Substitutes for a sweet tooth

Options
2»

Replies

• CanadianChic
    CanadianChic Posts: 141
    Options
    I find the more sugar i eat the more i crave... so when I'm really trying to stay away I chew sugarless Juicy Fruit! and drink really cold water. It's working for me right now!! hehe
  • chrrylpstck
    Options
    I love the Skinny Cow and Weight Watchers Ice cream bars. I always have some around the house for when I have cravings!
  • stephierue
    stephierue Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate- 2 squares w/ a few pretzels. Love the sweet & salty & the crunch.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm also a fan of all the skinny cow products! They have ice cream, ice cream sandwiches, truffle bars, and now also have candy bars that taste amazing!

Vitatops are also a very good substitute. They are only 100 calories each and full for fiber and protein AND vitamins/nutrients! I like put some cool whip free on top along with a few slices of fruit sometimes.

Sugar free pudding is also another good option, only 60 cals per cup

If you love chocolate and almonds, get the Emerald's dark chocolate cocoa roasted almonds in the 100 calorie packs (so that you don't eat the whole canister!)

I also like Warm Delights minis, moist and yummy chocolate cakes for only 150 calories
  • fishermanwife
    Options
    I love jello sugar free chocolate mousse and dove sugar free chocolate
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I love the Clif Kids Organic ZBar in chocolate brownie...only 130 calories of chocolatey goodness...and you can pronounce everything that's in it:

Ingredients: Organic Rolled Oats, Organic Brown Rice Syrup, Organic Tapioca Syrup, Organic Evaporated Cane Juice Syrup, Organic Oat Flour, Organic Chocolate Chips (Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Organic Unsweetened Chocolate, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavors), Organic Fig Paste, Organic Cocoa Powder, Organic Soy Butter (Organic Soybeans, Organic Soybean Oil, Salt), Organic Chocolate (Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Organic Unsweetened Chocolate, Organic Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin, Natural Flavors), Natural Flavors, Organic Oat Fiber, Organic Milled Flaxseed, Organic Sunflower Oil, Salt, Baking Soda.
  • sanitariumzero
    Options
    I suck on hard candies when I need something sweet. Sugar free Werther's Originals, Baskin Robbins sugar free hard candy, sugar free gum.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    It varies. I buy dark chocolate and make a fruit salad and shave bits of the chocolate. I buy Lindts and rarely use an entire square this was. I alos bought a popsicle mold from the dollar store and if I get really sweet and juicy fruit, I make a batch and freeze. If you want a cream sicle add a bit of greek yougurt. I prefer larabar over fiber one bars because I prefer not to eat food grade shellac even if it has been declared harmless by the FDA. I also buy cacao powder. You can mix it with some greek yogurt for a creamy, chocolaty taste or mix it with your choice of milk and sweetener for a cup of hot chocolate. I do rice milk and 1 stevia.
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    sugar free choc pudding (60cals), strawberries (about 20cals), fat free whipped cream (15cals), 1 tblsp of graham cracker crumbs (25cals) and if i am really needing the chocolate, 2 tsp of Nestle mini semi-sweet choc chips (47cals)!! Mix that all together and you are good to go!! A total of 167cals!! Not bad for a great dessert! I eat it all the time, but the choc chips and a once in a while treat!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I've been eating honey, usually with some cinnamon and mixed nuts. Also, dark chocolate. Real dark chocolate, in which the first ingredient is chocolate, not sugar.
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    I have a hot choclate drink, low cal, and it is really satifying. Usually the cadbury's lite chocloate drink, only 40cals make with water and it is really nice.

I also have sugar free jelly and a bit of a crushed meraingue nest on top....this is yummy :)