breakfast or skip

Options

Replies

• languageSteph
    languageSteph Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Fentyman wrote: »
    I changed the way I think. You never really skip breakfast you just bump it up. Breakfast- when you break your fast.

Really good reframing. Thx
  • languageSteph
    Options
    Is the milk in a cappuchino enough to break a fast, or does it need to be solid food? I wont be having one every day but wont have it at all at the beg is it does, will wait til later in day.

It doesn't turn my appetite on if that's what you're getting at. I know it's preferable not to do it, but I can't bear my tea without something in it. I do need caffeine earlier than I eat, so I drink two cups well before that point.

Agreed. I did it this morning and felt hunger pains way before wanting to eat, so I think this is ok for me. Cant do it too often w Hashis but I love coffee so sometimes.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    Mid-morning snack baby. I sometimes have to cut it if I'm at 1500 calories instead of 1600+, but if I really wanted to, I could make it work. Something 75-100 calories really helps.
  • languageSteph
    Options
    neaneacc wrote: »
    I share your pain with Hasimotos! It is stupid and not very understood. I do eat breakfast, but I have to wait a full hour after taking my synthroid meds which sucks. I normally try to balance a protein, carb and fat to feel happily full. For example, today I had half a toasted mini bagel with natural peanut butter and a medium scrambled egg for breakfast. Also, I make sure to drink 8 oz of water with my meds, and another glass while I make my food to feel hydrated. However, I find that if I get a good combo going it really fuels my workouts.

the thing with my hashis is that i had a bad rxn to first drug, and am in between jobs/drs/hlth ins, so on nothing right now-but with many symptoms. So trying to stay extra special clean to avoid more pain. Ah, the joys of a crappy thyroid!

• sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I am also hashimoto sufferer. I read somwhere that for us, if we skip breakfast it is going to make the thyroid work harder and cause our weight loss efforts to backfire. Wondering if any one had experienced a slowdown in weight loss when skipping breakfast.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    You need at least three meals a day. That's important. Whether you skip breakfast or not

Nah. I need 2. Big lunch and humongous dinner.
    If I eat breakfast I'm starving by 10. If I skip breakfast Im good till 12 Or later if I want.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, just skip breakfast. I, on the other hand, am always ready to eat, and I'm crabby when I don't eat. Therefore, I eat breakfast, a morning snack, lunch, an afternoon snack, dinner, and an evening snack. I just try to make healthier choices. That's what works for me. Do what works for you. :)

Wishing you the best!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    If you're not hungry, just skip breakfast. I, on the other hand, am always ready to eat, and I'm crabby when I don't eat. Therefore, I eat breakfast, a morning snack, lunch, an afternoon snack, dinner, and an evening snack. I just try to make healthier choices. That's what works for me. Do what works for you. :)

Wishing you the best!

We are the same :)
  • Susan2BHealthier
    Susan2BHealthier Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have always had a problem if I eat breakfast, it turns on the hunger signal for the day. I have no hunger until 2-3 pm so now I don't eat my first meal until then. We are all different so do whatever works for you. No reason to force breakfast on yourself if you are not hungry in the mornings... save your calories for later.
  • beachlandia
    beachlandia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have tried to fall into the category of people who say "I don't eat until lunch because breakfast turns on my hunger for the day" but it's just too hard for me not to eat breakfast, when I wake up my stomach is growling and I feel ravenous. Maybe I should eat a bigger dinner to keep me full until lunch the next day? I don't know, I just hate the fact that my appetite gets really large after I eat breakfast and I think it would probably be easier if I could wait a few hours to eat my first meal of the day.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I usually do eat breakfast, but it could be any time between 7 and 10am, whenever I'm hungry. Some (rare) days I don't eat it. Have your meals whenever you like as long as you keep to your daily (or weekly) calorie limit. Whatever works best for your energy levels, satiety, and lifestyle.
  • languageSteph
    Options
    Day one of starting my food window at noon was great. I had a cappuchino in the am but no solids n I felt like and energetic. Day 2 was today and was a little harder cause I only drank water. But the same ligh, energetic feeling was there, which is priceless with my muscle aches these days. Going to keep going n tweek it here and there but one thing is for.sure-am never forcing breakfast on myself again.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I'm experimenting with skipping breakfast & eating my first snack around 9-12:30 depending on my first work break & then eating lunch, an afternoon snack, dinner, & a later snack.

I find if I eat breakfast then I am super hungry & usually wolf down part of my lunch on my first break & then wolf the other part down during Lunch.
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Started skipping breakfast, eat a light lunch at around 12-1pm and a huge dinner 6-7pm. Realized breakfast isn't as important as people / "studies" claim to be, and since I don't do much work or move around a lot during the mornings but do during afternoon and early evenings, I eat more then. I might start having a cup of coffee and some creamer just to energize me in the mornings, but my dad disapproves with me having too much caffeine (as when I'm given too much sugar/caffeine, I get a bit TOO hyper haha).
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry eat, if not then don't eat just make sure at the end of the day you meet your daily needs
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I say just depends on what your activity or lifestyle is. I wake up every morning around 5:30 for physical training, so by the time I get back it's 8:30 and I'm starving. So yes, would eat breakfast afterwards, but I try to keep it under 500 calories, since I know lunch is not that far away. On weekends though, my first meal is not till noon.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    You need at least three meals a day. That's important. Whether you skip breakfast or not
    Not really. One could eat 1 meal a day and be fine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I wish I had that problem ^^
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options

#LOLBROSCIENCE
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting works well for me when I'm cutting. When I'm bulking, I have to eat breakfast to meet my calorie requirements. It's all about the goal for me. Some people still fast when bulking, although I don't know how!