Please help by looking at my diary

Options

Replies

• minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    You're the same height as my husband, he maintains on 3000cal a day (active job). You must be incredibly sedentary?
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    You need to take in more calories my friend - assuming you are logging everything.

[...]

Be careful which database entries you are using. "Tuna salad on wheat bread -- 160 calories" is... suspicious. Why is this not the two pieces of bread from the brand you bought, plus the amount of butter/mayo you used, and the amount of tuna you used, separately or input as a recipe? Baked pork chop -- one pork chop ... a pork chop can vary in size. 1/4 cup of pasta... 1/4 cup before or after cooking? Look at ways to make your logging as accurate as you can.

This one. I got in the habit of either creating recipes for stuff I make at home, or just logging individual ingredients of foods. Especially when you're talking "homemade" recipes in the database -- you have no idea how they got there.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,929 Member
    Options
    When you lose WEIGHT you don't JUST lose FAT.
    The bigger your deficit the more likely you are to lose muscle in addition to fat.

Have you checked out your options for determining your actual fat %, and do you have any clue whether the 25lbs you lost are all fat, or are 10lbs water, 10lbs fat and 5lbs muscle you can ill afford to lose?
  • angelgreathouse9
    angelgreathouse9 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thank you all everyone for the advice I really appreciate. Just did my weigh in this week and only lost 3.1 pounds. total is now 179.2 My goal is to be around 155-165 and then at that point keep it there. thank you again for the help

God Bless

e15960429e2ef92fcdbc2faa7352d5fa.jpg

Only?

Holy hell man! That's not cool. You should be eating to sustain your body and lose in a healthy manner, which you're not doing. Dropping to your goal weight as fast as possible isn't going to do your body any favors.

Yeah what they said! You are eating too many processed foods and just looking at the last few days too many cookies and brownies... not bashing cause i love a treat as well however the more natural food (fruits&veggies) you eat the healthier you'll be, everyone wants to drop weight fast however if not done properly you will just gain it back... increase your protein so you don't lose muscle and do what ever kind of exercising you can for now, something is better than nothing
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    You are under eating. Why are you eating so little?
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I looked at one day and in reality you had a muffin and a Dr Pepper for breakfast,
    skipped lunch, had a 1/2 cup of Rice-A-Roni, 2 oz Chicken Breast, 1/4 cup of large butter beans, 35gms mixed vegetables for dinner and for snacks, 24 pretzels, 1 oatmeal cookie, 32gms Special K.

I would be starving at the end of that day and I am a 5'2in female. This is not the way to lose weight. More protein, more veggies, add some fruit. Eat!!!!
  • execrate2k15
    execrate2k15 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That's why I try to leave about 300-350 calorie buffer at the end of the the day.
    Especially on the days where I'm not 100% sure on my cal. Intake. So I don't go over my intake.
    OP your intake looks pretty low, but a lot of your entries seem kind of off. Like deep fried homemade chicken drumstick 150 calories? and 7 oz pork loin thing 210 calorie. 7 oz of lean pork is more than that and then depending on how it was prepared. I dunno. And you might want to consume a bit more fruits and vegetables.

• execrate2k15
    Options
    ok
    Ok. well I feel fine. I will Try to increase my cal. Intake to get closer to the 1,500 cal. mark. I have had a 300-500 cal. deficit daily. Ill try to close that gap some like 100-300 :)

No, MFP figures in your calorie deficit. You're eating BEYOND a healthy deficit.

• execrate2k15
    Options
    Yes I am.
    minties82 wrote: »
    You're the same height as my husband, he maintains on 3000cal a day (active job). You must be incredibly sedentary?

• execrate2k15
    Options
    True good point.

quote="gramarye;31814265"]
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    You need to take in more calories my friend - assuming you are logging everything.

[...]

Be careful which database entries you are using. "Tuna salad on wheat bread -- 160 calories" is... suspicious. Why is this not the two pieces of bread from the brand you bought, plus the amount of butter/mayo you used, and the amount of tuna you used, separately or input as a recipe? Baked pork chop -- one pork chop ... a pork chop can vary in size. 1/4 cup of pasta... 1/4 cup before or after cooking? Look at ways to make your logging as accurate as you can.

This one. I got in the habit of either creating recipes for stuff I make at home, or just logging individual ingredients of foods. Especially when you're talking "homemade" recipes in the database -- you have no idea how they got there. [/quote]

• execrate2k15
    Options
    Ok thank you

Thank you all everyone for the advice I really appreciate. Just did my weigh in this week and only lost 3.1 pounds. total is now 179.2 My goal is to be around 155-165 and then at that point keep it there. thank you again for the help

God Bless

e15960429e2ef92fcdbc2faa7352d5fa.jpg

Only?

