I started my 1500 calorie a week ago no results

Options

Replies

• upgradeddiddy
    upgradeddiddy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    You guys are making me do some homework. I see if someone can hold my phone and record me deadlift today. I mind as well use it as a form check to.

Then again I never really made any points during this debate. I just question statements that seem really off.

Since you want to assume things would you like to assume how much I can deadlift?

Where have I said I guess what people lift? What I am saying is since I don't know you and this a public forum, if you told me you benched 305 lbs I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt because why lie on here (I've already said my honest opinion of what I do to track eating so why lie about lifts? Seems pointless).
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You guys are making me do some homework. I see if someone can hold my phone and record me deadlift today. I mind as well use it as a form check to.

Then again I never really made any points during this debate. I just question statements that seem really off.

Since you want to assume things would you like to assume how much I can deadlift?

Where have I said I guess what people lift? What I am saying is since I don't know you and this a public forum, if you told me you benched 305 lbs I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt because why lie on here (I've already said my honest opinion of what I do to track eating so why lie about lifts? Seems pointless).

SO you didn't say this.
    I understand you skepticism because it's probably something that you can't do so better to disbelieve for your own sanity and pride than give the benefit of the doubt

ETA: People lie all the time on MFP forums. Stick around and you will see it for yourself.

In response to that quote though I do not use machines for lifting weights. I used to just throw weight on a bar, set up on a one of those steps and do calf raises that way.
  • upgradeddiddy
    Options

Never said I guess people's deadlifts. What I am saying is I don't know you personally and this is a public forum, if you told me that you benched 300lbs then I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt because why lie on here? Already told you what I do for my diet so no reason to lie about my exercise especially when my profile on MFP is public. At the end of the day we have opinions and not once did I really attack yours or MrM's because I am secure enough with what I am personally trying to accomplish but am open to hearing others ideas and share when I can. If you want to attack me or doubt me so be it, the world needs haters. By the way, still waiting on the part of this thread where you are "slaying" me but I guess that was just s*** talk.
  • MrsRuh
    MrsRuh Posts: 9
    Options
    Measure your food, stay active, watch your fat grams, meet your protein goals and reevaluate monthly. If you want water loss crash diet results... Then go on a juicing spree. If you want a permanent healthy lifestyle change that happens to result in a loss of body fat... Buckle down, and be patient. Think of how long it took you to gain the weight, losing it takes time too.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    If the poor OP waded through all that Broscience, she's probably feeling a little disoriented.

• upgradeddiddy
    Options

SO you didn't say this.
    I understand you skepticism because it's probably something that you can't do so better to disbelieve for your own sanity and pride than give the benefit of the doubt

ETA: People lie all the time on MFP forums. Stick around and you will see it for yourself.

In response to that quote though I do not use machines for lifting weights. I used to just throw weight on a bar, set up on a one of those steps and do calf raises that way.

I said probably can't do but never guessed what you could do. Again would give you the benefit of the doubt if you said it because why lie? Again all about sharing and all you are doing is trying find reasons to troll and hate. No worries and good luck
  • upgradeddiddy
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    If the poor OP waded through all that Broscience, she's probably feeling a little disoriented.
    8h9z8gop8kgh.jpg
  • yiscaht
    yiscaht Posts: 25 Member
    Options

I know I am ... lol. Hopefully one day it'll all make sense to me :)
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options

Broscience + bad quotes = Use the PAGE DOWN button

:lol:
  • jessicaschaible1
    Options
    I weighed myself on Day #7 and had met my goal of a 1 pound weight loss! I guess during this first week I kept weighing myself stressing out because I felt like I was starving and wanted to make sure this was all worth it! My body was detoxing from all the Junk food I'm used to eating and the Soda Im used to drinking. Im slowly getting on track and the 1 pound weight loss is my incentive to continue eating healthy and sticking to my 1500 cal diet. after week 2 I am going to slowly bring that to a 1200 cal diet. Thanks everyone for your advice and your support!
  • _Justinian_
    _Justinian_ Posts: 232 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ...after week 2 I am going to slowly bring that to a 1200 cal diet.

Why? Is there a reason you are in such a hurry?

