people tell me otherwise.

You look great and there's definately a difference in you, you just can't see it because we are our hardest critic. Keep up the great work and congrats on your loss thus far!
  • joyelise
    joyelise Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the advice and support! :) Greatly appreciated.
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My family and teachers tell me how much weight they think I've lost.
    But 20lbs, doesn't look like ANYTHING at all to me.
    I wouldn't have thought I've lost anything if it wasn't for the scale and the way my pants fall off my *kitten* when I walk now.

190lbs.
    1902.jpg

vs.

180lbs.
    180.jpg

vs.

170lbs
    EWWW170-1.jpg

So.. anyone else have a hard time seeing a 20lb difference on themselves, or is it just me?
  • Bartleyk11
    Bartleyk11 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've lost 27 lbs now, and I can see it a little bit, but I feel the difference in the way my clothes fit, more than anything else. The frustrating part for me, is that I haven't had anyone spontaneously tell me that they can see a difference yet. I don't generally tell people that I'm dieting, but I keep waiting for someone to notice...
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    You can see it on you Congratulations! :happy: Try putting the pics right next to eachother. That will help you see it for yourself.

On a side note...I don't see my 24lb loss either. but my friends, family, hubby, and kids do! I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder!!!:wink:
  • Cath138
    Cath138 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I can see a huge difference in your picture! Congrats:flowerfoyou:
  • alexandrarae90
    alexandrarae90 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I think when people start losing weight, their confidence increases so they are able to see the good outcomes. But sometimes I feel like people still don't have great self confidence even after losing 20 pounds. If you're being told that you look like you've lost it, then it looks like you've lost it. Try and work on that confidence, girl and then maybe you'll start seeing it too. :) You're doing great <3 Keep it up
    xoxo
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Actually, I can say yes....until I looked at my before and now pics. I couldn't see it before until I found an old pic. I can see it now in the pics, but when I look in the mirror I don't. It can get discouraging, hence why I don't look in a full length mirror often ;) I can see a difference in your pics! Your doing great!
  • ash12783
    ash12783 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Maybe you don't LOOK noticeably smaller to yourself, but I bet you FEEL better :)
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm at 20 pounds, I see 0 difference. My clothes are a lot looser. But I'm still not even down to the next size. (started at 14 - I'm 5'-8", 155 pounds current)
  • hope428
    hope428 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I feel the same exact way... I have lost 20 lbs and my pants feel better, but when I look at myself, my body is still the same. :(
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!