Holy hell man! That's not cool. You should be eating to sustain your body and lose in a healthy manner, which you're not doing. Dropping to your goal weight as fast as possible isn't going to do your body any favors.

Yeah what they said! You are eating too many processed foods and just looking at the last few days too many cookies and brownies... not bashing cause i love a treat as well however the more natural food (fruits&veggies) you eat the healthier you'll be, everyone wants to drop weight fast however if not done properly you will just gain it back... increase your protein so you don't lose muscle and do what ever kind of exercising you can for now, something is better than nothing

• qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

God Bless

ONLY lost 3.1 this week? Does anyone else find this odd? Worrying about a 22 pound weight loss over a month and a half? Troll?
  • execrate2k15
    Options
    Lol
    On typical day before I started to loose weight I would have coffee, Bpj sandwich for lunch about 1-2 sodas and about 21-22 beers and dinner every day and LOTS of cookies and cream ice cream, potato chips till full.

I would only get fruit about once a month. one serving of vegies a day.

Now I don't drink and I have changed my diet 10 fold.

LeenaGee wrote: »
    I looked at one day and in reality you had a muffin and a Dr Pepper for breakfast,
    skipped lunch, had a 1/2 cup of Rice-A-Roni, 2 oz Chicken Breast, 1/4 cup of large butter beans, 35gms mixed vegetables for dinner and for snacks, 24 pretzels, 1 oatmeal cookie, 32gms Special K.

I would be starving at the end of that day and I am a 5'2in female. This is not the way to lose weight. More protein, more veggies, add some fruit. Eat!!!!

• NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    This thread is fishier that a squid tangoing with a salmon.
  • execrate2k15
    Options
    7rewv7meb9cz.jpg

Ok im going to run out and get some protein supplement because this app shows I should get about 75 grams a day? and I have been between 25-50 a day about?
  • execrate2k15
    Options
    we fry our chicken. I thought it was a tad low too. But it is close "There are 160 calories in a 1 drumstick serving of KFC Extra Crispy Chicken Drumstick".

fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/kfc/extra-crispy-chicken-drumstick

That's why I try to leave about 300-350 calorie buffer at the end of the the day.
    Especially on the days where I'm not 100% sure on my cal. Intake. So I don't go over my intake.
    OP your intake looks pretty low, but a lot of your entries seem kind of off. Like deep fried homemade chicken drumstick 150 calories? and 7 oz pork loin thing 210 calorie. 7 oz of lean pork is more than that and then depending on how it was prepared. I dunno. And you might want to consume a bit more fruits and vegetables.

• manders_b
    manders_b Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    "execrate wrote:

Ok im going to run out and get some protein supplement because this app shows I should get about 75 grams a day? and I have been between 25-50 a day about?

I would try to work in natural protein sources vs. adding a supplement. Protein bars would work, but if you're logging accurately you have room to add in a couple of eggs, some chicken, yogurt - those all taste better than a protein bar, and I think are more sustainable choices long-term.

Also, as others have said, invest in a food scale, measure everything in grams and avoid homemade entries when possible. It looks like you're measuring a lot of things by volume and that can be WAY off, especially with calorie-dense stuff like peanut butter or chunky things like pasta. (I was shocked when I got mine.) This will also make it easier for you to estimate what a serving looks like when you do go out to eat or can't measure for whatever reason.

Check out these threads - they are really helpful:

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    53rulsqccxt7.jpg

I'm just sayin.
  • execrate2k15
    Options
    Thank you
    manders_b wrote: »
    "execrate wrote:

I would try to work in natural protein sources vs. adding a supplement. Protein bars would work, but if you're logging accurately you have room to add in a couple of eggs, some chicken, yogurt - those all taste better than a protein bar, and I think are more sustainable choices long-term.

Also, as others have said, invest in a food scale, measure everything in grams and avoid homemade entries when possible. It looks like you're measuring a lot of things by volume and that can be WAY off, especially with calorie-dense stuff like peanut butter or chunky things like pasta. (I was shocked when I got mine.) This will also make it easier for you to estimate what a serving looks like when you do go out to eat or can't measure for whatever reason.

Check out these threads - they are really helpful:

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Lol
    On typical day before I started to loose weight I would have coffee, Bpj sandwich for lunch about 1-2 sodas and about 21-22 beers and dinner every day and LOTS of cookies and cream ice cream, potato chips till full.

I would only get fruit about once a month. one serving of vegies a day.

Now I don't drink and I have changed my diet 10 fold.

LeenaGee wrote: »

ph2.gif