• jessicaschaible1
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I weighed myself on Day #7 and had met my goal of a 1 pound weight loss! I guess during this first week I kept weighing myself stressing out because I felt like I was starving and wanted to make sure this was all worth it! My body was detoxing from all the Junk food I'm used to eating and the Soda Im used to drinking. Im slowly getting on track and the 1 pound weight loss is my incentive to continue eating healthy and sticking to my 1500 cal diet. after week 2 I am going to slowly bring that to a 1200 cal diet. Thanks everyone for your advice and your support!
    What was it detoxing?

Why are you dropping calories by 300 after 1 week?

I was detoxing from drinking Soda, and Junk food/Sugary foods I quit both cold turkey. I'm also used to eating a whole lot more than 1500 calories and eating fast food every day, a 1200 calorie diet was recommended by a nutritionist, I decided to start with 1500 and slowly work my way down to my 1200 calorie a day goal. I am not saying I am dropping 300 calories after 2 weeks, I am only saying I will be working my way to my 1200 calorie a day goal. I will adjust my calories as needed, I've also just started working out. I've just set out on a healthier life style so its trial and error until I figure out what works best for me. I am 5'1" and started out weighing 170 My goal weight is 135 and to get my bmi down.

• jessicaschaible1
    jessicaschaible1 Posts: 10
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Is that a trick question or something? Lol Ive repeated myself several times, I (was) am detoxing from all the Junk Ive been eating my whole life. Lots of caffeine, sugar, and processed foods. Am I using the wrong lingo or something? Why am I being asked "detoxing from what exactly" I dont know specifics because I never payed attention to what I ate before now. Also why is it that everyone before was telling me to do a 1200 calorie diet and now everyone is like whats your hurry in cutting your calorie intake?! Im following advice from a nutrionist and actually easing into what was recommended in the first place. Whats the hurry? Im considered obese on the bmi scale and my health is in danger, Im being proactive.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Is that a trick question or something? Lol Ive repeated myself several times, I (was) am detoxing from all the Junk Ive been eating my whole life. Lots of caffeine, sugar, and processed foods. Am I using the wrong lingo or something? Why am I being asked "detoxing from what exactly" I dont know specifics because I never payed attention to what I ate before.

The reason people are asking you about detoxing is because detox isn't real. It's unnecessary for weight loss, it's an imaginary concept.

I hope this idea didn't come from your nutritionist.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Is that a trick question or something? Lol Ive repeated myself several times, I (was) am detoxing from all the Junk Ive been eating my whole life. Lots of caffeine, sugar, and processed foods. Am I using the wrong lingo or something? Why am I being asked "detoxing from what exactly" I dont know specifics because I never payed attention to what I ate before now. Also why is it that everyone before was telling me to do a 1200 calorie diet and now everyone is like whats your hurry in cutting your calorie intake?! Im following advice from a nutrionist and actually easing into what was recommended in the first place. Whats the hurry? Im considered obese on the bmi scale and my health is in danger, Im being proactive.

They are asking you what toxins, specifically, you think you are detoxing from your body. Because generally when people set out to do one of these "detoxes" or "cleanses" they have a lot of vague ideas that they need to kick start a process, rid their body of something, in order to then begin their weight loss. This is unnecessary. First, there is nothing wrong with sugar, fast food, or any other kind of "junk food" in moderation. You can continue to eat all of those things and still lose weight. That doesn't mean you aren't right to want to eat more nutritionally dense food, they will help fill you up and reach your macro and micro goals. It just means that it is ok to still eat the things you enjoy, in moderation.

Anecdotally I am the same height as you, and lost 1 lb/week at 1500 and still lose at close to 1700 cals/day. I tried 1200 and I was miserable. Most people don't need to go that low to lose weight. If you are losing at 1500, why not just stay with that number?
  • jessicaschaible1
    Options
    Thank you guys for explaining, so I guess rather than saying I was detoxing I should have said I was adjusting to my new diet. I am going to see how things go and adjust my calories or diet as needed.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thank you guys for explaining, so I guess rather than saying I was detoxing I should have said I was adjusting to my new diet. I am going to see how things go and adjust my calories or diet as needed.

That's the right attitude to have! I think the BMI chart is crazy if that photo is obese, you look amazing.