Ideal Protein

Options
Im in week 3 of phase 1... I have already lost 9 pounds... cant wait for my next weigh in

Replies

• sklala
    sklala Posts: 208 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    That's awesome. I'm right there too, down 7 lbs but cheated a little too much last week... hopeing for a good weigh in this week.
  • mziam
    mziam Posts: 8
    Options
    Its more than losing water weight.... You change you eating habits and take in less calories which is the only way to loss weight... Every diet requires you take in fewer calories.... I know people personal that have used atkins and ideal protein took the weight off (50+ pounds) and were able to keep it off... If you go back to your same eating habits as with any diet you will gain the weight back
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Great if you can stick to it for life

If you're one of those who can't stick low carb for life it unfortunately springs back really quickly, more so than any other diet .. because the first carbs = 10lbs or so and then your mind just kind of snaps into a WWTF? Oh Well" .. tried it twice, great weight loss, never managed to maintain it once I snapped and started on carbs again

good luck though, great if it's for you
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    mziam wrote: »
    Its more than losing water weight.... You change you eating habits and take in less calories which is the only way to loss weight... Every diet requires you take in fewer calories.... I know people personal that have used atkins and ideal protein took the weight off (50+ pounds) and were able to keep it off... If you go back to your same eating habits as with any diet you will gain the weight back

I think what @Pu_239 meant to say is that the first week of weight loss is usually water loss. And yes as long as you have a caloric deficit you will lose weight regardless how you achieve it. Calories in VS calories out. Good luck!
  • mziam
    Options
    My problem is i can cook and i love to eat... lol... i have been able to alter my recipes to maintain taste and really dont feel like im missing anything except simple carbs and that was the habit i needed to break... that snicker a day was keeping the 2 piece away.... Every diet is not for everyone... You have to find the one that suits your lifestyle and i think i have done that... time will tell
    Thanks for the feedback and support
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    Options
  • mziam
    Options
    Thanks for your concern but I did not jump into this without research and seeing proven results for myself... i personally know people who have lost the weight and have been able to maintain that loss... there are many different ways to do this... and there are modified versions of everything... Im not sure if you have stock in atkins but Porters's five forces deals with the issue of threat of substitute products so i will leave that for Atkins to concern themselves with... my concern is me losing this weight... i have not decieved myself... i have realistic goals and expectations... As i said before time shall tell... i plan to post my weekly weight loss every Saturday so stay tuned
  • TinaGA2015
    TinaGA2015 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Go girl! I did IP for only about 5 or 6 weeks and lost 10lbs. Unfortunately I did not stick to it and gained it back. You can do it! Don't quit!
  • mziam
    Options
    Thanks @TinaGA2015‌ my sister reached her ideal weight in 3 months... her goal was 40 pounds... she phased out and has been able to keep the weight off for over a year... seeing real life success stories and encouraging words like yours help keep me motivated... i still have a long way but im keeping the faith
  • jazzine1
    Options
    If you have found something that will help you with that initial jump start good for you. I looked into IP I was told I could lose all my weight in 4 months how awesome would that be!! It was just too expensive for me. :) I know we all are here for many reasons whether to lose weight or to get a grip on how we eat but the main focus is to live a healthier life. So do whatever you need to do to achieve it and then use what you learned from them at IP when you begin to eat your real foods and phase out. Would love to hear on your progress.
  • MiiMii29
    MiiMii29 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pu_239 wrote: »
    I looked in to this. It's just the atkins diet if anything. Low carb diet.

People lose weight quickly at first due to water loss(not getting in to the mechanism).

• tch2speak
    tch2speak Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love ideal protein and I've done it with my mother and sisters and use just the shakes and diet style they have taught me now have added exercise and I have kept the weight and continue to loose. I just maintain a healthy lifestyle and do not go back to my out of control ways it's not rocket science:) good luck phase one is tuff but u start feeling amazing here soon as u get all the crap out of your system and stop craving sugar/carbs and want to eat healthy!!
  • jcondeee
    jcondeee Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm week 2, Phase 1, and 11 pounds down! I love this diet! Looking to celebrate this weekend but not with food... I want to have a couple of drinks but no idea what would be within the IP guidelines
  • mziam
    Options
    The only thing i have removed from my diet is fast food, junk food, and soda.... i had already given up most carbs... i still eat steaks, ground meat, pork cops, and my fav seafood... i replaced white rice and mashed potatoes with cauliflower.... i measure my food and if i get hungry i have a salad with waldens 0 everything dressing, cucumbers, pickles, or an IP brownie or protein shake which are really good... I add crush water enhancers to my water... What i spend on IP foods is about $10 a day... @jazzine1‌ Thanks... and i will post regular updates
  • mziam
    Options
    @tch2speak‌ Thanks for the positive feedback and motivation @jcondeee‌ the advice i was given was to make sure to hydrate, make sure you eat enough, be mindful of the nutritional facts of the alcohol and the mixer being used... i had a patron margarita as well as a grey goose and tonic water....
  • jcondeee
    jcondeee Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much @mziam this is awesome!
  • sklala
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I too was advised to just watch the calorie intake, normally white alcohols, vodkas, gin, mixed with club soda or tonics have no calories and little to no sugar intake.

Also anyone finding that exercising is stalling this process? I am hitting a wall still and was reading last night that you are not really suppose to exercise? Any comments?
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    From what I've heard about the diet (I work in the front store of a pharmacy which helps people on IP) is you are not supposed to exercise on the diet. You generally aren't consuming enough calories as it is, so exercising on so few calories can make you dizzy, or faint. People have exercised on it I think, but most of the people who are on it who come into the store regularly (including one of my supervisors) don't exercise. If you have just starting exercising and started hitting a wall it is most likely because your muscles are trying to hold onto any water/sugars/energy they can in order to recover and so your weight is staying the same. That will persist for a week or so before the weight starts coming off again, it's just water retention in the muscles.
  • jazzine1
    edited March 2015
    Options
    sklala wrote: »
    I too was advised to just watch the calorie intake, normally white alcohols, vodkas, gin, mixed with club soda or tonics have no calories and little to no sugar intake.

Also anyone finding that exercising is stalling this process? I am hitting a wall still and was reading last night that you are not really suppose to exercise? Any comments?

I'm sorry but vodka in its self does have calories... 64 calories (80 proof) Grey Goose 69 cal for 1 oz. Gin has 73 calories (90 proof) club soda 0 calories and tonic water has sugar and calories 34 calories for 100g/8.8g sugar or 114 cal in 11oz/32.2g sugar in a bottle. Diet tonic has 0 cal. So please be careful always do your research. All liquor has calories no matter the color. Imagine you go in thinking vodka and club soda has no calories have 5 drinks = thats 320 calories you just consumed that can make a difference if you are trying to lose weight and not accounting for them.
  • sklala
    Options
    @jazzine1 Thanks, you are right, I should have been more specific with my intention on Calories and Sugar in respect to this forum, I appreciate your clarification. The IP consultant advised that for this program and myself having some Vodka Club Soda will not count towards my calories and carbs as long as it is moderation and I log it, plus she recommends no more than two drinks lol. My bad...

@_nicolemarie_ Thanks for the tip, I am going to see what happens at this weeks weigh in and go from there. Might stop running for a bit.