3 years of dedication and 315 pounds lost.

Options

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Repost lol oopz and congrats!!! impressive!
  • annied1961
    Options
    Wow! So Inspirational!
    Have a wonderful life!
  • jlshane4
    jlshane4 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Stogie40 wrote: »
    I didn’t want to post in the success area until I reached my goal, but today officially marks my 3 year anniversary of my new lifestyle, and my daughter said it will help inspire others. This time 3 years ago I was leaving the hospital with the determination to get healthy and be a bigger part of my daughters’ lives. For too long my health made me an empty seat. It has been a long, hard, and lonely road, but I can honestly say, I never looked back and never faltered. I wanted to get healthier more than anything, because that meant being there for my family as much as possible. I read and researched as much as I could about eating healthy. In my case, diet was the only way I could loose weight and get healthy, because working out was not an option due to a serious issue with one of my legs. To everyone reading this, know that a clean diet is the key to being healthy. Every pound I lost was from diet alone. I’m not saying this is an easy lifestyle, I’m saying it’s the best lifestyle IMO. There are plenty of people that say, they can eat this and that everyday and still loose weight, but yet are they getting healthier? Just because you loose weight doesn’t make you healthy. I understand stopping the crappy food isn’t easy, we are going against a lifetime of eating a certain way. In many cases, food is our addiction. With our addiction, we can’t just quit it, we have to smell it, touch it, taste it, and consume it everyday, just to survive. I’m not saying give everything you want up. I have cravings bad, but I get over them by having a few bites. Like when my daughters get French Fries, I’ll steal 5 or so from them, or I’ll grab a few Pringles, just enough to take the edge off. If I don’t, I find myself fixated on my latest craving. I’ll stare at it, and loose myself in the though of eating it, much like a dog begging. I also allow myself to splurge on holidays, one meal of calorie and carb overload won’t make you fat, just like one salad won’t help you get healthy. Just remember this is to get healthy not a punishment. Moderation really is the key. When I left that hospital 3 years ago, I had a handful of prescriptions that I had to take 3 times a day. It took 2 1/2 years, but I am off all my meds, and I owe it to a clean diet. I eat lean proteins, healthy fats, lots of raw veggies, half my body weigh in ounces of water almost everyday, and I keep my carbs low. Not Atkins low, but lower. Carbs are great for long distant runners, but not my big ol butt. It takes longer for carbs to break down, so it takes longer for our body to go into Ketosis. Trust me, it is so worth every sacrifice you make to get healthy. It may be 80% diet, and 20% exercise, but it’s 100% mental. I would wish you all good luck in your journey, but luck has nothing to do with it. You need strength, and with that, stay strong and never give up.

b3dda71b-f9ae-4cc2-9466-3962f63218ba_zps04bee592.jpg

• jlshane4
    jlshane4 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Amazing my friend!!!
  • JenMFugate
    JenMFugate Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations!
  • jackiereaves
    jackiereaves Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic!
  • brianpirie1953
    Options
    I didn’t want to post in the success area until I reached my goal, but today officially marks my 3 year anniversary of my new lifestyle, and my daughter said it will help inspire others. This time 3 years ago I was leaving the hospital with the determination to get healthy and be a bigger part of my daughters’ lives. For too long my health made me an empty seat. It has been a long, hard, and lonely road, but I can honestly say, I never looked back and never faltered. I wanted to get healthier more than anything, because that meant being there for my family as much as possible. I read and researched as much as I could about eating healthy. In my case, diet was the only way I could loose weight and get healthy, because working out was not an option due to a serious issue with one of my legs. To everyone reading this, know that a clean diet is the key to being healthy. Every pound I lost was from diet alone. I’m not saying this is an easy lifestyle, I’m saying it’s the best lifestyle IMO. There are plenty of people that say, they can eat this and that everyday and still loose weight, but yet are they getting healthier? Just because you loose weight doesn’t make you healthy. I understand stopping the crappy food isn’t easy, we are going against a lifetime of eating a certain way. In many cases, food is our addiction. With our addiction, we can’t just quit it, we have to smell it, touch it, taste it, and consume it everyday, just to survive. I’m not saying give everything you want up. I have cravings bad, but I get over them by having a few bites. Like when my daughters get French Fries, I’ll steal 5 or so from them, or I’ll grab a few Pringles, just enough to take the edge off. If I don’t, I find myself fixated on my latest craving. I’ll stare at it, and loose myself in the though of eating it, much like a dog begging. I also allow myself to splurge on holidays, one meal of calorie and carb overload won’t make you fat, just like one salad won’t help you get healthy. Just remember this is to get healthy not a punishment. Moderation really is the key. When I left that hospital 3 years ago, I had a handful of prescriptions that I had to take 3 times a day. It took 2 1/2 years, but I am off all my meds, and I owe it to a clean diet. I eat lean proteins, healthy fats, lots of raw veggies, half my body weigh in ounces of water almost everyday, and I keep my carbs low. Not Atkins low, but lower. Carbs are great for long distant runners, but not my big ol butt. It takes longer for carbs to break down, so it takes longer for our body to go into Ketosis. Trust me, it is so worth every sacrifice you make to get healthy. It may be 80% diet, and 20% exercise, but it’s 100% mental. I would wish you all good luck in your journey, but luck has nothing to do with it. You need strength, and with that, stay strong and never give up.

Absolutely fantastic. I have lost 50lbs. And feel great. Also walk a lot. Again you have done so well
  • Pdcope
    Pdcope Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You are amazing!
  • millermkarate
    millermkarate Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your amazing accomplishment. Your persistence and determination is truly inspiring!!! :smile:
  • asrey75
    asrey75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    wow, almost speechless, thats incredible!
  • Boating94
    Boating94 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow! That was incredible what you did! Congrats on your weight loss!
  • moonjewel76
    moonjewel76 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am just beginning my journey today. I need to lose half of myself in order to be at a somehwat healthy weight for my body. I am petrified. Anxiety over dying and not being here for my children consumes me daily. I am ADDICTED. I want you to know that I will keep reading your words over and over again as I approach this metamorphosis. Thank you for lighting the fire inside of me. You are truly an inspiration.
  • marcialopez756
    Options
    I'm barely starting my journey so thank you for your story! Stay the course!
  • TonyaVanan1976
    TonyaVanan1976 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing change. You have done phenomenally good. I'm sure your daughters are very proud of you as well as you are yourself:-)
  • Imelda275
    Imelda275 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    pattydi wrote: »
    I love you buddy! Its been a complete pleasure getting to know you as we share in this journey together! You are amazing! I'm so proud to call you my friend! ???????????????? you are a superstar!

• Imelda275
    Options
    I love you buddy! Its been a complete pleasure getting to know you as we share in this journey together! You are amazing! I'm so proud to call you my friend! ???????????????? you are a superstar!

• Imelda275
    Options

• rainbowzebra25
    rainbowzebra25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Incredible!!!
  • SaMiE2013DiEtINg
    SaMiE2013DiEtINg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have never seen that picture of you before and you have come soo far, I have just stumbled across it! a massive congratulations to you my friend u have so much strength to take on what you have, you are so insperational you look great well done Todd x
  • terrijo69
    Options

You are truly an inspiration to me. It proves that no matter how long it takes to get to your goal it is worth it.
    I am thrilled for you. You look like a brand new person and you have a new lease on life.

I also greatly appreciate your comments about exercise. I am trying to do more but I have some health issues too that make exercise hard and painful. I'm hoping that as my weight goes down my exercise will increase.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!