Do you have cake on your birthday

Options

Replies

• Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My mom says everyone should have a piece of cake on thier birthday. I agree, and I say everyone should also get at least one present to open on thier birthday too!
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    magerum wrote: »
    I eat everything I want.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/magerum?date=2014-09-07

I think I stopped just shy of 8,000 calories.

<slow cap> Well done! Well done indeed!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Cake is not evil.

It is if it has whipped frosting. Butter Cream or Cream Cheese or GTFO!

That too. I've told you the sad story of my wedding cupcakes, right? Driest, most dense, most flavorless cupcakes ever, and they had whipped cream instead of buttercream. I had all the sads when I tried them.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    adowe wrote: »
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Eat the cake!! if you constantly workout you won't gain any weight. have fun and celebrate

Well actually you can.

If cake puts me in a surplus for days then yes I will gain weight.

If you workout on a consisten basis, meet your calories goals, you will not gain any significant weight. That's why you log in the cake and figure out what you can go without for the rest of the day.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I eat cake on my birthday, and my friends’ birthdays, and sometimes just when I feel like eating cake.

I log the calories and compensate with exercise or eating a smaller meal, or sometimes I just eat at maintenance that day. No biggie. Life isn’t supposed to be about not eating cake .
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Cake is not evil.

It is if it has whipped frosting. Butter Cream or Cream Cheese or GTFO!

That too. I've told you the sad story of my wedding cupcakes, right? Driest, most dense, most flavorless cupcakes ever, and they had whipped cream instead of buttercream. I had all the sads when I tried them.

Yes. I firmly believe your depressing wedding cake story is what put you on the path to baking greatness. I am sad that you had to go through that, but the world is a better place because now you bake delicious treats for people to enjoy (for a nominal fee).

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    adowe wrote: »
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Eat the cake!! if you constantly workout you won't gain any weight. have fun and celebrate

Well actually you can.

If cake puts me in a surplus for days then yes I will gain weight.

Not in a single day, outside of bloating.
  • wathjo1
    wathjo1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I just ate a cupcake and my birthday is in July...
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    of course you eat the cake!

Went to my brother in laws house for his birthday (he is on some wacky 500 calorie dumb diet with hormones) and we had apples. APPLES! What kind of birthday is that? I planned ahead and worked my day so I could have cake. But no - so we stopped and got ice cream on the way home. :)

Im pretty sure in some culture out there, that is an offensive action that justifies a punishment involving spikes and stuff.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I have cake.. and pastries.. and other birthday desserts and drinks. A few days a year off (even if you eat 5,000 caLories) will not undo months of dieting.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    If it's my birthday you better believe I'm having a slice of my own cake!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    Depends.

Have you been consistently and accurately logging your calories and have you been making reasonable progress towards your goals? If so, log it and work around it...or even accept that you'll be over that particular day. One day won't undo weeks of progress.

And if you haven't been, still have a slice of cake. You just won't know whether or not you're still at an appropriate deficit/maintenance or if you're actually adding to a surplus you were not even aware of.

This seems like an awfully serious post from you jof. I think that grown up suit is making you say grown up things.

PS - I miss tinyleg.

All of my posts are awfully serious. You're just letting my current profile pic affect your interpretation of my posts.

Tinyleg isn't gone. You just have to creep into my profile pics to find him.

FTL™
  • Katerina9408
    Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    rebasue55 wrote: »
    Sunday is my birthday and I've been debating whether I should have a piece of cake with everyone. I think...it's my bday, I deserve it. But on the otherhand are all the calories worth the 2 minutes of delicious cake? I'm thinking no.

What do you do?

Have your cake and enjoy it :) We never know when is going to be our last one so we should enjoy every min of our lives :)
  • Katerina9408
    Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Happy B-day btw wish you 1000 more :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    magerum wrote: »
    I eat everything I want.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/magerum?date=2014-09-07

I think I stopped just shy of 8,000 calories.

Wow.

My last birthday wasn't even close:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/jofjltncb6?date=2014-07-18

Worst. Birthday. Ever.

Oh, maybe the year before was better...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/jofjltncb6?date=2013-07-18

Egads, that's even worse.

Maybe the year before that? (LOL as if since that was the Great Year of Paleo.)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/jofjltncb6?date=2012-07-18

*sigh*

TL;DR - I don't birthday very well. DYEB? No, apparently I do not.
  • jmac3344
    jmac3344 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes!! It is life and we must enjoy ourselves. That being said, I had sweets on my birthday, but it didn't satisfy me like I thought it would. I guess my palate changed. Happy Birthday!
  • jen973
    jen973 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yes to cake! It's your day! Enjoy!
  • cb2bslim
    cb2bslim Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'll eat cake on family birthdays as well.
  • The_Sandra
    The_Sandra Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    No. I have pie. Pie > cake

Yes, pie always wins! Especially strawberry-rhubarb...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    rebasue55 wrote: »
    Sunday is my birthday and I've been debating whether I should have a piece of cake with everyone. I think...it's my bday, I deserve it. But on the otherhand are all the calories worth the 2 minutes of delicious cake? I'm thinking no.

What do you do?

Have your cake and enjoy it :) We never know when is going to be our last one so we should enjoy every min of our lives :)

It's possible to enjoy life without cake. Thinking we need sweets in order have enjoyment sounds a bit disordered.